5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie vs Limited

Sdrudy

Reaction score
I am ready to pull the trigger but am torn between either a 2024 Laramie with the Level B package or a 2023 Limited without the level 1. They are coming out to about the same price. Is the limited worth the older year? Neither have the surround camera.

Thanks

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am ready to pull the trigger but am torn between either a 2024 Laramie with the Level B package or a 2023 Limited without the level 1. They are coming out to about the same price. Is the limited worth the older year? Neither have the surround camera.

Thanks
Find one with the surround camera. It amazes me how many "base" Limiteds are out there...

Resale should always be higher on a base level Limited vs a tricked out Laramie though...

Sdrudy

Reaction score
Find one with the surround camera. It amazes me how many "base" Limiteds are out there...

Resale should always be higher on a base level Limited vs a tricked out Laramie though...
The one I am looking at has the night edition package so there are some upgrades, just doesn’t have the level 1. Seems like a decent deal

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If neither have the surround camera the Limited should have everything the Laramie does with better resale value...if I am remembering correctly. I have a 2023 Limited the luxury is worth it no regrets.

themust

Reaction score
I’ve had both a ‘19 Laramie and. 21 limited. When I first got the Laramie I felt like the luxuries were over the top for a truck. But now, 4 years later, I love my limited which has the level 1. (Which I sought deliberately because I wanted everything on it if I was going to switch to essentially the same truck anyway). The limited has better leather seats, many more small luxury items throughout, leather dashboard and other touch points throughout the interior. In your question, I don’t think you mention the miles on each of your considered trucks.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only you can decide by determining what features are important you and comparing standard and optional features of each truck. Many of the options in the Laramie Level B group are standard features on the Limited. However, with the Limited you also get features like a higher quality leather seats, fender flares and 4 corner air suspension.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
A Limited without the Level 1 Equipment group isn't worth buying IMO. But, having owned a 2020 Laramie, a 2020 Limited, and a 2021 Limited, if I had to choose between the two trucks you're considering I'd get the Limited.

RAL

Reaction score
We have a Laramie with the Level 2 package. We also looked at the Limited and and the Longhorn. All gorgeous trucks but I didn’t want the air suspension because I tend to keep vehicles for 10 years plus and didn’t want to deal with the overhaul costs of an air suspension. I have dealt with it on other vehicles and it’s not worth the trouble and cost versus the benefit, in my experience. If you are keeping the truck for five years or less, it is likely a non issue. (Note for those who are now going to jump in and say the air suspension is reliable, note that I am not saying it is unreliable, but when it does wear out like a traditional shock absorber will in the 75-125k range I would rather not spend $5k plus to change shocks.)

dajogejr

Reaction score
We have a Laramie with the Level 2 package. We also looked at the Limited and and the Longhorn. All gorgeous trucks but I didn’t want the air suspension because I tend to keep vehicles for 10 years plus and didn’t want to deal with the overhaul costs of an air suspension. I have dealt with it on other vehicles and it’s not worth the trouble and cost versus the benefit, in my experience. If you are keeping the truck for five years or less, it is likely a non issue. (Note for those who are now going to jump in and say the air suspension is reliable, note that I am not saying it is unreliable, but when it does wear out like a traditional shock absorber will in the 75-125k range I would rather not spend $5k plus to change shocks.)

Heard. Get the Max Care warranty is my answer. On my 15 limited it saved my bacon a few times, I’m getting the Max care for my 23 Limited for the air ride and electronics.

The interior and exterior as mentioned for me is all Limited, especially with the night package.
But I gotta tell ya, after looking at my sticker and all that’s included with the Level 1, most of the items are the reason I upgraded from my 15 limited to my current 23 Limited. Tough call.
I like the way the air ride rides in these trucks. It’s also the biggest issue I had with my 15…
The interior of the Limited is nicer, but I really love all the tech in my 23.. tough call for sure.

mplaramie

Reaction score
Limiteds are great trucks. I almost went with one but got a loaded Laramie because i wanted to avoid air ride. Most options can be had on the Laramie.

Since I live in Upstate Western NY (snow belt) and knew I would be changing the suspension (small lift 3"), the Laramie was the best choice for me.

Really comes down to what you want and how you think you will make your Ram yours...... This way you get what you want and try not to waste $$$$ on things you may not want or change down the line.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
One other thing I meant to include is the difference in headlights. The Laramie headlights are adequate, and a big improvement over the halogen reflectors. But the Limited headlights kind of put those to shame. I do a lot of driving on dark back roads on my commute, with lots of deer and other wildlife. So good visibility is important for me. There's always the Longhorn for those who want the luxury of the Limited but don't want air suspension.

RAL

Reaction score
The Laramie with the Level 2 package has LED headlights and fog lights that automatically illuminate on turns/. I drove the Limited as well - both at night because we do a fair amount of driving where critters are present- and I couldn’t really tell any difference. The Limited headlights do articulate, not just the fogs, but in practice I didn’t see much difference.

Both are a significant improvement over the standard halogen lights.

A4Owner

Reaction score
I think the issue here, and I say this as an Audi and GV80 owner, is how much of a beating is this truck going to take? Most people buy trucks because they DON'T want their Audi or GV80 getting pounded over the years. If that's the case, go with a low option Laramie and save your money. Speaking purely from personal taste, I would say LTD all the way even if you do not dress it up that much [as you know LTDs already come with a ton] it's just that they are SUCH nice rigs I'd almost, and this nearly sounds stupid, NOT want to take it down a dirt road or do any major hauling with it because of how sexy it is. And that would be SUCH a waste because these things can tow like no one's business. Even my GV80 with the twin turbo V6, which can tow a lot for a 3 row SUV doesn't even come close to what a 1500 with the 5.7 can pull...like it's not far short from a double. And that self leveling suspension: superb. But I would agree with the one poster who wrote, and I'll paraphrase: if you intend on keeping it for YEARs then get what your heart wants more...at the end of the day...both of these rigs ain't cheap!

barrak

Reaction score
Skip the near-base Limited. Who would buy it from you down the road and out of warranty... almost none of the perks, except for the time bomb of an air suspension?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No surround camera? I would keep shopping.

No adaptive cruise control? I would keep shopping.

I had a '19 Laramie and now have a '21 Limited.

I loved my Adaptive Cruise on my '19 anyway, but then I got the '21 and about a year ago I got a Comma and started using OpenPilot to autopilot my truck and there is no way I could go back. It is AWESOME for road trips. I am SO much less fatigued after a long drive. The Comma requires factory ACC to work in a RAM 1500.

A4Owner

Reaction score
Wow what's Open Pilot? My GV80 has the stuff where it drives itself but this sounds even better. But yeah if you option up a Laramie then might as well get a LTD. A/S in Gen 5s is apparently way more durable and reliable than Gen 4.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my Laramie and optioned it up to a Limited level..
I didn't want the Sunroof, RAM Boxes, MFT Tailgate or the Heads up Display that just came out.
The only thing else from the Limited would have been the Projector Headlights and rear vented seats.

If I could have ordered it with an 8; bed and 50 Gal Diesel tank would have been perfect for me.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread