5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaking rear window in 2020 1500 laramie

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am suffering from the same issue with lots of rain recently, have an appointment at my local dealer coming Monday, it's under cpo warranty and I also brought the extended warranty so I'll see what's will be the outcome after I brought the truck in.
Stick them to the CPO.
Extended will most likely not cover jack, as far as I have read here.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welp my plan didn't work. Still water coming in. Gonna have to take another look.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welp my plan didn't work. Still water coming in. Gonna have to take another look.
Did you go far enough left and right and did you put in enough to really fill the space? (I ended up using almost two tubes)
If so, then the brake light would be my next target.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you go far enough left and right and did you put in enough to really fill the space? (I ended up using almost two tubes)
If so, then the brake light would be my next target.
I think I need more on the outside, but I put clear silicone in the crack between the plastic and metal from the inside. I think that's where it comes in?

The third brake light has flex seal tape inside and outside. No way it's coming there.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really hope I don’t get this issues I have a 22 Laramie as well and I can tell you I wouldn’t be happy if this happened on my brand new truck.. keep us posted though whatever has worked for y’all.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found a couple drops on the window after work. Grabbed some black sealant from home Depot and filled the corner of the window where the plastic guides are. This needs to stop because my wife is beginning to mock me and say I should have just taken it in.

Rollint

Reaction score
Found a couple drops on the window after work. Grabbed some black sealant from home Depot and filled the corner of the window where the plastic guides are. This needs to stop because my wife is beginning to mock me and say I should have just taken it in.
Yeah...and if you can't get it to stop I can't imagine the dealer will cover it now

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah...and if you can't get it to stop I can't imagine the dealer will cover it now
I didn't want to take it to them anyway. All I've read is they put a band-aid and people end up getting leaks again.

Nstoolman1

Reaction score
So is the consensus that 3 tubes of the 1.5 Oz Permatex will do the top and sides?
Is this stuff to runny for the sides or do I need to make a dam on the sides to keep it from running out and down?

Users who are viewing this thread