5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Vs Limited

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think about the only things you can’t get on the Laramie is the Limited leather interior and the digital rear view mirror which is very nice…. and of course the Hemi. Pretty much everything else can be optioned on the Laramie…..and if you do it’s almost the same pric…..or WAS when you could get either one with the Hemi and there was no 10% off deal.

You can't get the Limited's adaptive headlights on the Laramie, either. Or couldn't any time I've done a test build.

I had a fully loaded '19 Laramie before I traded to my '21 Limited. In general, I would actually rather have a fully loaded Laramie with the Sport package than a Limited. I like the dash of chrome badging you get that way versus none at all on my black Limited with Night package and versus the too-much (for me) chrome that you get on a Limited without the Night pacakge. But, I DO like the headlights on my Limited just a little better than the Laramie headlights.

I like the digital mirror on my Limited, too. I didn't realize that there is no way to get that on a Laramie.

What did you mean by "and of course the Hemi". The way that full sentence reads (to me), it is saying that you cannot get a Laramie with a Hemi. That doesn't sound correct. The online builder says you can, but then, it also lets you configured it with an EcoDiesel, which I know isn't right.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was very satisfied from the 19 Laramie to 23 Laramie to keep a new 5.7 motor in the 1500 series truck. I was not satisfied with price and options from 19 to 23 year. It seems Ram has lost its edge of price over the rest of the trucks for sure in 23 and it most certainly cut its options for what you get 23 vs.19 with a much higher price. I gave up 2nd row heated seats could not stand the adaptive cruise on my 19 or the paralle, perpendicular parking, lane assist so I dropped it on the 23 order. I really never wanted the looks of the front end on the Limited vs. the Laramie and did go with Sport Package over the night package because of 22 inch wheels I did not want. The only thing I wanted in that safety package was the auto dim headlights and the 360 cams. I was able to order the headlights and the multi-tailgate but FORGOT the 360 cams! Then when the truck came in MOPAR forgot to put Multi-tailgate on it so the dealer offered to lower truck price by 1200. or reorder.

Oh, man! That sucks! The MFT is one of the main reasons I traded my '19 for my '21. I really wanted the MFT. It is SO useful! To me, anyway. Loading heavy stuff in and out of the back is SO much easier with the MFT. I load scuba tanks in and out all the time. I lower the air suspension as low as it will go and open the tailgate barn door style. It is so much easier (especially on my back!) than my old truck with no air suspension and a regular tailgate.

I would have told them to reorder. :( ("and, by the way, add the 360 cameras this time")

It's funny about the adapative cruise. Not saying you are like this, but I've seen many posts from people who don't like it or don't want it where it SEEMS like the person has the idea that having the adaptive cruise option means you lose the "normal" cruise control. Of course, that it totally incorrect. A truck with adaptive has 2 On/Off buttons for cruise. One is for adaptive and the other is for normal. If you don't want to use adaptive, you don't have to. You can still use the other button to turn on "normal" cruise and use that.

I will never buy another vehicle that doesn't have adaptive cruise control. But, that doesn't mean that I never use regular cruise. What it does mean, though, is having adaptive means I can also install and use a Comma with OpenPilot, which I have done and use all the time. I drove 6+ hours from FL to SC yesterday and hardly touched the gas, brakes, or steering wheel the whole way. OpenPilot makes drives like that so much nicer than without it.

It's kinda like the MFT. Just because it can open barn door style doesn't mean you can't use it like a normal tailgate. You can use it either way. You don't lose anything by having the MFT. So, the only reason I can see to NOT get it is if you just really cannot afford it. And, really, how much does the MFT add to a monthly payment on one of these trucks?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can't get the Limited's adaptive headlights on the Laramie, either. Or couldn't any time I've done a test build.

I like the digital mirror on my Limited, too. I didn't realize that there is no way to get that on a Laramie.

What did you mean by "and of course the Hemi". The way that full sentence reads (to me), it is saying that you cannot get a Laramie with a Hemi. That doesn't sound correct. The online builder says you can, but then, it also lets you configured it with an EcoDiesel, which I know isn't right.
The Limited and Laramie have completely differnet headlights. Only thing is common as they are both LED. One is a projector and other reflector housings.

You can get a "digital mirror" on a Laramie via the Technology package.
You CAN'T get the GT package if you have the technology package need to choose one or the other.

There are currently problems getting a hemi ordered for a 1500 depending on the trim. I think I read Laramie's are locked out but Bighorns are still able to have a 5.7 ordered for them.
Likely because hemi is getting phased out or orders for 24 are a week away.
Never go by the online builder for anything.

John Galt

Reaction score

I had a fully loaded '19 Laramie before I traded to my '21 Limited. In general, I would actually rather have a fully loaded Laramie with the Sport package than a Limited. I like the dash of chrome badging you get that way versus none at all on my black Limited with Night package and versus the too-much (for me) chrome that you get on a Limited without the Night pacakge. But, I DO like the headlights on my Limited just a little better than the Laramie headlights.

Online builder says you can but dealers are saying they can’t order it anymore….only available with the 6’4” bed now on the Laramie. Still available on the Limited.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hemi is unavailable right now in a Laramie. It's crazy. I went last week to price one and it was available, later that day it wasn't.

6of36

Reaction score
Oh, man! That sucks! The MFT is one of the main reasons I traded my '19 for my '21. I really wanted the MFT. It is SO useful! To me, anyway. Loading heavy stuff in and out of the back is SO much easier with the MFT. I load scuba tanks in and out all the time. I lower the air suspension as low as it will go and open the tailgate barn door style. It is so much easier (especially on my back!) than my old truck with no air suspension and a regular tailgate.

I would have told them to reorder. :( ("and, by the way, add the 360 cameras this time")

It's funny about the adapative cruise. Not saying you are like this, but I've seen many posts from people who don't like it or don't want it where it SEEMS like the person has the idea that having the adaptive cruise option means you lose the "normal" cruise control. Of course, that it totally incorrect. A truck with adaptive has 2 On/Off buttons for cruise. One is for adaptive and the other is for normal. If you don't want to use adaptive, you don't have to. You can still use the other button to turn on "normal" cruise and use that.

I will never buy another vehicle that doesn't have adaptive cruise control. But, that doesn't mean that I never use regular cruise. What it does mean, though, is having adaptive means I can also install and use a Comma with OpenPilot, which I have done and use all the time. I drove 6+ hours from FL to SC yesterday and hardly touched the gas, brakes, or steering wheel the whole way. OpenPilot makes drives like that so much nicer than without it.

It's kinda like the MFT. Just because it can open barn door style doesn't mean you can't use it like a normal tailgate. You can use it either way. You don't lose anything by having the MFT. So, the only reason I can see to NOT get it is if you just really cannot afford it. And, really, how much does the MFT add to a monthly payment on one of these trucks?
I didn't realize about the cruise, until my buddy showed me his. I had a 13 Charger with adaptive cruise, and it did not have regular cruise. I hated it.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't realize about the cruise, until my buddy showed me his. I had a 13 Charger with adaptive cruise, and it did not have regular cruise. I hated it.

