5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Vs Limited

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
how are you able to order a 2023? Do you have to go directly to a dealer?
I went to my Dealer and we ordered the 2023 Laramie with options I wanted. The only disappointment is colors this year you do not have very much to choose from....two whites, red, black and I forgot the other already that's it at this point.

CLECSoft

Reaction score
I went to my Dealer and we ordered the 2023 Laramie with options I wanted. The only disappointment is colors this year you do not have very much to choose from....two whites, red, black and I forgot the other already that's it at this point.
That is why we ordered a LARAMIE with the bright Red and all the options except the console. We had given up since we refused to order a bland color.
Salesmen said higher end buyers don't want their vehicles to stand out. Phuey! We are spending 80k and want that bright red to call attention to my excessive expense.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is why we ordered a LARAMIE with the bright Red and all the options except the console. We had given up since we refused to order a bland color.
Salesmen said higher end buyers don't want their vehicles to stand out. Phuey! We are spending 80k and want that bright red to call attention to my excessive expense.
Well I think at the price of new Trucks last 10 years one should have a choice of more than 5 colors for sure. Not 5 to suit all. I have White and have had White for years but was thinking about for the first time dark Gray with black trim, but now glad I could not get it every one and their brother I see has that color it seems.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure why they limited the new trucks for 23 to 5 colors but I really have to think it is because they plan to do a refresh in mid year this year and introduce new colors at that time as they phase out the 5.7 Hemi. main reason I ordered a late last year because I wanted to trade my 60K plus 2019 in on a new 5.7 Hemi. Not so sure about the 6 bangers they are coming out with.

VegasRob55

Reaction score
I was all set to get a Laramie when I ordered. One ride in a Limited and my wife told me that she wouldn't ride in the Laramie if I bought it. She has a much more sensitive butt than I do. She liked the Limited seats over the Laramie seats.
She wouldn't ride in an 80 thousand dollar truck with her husband? Tell me more, sir...

VegasRob55

Reaction score
Tell me about it, I had a 2019 Big Horn and I used to brag how comfortable the seats were, now I have a 2022 Laramie, and the seats are pretty unremarkable. They are nice, but nothing like the Big Horn seats.
I happen to think the Laramie seats are the best I've ever sat in. Luxury car or truck.

VegasRob55

Reaction score
there is NO WAY to beat the headlamps in a Limited...they are simply the best out there, the other LED reflectors are 75% of what the Limited's are. Like someone said, if you don't drive country, then you may not care...but out here in the front range of Colorado, they matter... they are hands-down better than anything else. Over & out!
The Laramie LED headlights are still lightyears ahead of any other automaker's halogen candle bulbs. By several hundred percent.

VegasRob55

Reaction score
My '19 Laramie was Black with the Black package (I don't think it was called Night in '19) and had the Sport hood.

I just noticed mine last week. I was driving at night down some really narrow, really windy roads and I noticed that when I came to a curve and turned the steering wheel, if I looked for it, I could see my headlight beams change angle to point into the curve.

I have a '19 Laramie with the Level 2 option package. I put 73K miles on it in 3 years - so, lots of long road trips.

I now have a '21 Limited. I've put 12K miles on it in the 3.5 months I've had it. I've driven 700+ miles in a day in it several times now, with a max of about 950 miles in a day. Actually, I drove my Laramie 950 miles in a day to trade it in, then drove 950 miles back the next day in the Limited.

Both trucks have air suspension. Both have heated/ventilated front seats.

I don't notice any difference at all in the comfort of the seats. They're plenty comfortable enough for ME to drive 950 miles 2 days in a row and still feel good at the end of the 2nd day.

The LED headlights on the Laramie were really good. WAY better than any previous headlights I had owned. The Limited's headlights are just a tiny bit better. Not a reason I would specifically choose a Limited over a Laramie. If I were custom ordering a truck, I personally would order a Laramie with all the options and the Sport Appearance package. I liked the all black on my '19 and like it on my '21, but I think they look even better with just a little bit of chrome (for the badges). A fully loaded Laramie is just a little less expensive than a Limited with the same equipment, and I think it looks better, to boot.
Yeah, it used to be called black appearance group

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Power running boards are not standard on the Longhorn. They are fixed and ugly.
True that the Limited comes with more standard features than the Lonhorn. But the two trims can be identically equipped - ignoring aesthetic differences, obviously.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
True that the Limited comes with more standard features than the Lonhorn. But the two trims can be identically equipped - ignoring aesthetic differences, obviously.

True however the price of the upgraded Longhorn then blows right past the Limited MSRP. I originally wanted the Longhorn, love the black and saddle interior; but I also wanted the air ride and advance safety group.

By the time I optioned up the Longhorn to equal the Limited, it was a ~$3k difference. I liked black and saddle but not 3k more than the indigo/frost. Limited has to have Level 1 to get the power running boards as does the Longhorn however the longhorn Level 1 upgrade was $3895 vs the Limited's Level 1 being $2995

Screenshot 2023-05-13 160855.png

Limited Level 1 with Air ride

Screenshot 2023-05-13 160759.png

Longhorn Level 1 without Air ride, add $2k for air ride, with the advanced safety group & MFT

For comparison, this is the truck I almost bought

Screenshot 2023-05-13 161646.png

Optioned just like the limited for the above price minus TTL.
vs

Screenshot 2023-05-13 162001.png

With TTL
I stupidly gambled with covid and ended up paying about 2K more for the limited in July vs March prices. Still came out ahead, just not as good but the point is that the Limited makes more sense from a $$$ and options standpoint

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
True however the price of the upgraded Longhorn then blows right past the Limited MSRP. I originally wanted the Longhorn, love the black and saddle interior; but I also wanted the air ride and advance safety group.

By the time I optioned up the Longhorn to equal the Limited, it was a ~$3k difference. I liked black and saddle but not 3k more than the indigo/frost. Limited has to have Level 1 to get the power running boards as does the Longhorn however the longhorn Level 1 upgrade was $3895 vs the Limited's Level 1 being $2995

Oh, I’m aware…I spent more to order my Longhorn with everything back in ‘18, but I wanted the unique interior, grille, and wheels of that trim.

On the plus side, it was paid off a long time ago, and I still receive compliments (especially on the interior) all the time.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Power running boards became part of the Level 1 package for '23 models. Prior to that all Limited's came with them as a standard feature. Ram seems to have lost their price advantage over the other brands in the last couple years.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Can you get the Limited's Adaptive headlights on a Longhorn?

John Galt

Reaction score
Can you get the Limited's Adaptive headlights on a Longhorn?
I think about the only things you can’t get on the Laramie is the Limited leather interior and the digital rear view mirror which is very nice…. and of course the Hemi. Pretty much everything else can be optioned on the Laramie…..and if you do it’s almost the same pric…..or WAS when you could get either one with the Hemi and there was no 10% off deal.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think about the only things you can’t get on the Laramie is the Limited leather interior and the digital rear view mirror which is very nice…. and of course the Hemi. Pretty much everything else can be optioned on the Laramie…..and if you do it’s almost the same pric…..or WAS when you could get either one with the Hemi and there was no 10% off deal.
He asked about the Longhorn, which is effectively the Limited’s western-themed twin.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was very satisfied from the 19 Laramie to 23 Laramie to keep a new 5.7 motor in the 1500 series truck. I was not satisfied with price and options from 19 to 23 year. It seems Ram has lost its edge of price over the rest of the trucks for sure in 23 and it most certainly cut its options for what you get 23 vs.19 with a much higher price. I gave up 2nd row heated seats could not stand the adaptive cruise on my 19 or the paralle, perpendicular parking, lane assist so I dropped it on the 23 order. I really never wanted the looks of the front end on the Limited vs. the Laramie and did go with Sport Package over the night package because of 22 inch wheels I did not want. The only thing I wanted in that safety package was the auto dim headlights and the 360 cams. I was able to order the headlights and the multi-tailgate but FORGOT the 360 cams! Then when the truck came in MOPAR forgot to put Multi-tailgate on it so the dealer offered to lower truck price by 1200. or reorder. I took the 1200. The price was 4k higher than my 19 with no 360 cams or safety package and no 2nd row heated seats! I might add on my 2014 I had manual fold mirrors that I thought were power folds when ordered. Then 2019 truck I had the smaller power folds because I never wanted the manual folds again. The 2023 now has the big power folds and they are fantastic!!!

Users who are viewing this thread