5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather dash lifting and bubbling

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is the syringe hole visible?
Not really, after you roll it and place a weighted bag over the spot, it glues itself closed. The 23ga syringes created a bigger hole than the 18ga because of the difficulty in pushing the adhesive out which made me move more as my hand was getting tired. The 18ga flows like butter so you don't widen the hole moving around because you're straining your hand.

I post a pic of two repaired spots shortly

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is an area that I did in 2 places

1000008571.jpg

Below is the same area above but enlarged.
You wouldn't know if it said if it wasn't pointed out to you

1000008573.jpg

Given The options available, I'm satisfied with the outcome of this repair as opposed to leaving it or spending a couple of thousand having the dealer fix it or spending a similar amount having an upholstery shop pull it out and wrap it in vinyl and put it back in.

If it becomes a bigger problem like some of the other pictures I've seen from people, I may opt for having the leather removed and replacing it with a simulated leather but if I can stay on top of it and keep it looking like this, I'm not going to bother.

I believe the issue is the manufacturer doesn't use enough adhesive and probably doesn't use a good adhesive to apply the leather to these dashes.
I believe the problem is also compounded if you don't address the the trouble spots right away versus just letting it go and it getting worse to the point where now you have to replace the dash

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread