5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Vs Limited

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or a Limited Longhorn, as they’re now called… ;)
I appreciate all the answers/ responses ............ I don't get it I guess after owning 5 Rams. So Now they changed the name to 'Limited Laramie Long Horns"? or Is there three different Trims now that being 1. At the top which always was the Laramie Long Horn 2. Laramie 3. Limited ? ......... I get the the difference in the Longhorn Laramie's Vs. the Laramie's I just don't get the difference in the "Limited" is it is a stand alone trim as number 3. I do understand air suspension is or can be on either Laramie trim and the seats on the two Laramies as far as comfort is the same with only difference being leather on the Longhorn over the Regular Laramies.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In response to all ........... I appreciate all the answers/ responses ............ I don't get it I guess after owning 5 Rams. So Now they changed the name to 'Limited Laramie Long Horns"? or Is there three different Trims now that being 1. At the top which always was the Laramie Long Horn 2. Laramie 3. Limited ? ......... I get the the difference in the Longhorn Laramie's Vs. the Laramie's I just don't get the difference in the "Limited" is it is a stand alone trim as number 3. I do understand air suspension is or can be on either Laramie trim and the seats on the two Laramies as far as comfort is the same with only difference being leather on the Longhorn over the Regular Laramies.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe this will help...the Limited is the top trim level. Limited Longhorn is the second highest trim level. They changed the name from Laramie Longhorn to Limited Longhorn a year or two ago, allegedly to alleviate confusion. Lord knows why they didn't just call it Longhorn, because it seems there's even more confusion now. There is no "Limited Laramie Long Horn" as you called it though.

I'm curious about those who say there's little or no difference in the headlights between the Laramie and the Limited, and whether they do much night driving outside of the city where it gets really dark, or if they mostly drive on city streets and street-lit freeways. I drive on mostly rural highways and back roads, and there's a definite improvement with the Limited headlights. If I drove mostly in town I probably wouldn't care with headlights I had.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord knows why they didn't just call it Longhorn, because it seems there's even more confusion now.
Amen to that. Calling it a "Limited Longhorn" makes some sense, given that the Longhorn is effectively a western-themed Limited. I always thought Laramie Longhorn was confusing—not because it confuses Wyoming and Texas, but because the Longhorn trim has almost nothing in common with the Laramie. But as you said...why not just "Longhorn"?

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
When we were getting ready to buy, we test drove both the Limited and the Laramie. I liked the composite leather seats in the Laramie just as well as the full leather seats in the Limited. I felt that the 20" tires on the Laramie offered a better ride than the 22" low profile tires on the Limited. The LED headlights on both Limited and Laramie seemed equal. The ones on both are very bright and we really like them. Available option packages in 2021 were about equal as well. We ended up buying a very nicely-optioned 4wd Laramie and have been very happy with it. Having the panoramic roof and larger stereo package makes a lot of difference.

PS: My son just bought a 2019 5th Gen Rebel. And based on test driving several 5th Gen 2019 Rams last week, I can safely say that the 4wd Rebel has a better ride than the 4wd Big Horns we test drove. Except for the noisier tires, it is pretty well equal to our Laramie. I am not sure why. I figure once he installs a Hellwig sway bar, it will likely handle as well as our Laramie too.

Last edited:

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
there is NO WAY to beat the headlamps in a Limited...they are simply the best out there, the other LED reflectors are 75% of what the Limited's are. Like someone said, if you don't drive country, then you may not care...but out here in the front range of Colorado, they matter... they are hands-down better than anything else. Over & out!

Derlant1983

Reaction score
I test drove both back to back, the Limited first then the Laramie. The Laramie cushions were harder , stiffer than the Limited. We didn't get out of the parking lot before she said I don't like this truck. Ordered the Limited with only 1 regret. I like the sport hood better.

moparleo51

Reaction score
my 2021 Laramie ram seats are just fine, they are leather on the front ,but pleather on the sides and back. as for the lights, the led reflectors are very good, compared to the limiteds i think they are just below because of the adjusting lights when turning. but if you ever have the bighorn or any other ram with those halogens you would be ecstatic to have these lights compared to those.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I test drove both back to back, the Limited first then the Laramie. The Laramie cushions were harder , stiffer than the Limited. We didn't get out of the parking lot before she said I don't like this truck. Ordered the Limited with only 1 regret. I like the sport hood better.
You can get the sport hood with the Night Edition package.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
simple really...Limited is RAM's highest trim level...you get better headlights, and softer leather. Throw in the air-ride....and there is nothing that comes close. Go Limited, or go home. :p
Air ride comes in the Laramie also...
Lights are good to great on both, only the Limited's that turn with the turn are pretty cool, but again,
The lights don't turn. It just turns on the fog lights FYI.
I appreciate all the answers/ responses ............ I don't get it I guess after owning 5 Rams. So Now they changed the name to 'Limited Laramie Long Horns"? or Is there three different Trims now that being 1. At the top which always was the Laramie Long Horn 2. Laramie 3. Limited ? ......... I get the the difference in the Longhorn Laramie's Vs. the Laramie's I just don't get the difference in the "Limited" is it is a stand alone trim as number 3. I do understand air suspension is or can be on either Laramie trim and the seats on the two Laramies as far as comfort is the same with only difference being leather on the Longhorn over the Regular Laramies.
There used to be a bunch of different trim names. Now it goes Laramie to Longhorn to Limited. Note: Longhorn and Limited are the same quality but different versions. Laramie is a lower trim but most options are available as packages. A limited and Longhorn include them as "standard"
Amen to that. Calling it a "Limited Longhorn" makes some sense, given that the Longhorn is effectively a western-themed Limited. I always thought Laramie Longhorn was confusing—not because it confuses Wyoming and Texas, but because the Longhorn trim has almost nothing in common with the Laramie. But as you said...why not just "Longhorn"?
"Limited Longhorn" was the old trim's name. There also "Laramie Longhorn".
My Limited (not Longhorn or Laramie) had a tag on the leather seats that said thank for you buying a Laramie Longhorn truck.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"Limited Longhorn" was the old trim's name. There also "Laramie Longhorn".
My Limited (not Longhorn or Laramie) had a tag on the leather seats that said thank for you buying a Laramie Longhorn truck.
The "Laramie Longhorn Edition" was introduced at the State Fair of Texas way back in September 2010.

Fast forward to the spring of 2018, when I ordered a 5th-gen Laramie Longhorn from my local dealership. I took delivery in September 2018 of what was probably the first Laramie Longhorn in town to arrive loaded with RamBoxes, Off-Road Group, eTorque, etc.

I had the seat tag you are speaking of, but of course my truck actually is a Laramie Longhorn. Of course, the Limited seats use exactly the same leather supplier and grade...just a different set of colors and patterns.

Anyway, the trim line wasn't rebranded to "Limited Longhorn" until the 2021 model year, when Ram announced the "Limited Longhorn 10th Anniversary Edition".

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Basically Limited=Longhorn. Different colors\styles with most features standard
Laramie=mid level trim with most features available as packages

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
When you first start up the truck they will perform a self test (move back and forth). Best to see during the evening hours parked in front of a garage door or something.
On a remote start?
I have the option in my radio, but I have only ever seen it do foglights.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On a remote start?
I have the option in my radio, but I have only ever seen it do foglights.
I seldom remote start but probably. Lights probably have to be in AUTO too. I see it every time I start my truck in front of our garage unless it's really bright out.

Does not perform test when remote starting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online