5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Largest (tallest) tire on 2020 limited 22" rims (with air suspension)

naterizzle

Reaction score
I believe it is a setting and it also doesn’t go into Aero with tow/haul turned on.
Ok, so I tested this morning and here's the results. Left truck in Normal when I parked last night, so started driving in Normal and didn't touch any leveling settings. Got onto the freeway and set adaptive cruise at 85mph. Did 85mph for about 15 miles with no change to ride height, slowed down to 60mph and still no change.

Like you noted, I was also wondering if there is a setting to turn the Aero speed limit on/off or adjust. The truck does automatically lower from Offroad 2 and 1 at certain speeds, but maybe there's a separate setting for Aero. I will poke around in the menus and report back!

Side note: just dropped it off for tint, excited to see the results here in a couple hours!

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Air ride suspension will go to aero if you are like 65-70 and up. You can not select ride height once you hit those speeds. It will raise back up wants it senses you have slowed down to 50 or so.

You can turn off automatic aero mode in the vehicle settings and it will not automatically go into aero mode unless you have manually selected that mode.

naterizzle

Reaction score
You can turn off automatic aero mode in the vehicle settings and it will not automatically go into aero mode unless you have manually selected that mode.
Good to know! I think I will leave that setting off and use it manually as I see fit.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No way? I had no clue thanks for sharing that. I’m guessing that’s under the “suspension “ setting in the infotainment screen?

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand why you wouldn't want the truck to get a little better mpg in aero mode. Way back in the late 80's I had a Lincoln Mark VII that would lower at highway speeds. I know my 2019 Ram would go into aero and I had no reason or desire to disable it.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand why you wouldn't want the truck to get a little better mpg in aero mode.

Many people will happily sacrifice a fraction of an MPG in fuel economy for a larger tire that might rub in aero mode but won't rub at normal height. This thread is about the largest tire size.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many people will happily sacrifice a fraction of an MPG in fuel economy for a larger tire that might rub in aero mode but won't rub at normal height. This thread is about the largest tire size.
I know. See #38
If you're rubbing at highway speeds (basically going straight with minimal steering input), you're gonna be rubbing like crazy turning into parking lots over curbs at normal height.

Eaglevc22

Reaction score
Just had these Recon Grapplers installed 305/55/R22 With stock air suspension and hardly get any rubbing on Normal Height, pretty impressed on how quiet they are compared to original.
IMG_4353.jpeg IMG_4343.jpeg IMG_4346.jpeg

IMG_4352.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4352.jpeg
    IMG_4352.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 45

caaampin19

Reaction score
Just had these Recon Grapplers installed 305/55/R22 With stock air suspension and hardly get any rubbing on Normal Height, pretty impressed on how quiet they are compared to original.
Those look nice! You mentioned hardly any rubbing at normal ride height, how about on aero or in entry/exit? About to replace my factory tires on the 22's so I'm curious.

Eaglevc22

Reaction score
Those look nice! You mentioned hardly any rubbing at normal ride height, how about on aero or in entry/exit? About to replace my factory tires on the 22's so I'm curious.
Aero Mode and Entry and Exit does slightly Rub on reverse Full Lock both ways on inner plástic wells slightly. Installing Bora Spacers and Links to help alleviate on those 2 modes. Not to worried about Entry and Exit tho hardly use that

TyH2009

Reaction score

Eaglevc22

Reaction score
305/55/22? Damn. That’s gotta be what, a 35.5” tall tire? I have 285/55/22 and it’s like a 34.6”.
35.21” Height, 12.01 inches Width so like a 1/4” taller than a 35/12.50/ R22 but a little less wide. I wanted these because they are 6ply instead of 10 ply I think so softer

TyH2009

Reaction score
35.21” Height, 12.01 inches Width so like a 1/4” taller than a 35/12.50/ R22 but a little less wide. I wanted these because they are 6ply instead of 10 ply I think so softer
Dang. That’s a tall tire esp with no level. I understand about the ply thing though.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
View attachment 171560 View attachment 171561 View attachment 171562

View attachment 171564
I've been looking at the recon grapplers in this exact same size, how much clearance do you have between the inside of the tire and the upper control arm? If you could grab a picture id really appreciate it, that's the only thing that has me worried. thanks

Sigfla

Reaction score
Ordered 295/50r22 KO2’s. It’s a D range 33.6 or .7 inch tire depending on who publishes the spec and less weight that the E range Nitto and AT3’s in the same size. I am amazed more people don’t run them. Another OP from an outside FB group posted pics of his on stock 22 night rims w/no level and it sealed the deal for me. That being said I bought a Revel kit bc eventually I want 285/55’s.

Users who are viewing this thread