Wow! That is crazy. I had a 2012 Grand Cherokee (well, my ex's). It had adaptive and regular cruise. Same as my '19 and my '21 RAMs. Can't imagine why they would build a car that was adaptive-only.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wow! That is crazy. I had a 2012 Grand Cherokee (well, my ex's). It had adaptive and regular cruise. Same as my '19 and my '21 RAMs. Can't imagine why they would build a car that was adaptive-only.
That's how my Audi is...ACC only. I like it for normal driving in my area, where we really don't have freeways. But it sucks on the freeway, especially in medium to heavy traffic.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You are correct I thought hard for the tailgate but decided no to. The 360 cams made me almost reorder more than the tailgate, but the main reason I ordered was for the 5.7 in a new truck since I knew it would get phased out first on the 23 Laramie's. I absolutely hate adaptive cruise...lol..I had it in my 19 NEVER USED IT always used the regular cruise. I refuse to ride with a pack ( Old biker) But I would have enjoyed the 360 had it on the 19 and loved it! I'm sure I would have liked the tailgate but can do with it okay. Done tech. package with Sport. Really like the 23 but really miss the back row heated seats and 360 cams. The projector Led or Led are both okay with me either way. The auto park on my 19 I used one time and had I not stopped it, it would have got a 19 vette at the time....I never used it ever again! I know how to park and sensors up front and rear are plenty help for me. Do like the rear back up auto brake on the 19 and the 23 very useful feature for sure.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hemi is unavailable right now in a Laramie. It's crazy. I went last week to price one and it was available, later that day it wasn't.
Its the very reason I traded my 2019 Ram Laramie for the 2023 Laramie and ordered last November so I could get a new one again with the 5.7 before it was gone. :)

6of36

Reaction score
You are correct I thought hard for the tailgate but decided no to. The 360 cams made me almost reorder more than the tailgate, but the main reason I ordered was for the 5.7 in a new truck since I knew it would get phased out first on the 23 Laramie's. I absolutely hate adaptive cruise...lol..I had it in my 19 NEVER USED IT always used the regular cruise. I refuse to ride with a pack ( Old biker) But I would have enjoyed the 360 had it on the 19 and loved it! I'm sure I would have liked the tailgate but can do with it okay. Done tech. package with Sport. Really like the 23 but really miss the back row heated seats and 360 cams. The projector Led or Led are both okay with me either way. The auto park on my 19 I used one time and had I not stopped it, it would have got a 19 vette at the time....I never used it ever again! I know how to park and sensors up front and rear are plenty help for me. Do like the rear back up auto brake on the 19 and the 23 very useful feature for sure.
The auto brake in reverse is a major pain in the **** if you ever tow a trailer, or have anything longer in the bed where you have to have the tailgate open.

6of36

Reaction score
Nah. Just turn it off in those situations.
That's the pain in the ****. Have to stop and try and figure out which button. Small writing and bad eyes. I watch where I back up and don't need it.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
That's the pain in the ****. Have to stop and try and figure out which button. Small writing and bad eyes. I watch where I back up and don't need it.

Yeah, it takes at least 2 seconds out of your day. As my vision started to degrade, I got glasses. 🙄

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The auto brake in reverse is a major pain in the **** if you ever tow a trailer, or have anything longer in the bed where you have to have the tailgate open.
Yes for sure if you do not disable it when towing trailers it will drive one crazy! Just disable when you tow it wont mess with you.

ramhouston

Reaction score
True however the price of the upgraded Longhorn then blows right past the Limited MSRP. I originally wanted the Longhorn, love the black and saddle interior; but I also wanted the air ride and advance safety group.

By the time I optioned up the Longhorn to equal the Limited, it was a ~$3k difference. I liked black and saddle but not 3k more than the indigo/frost. Limited has to have Level 1 to get the power running boards as does the Longhorn however the longhorn Level 1 upgrade was $3895 vs the Limited's Level 1 being $2995

View attachment 158654

Limited Level 1 with Air ride

View attachment 158655

Longhorn Level 1 without Air ride, add $2k for air ride, with the advanced safety group & MFT

For comparison, this is the truck I almost bought

View attachment 158656

Optioned just like the limited for the above price minus TTL.
vs

View attachment 158657

With TTL
I stupidly gambled with covid and ended up paying about 2K more for the limited in July vs March prices. Still came out ahead, just not as good but the point is that the Limited makes more sense from a $$$ and options standpoint
limited has power running boards standard in that window sticker you presented. the level 1 option was not necessary to acquire.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha...I guess it's a good thing you weren't making my buying decision for me then. ;)
haha...I guess! Its not for every one they must have figured out since now its optioned on most to have it. I just left it off on the 19 all the time. Then never ordered on the 23 every one happy! :)

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If not mistaken I think it will also disable as soon as you engage tow/haul as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online