5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Vs Limited

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking at Ordering a 2023 Ram 1500 with 5.7 . Some has said the Limited has more comfortable seats over the Laramie seats? Can any one who has driven both or owned both weight in on that? I like the front end head lights more on the Laramie Sport more than the Limited but not sure what or if a Limited Sport looks different in the headlights over the Laramie Sport. I'm in the opinion the same options and trim is avaible on the Limited as the Laramie? Can any on weight in on the differences?

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was all set to get a Laramie when I ordered. One ride in a Limited and my wife told me that she wouldn't ride in the Laramie if I bought it. She has a much more sensitive butt than I do. She liked the Limited seats over the Laramie seats.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can't help you much on the seats. While I did own a 2019 Laramie and now own a 2021 Longhorn, I would have to drive them back-to-back for a while to see which one has the more comfortable seats. My hunch is it's a draw, however.

But as far as headlights, the projector LEDs on the Longhorn, Limited, and TRX are functionally superior to the reflector LEDs on the Laramie.

I'm in the opinion the same options and trim is avaible on the Limited as the Laramie?
I'm not sure what you mean as far as "same trim" in this context, but other than the headlights and appearance, I am not aware of any options on the Limited that you cannot get on the Laramie, although with parts shortages, that's not always the case.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was all set to get a Laramie when I ordered. One ride in a Limited and my wife told me that she wouldn't ride in the Laramie if I bought it. She has a much more sensitive butt than I do. She liked the Limited seats over the Laramie seats.
Did the Laramie have air suspension? If not, the difference may have been the suspension rather than the seats.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looking at Ordering a 2023 Ram 1500 with 5.7 . Some has said the Limited has more comfortable seats over the Laramie seats? Can any one who has driven both or owned both weight in on that? I like the front end head lights more on the Laramie Sport more than the Limited but not sure what or if a Limited Sport looks different in the headlights over the Laramie Sport. I'm in the opinion the same options and trim is avaible on the Limited as the Laramie? Can any on weight in on the differences?

I've owned both in 5th gen trim, and the Limited seat is a little more comfortable for longer drives IMHO. Both trucks drive and ride fantastic. You mentioned you like the Laramie headlights better, but are you talking about looks or functionality? Looks are one thing, but the Limited headlights are functionally superior to Laramie headlights. It's not even close IMHO, and was a big factor in upgrading from a Laramie to a Limited.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
More items are standard in the Limited, plus I've read the Limiteds have more and better quality leather. The headlights are better... other than that, and unless something has changed, I don't think you can get ventilated rear seats in the Laramie (passengers LOVE them).

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry I should have been more Specific in my description on seating and headlights. The Head Lights on the Laramie are wider in Looks which I like but I was really asking about functionality of the lights itself as well as the looks and was thinking you cannot get sport appearance Package on the Limited Rams. I was asking more if the seats are more comfortable in the Limited over the Laramie? A few has said the seats have far better cushion for bigger folks in the Limited than the Laramie. I have a big ****. My wife was in hopes that the Limited seats would be as comfortable as the older Chrysler 300 seats were. She liked the Laramie seats but would for them to be like the older Chrysler 300 seats were.

mysticbus

Reaction score
Really, I have a Big Horn and I could not imagine more comfortable seats. And I've been on them on several 10+ hour drives.

Tell me about it, I had a 2019 Big Horn and I used to brag how comfortable the seats were, now I have a 2022 Laramie, and the seats are pretty unremarkable. They are nice, but nothing like the Big Horn seats.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry I should have been more Specific in my description on seating and headlights. The Head Lights on the Laramie are wider in Looks which I like but I was really asking about functionality of the lights itself as well as the looks and was thinking you cannot get sport appearance Package on the Limited Rams. I was asking more if the seats are more comfortable in the Limited over the Laramie? A few has said the seats have far better cushion for bigger folks in the Limited than the Laramie. I have a big ****. My wife was in hopes that the Limited seats would be as comfortable as the older Chrysler 300 seats were. She liked the Laramie seats but would for them to be like the older Chrysler 300 seats were.
Like I said above, the Limited adaptive projector LED headlights work better than the Laramie reflector LED's. Don't get me wrong, the Laramie LED's are an improvement over 4th gen headlights. But the Limited headlights are just better.

There's not a big difference (if any) in the bolstering of the seats between Laramie and Limited trim levels. But the leather in the Limited is more supple, therefore more comfortable to me.

Modstang

Reaction score
I’ve owned both. The headlights are nearly equal in my opinion. I’m surprised at how many people have stated there’s a big difference between the two. The best advantage on the Limited is their ability to the turn with the steering.
The Limited leather is much better, because it’s real leather. The seats might be slightly more comfortable or it could be confirmation bias of buying an expensive truck.
Air ride and coil spring suspension will have their respective areas of best performance. I personally find value in the ride height adjustment. That was my driving reason to step to a Limited.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve owned both. The headlights are nearly equal in my opinion. I’m surprised at how many people have stated there’s a big difference between the two. The best advantage on the Limited is their ability to the turn with the steering.
The Limited leather is much better, because it’s real leather. The seats might be slightly more comfortable or it could be confirmation bias of buying an expensive truck.
Air ride and coil spring suspension will have their respective areas of best performance. I personally find value in the ride height adjustment. That was my driving reason to step to a Limited.
Leather seats and air suspension are both available on a Laramie fyi.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Leather seats and air suspension are both available on a Laramie fyi.
Yes, but are they different? While test driving, I specifically asked my salesperson if the Limited seats were available in the Laramie and he told me no. He said the Laramie upgraded seats were different than the Limited seats. I didn't know enough at the time to question if it was just the leather or if it was the seat itself.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Limited and Longhorn are real leather from real cows.

Laramie has pleather. I think they might have some bits of trim with the real stuff, but mostly it’s synthetic.

The corresponding trims on the other trucks (Lariat, LTZ, Tundra limited etc.) are also fake leather until the top trims. Better for durability anyway.

Av1

Reaction score
Limited and Longhorn are real leather from real cows.

Laramie has pleather. I think they might have some bits of trim with the real stuff, but mostly it’s synthetic.

The corresponding trims on the other trucks (Lariat, LTZ, Tundra limited etc.) are also fake leather until the top trims. Better for durability anyway.
This is not accurate according to the Regional Director of Sales, North America for PANGEA (the makers of the leather seat covers for both the Laramie and Limited trims).

I sent an email inquiring the difference between the Bristol Leather on the Laramie and the Natura Plus Leather on the Limited.

This was the reply from PANGEA:

"Bristol is the name of the construction. Constructions are names to differentiate the leather types used in the vehicle not only with Stellantis and the Ram brand but universally with all customers.

Specific to Bristol, it is a full grain natural North American product. Bristol is a distinction for the type of grain embossed into the hide. Your leather was produced in our facilities in Mexico where 90%+ of automotive leather is made for the North American market. It is a North American hide tanned, retanned and finished in Mexico. The difference between your product and the Natura Plus leather used on the premium versions is the selection of the hide (higher grade of hide), retanning process (alternative formula) and milling method (creates the softness). Bristol is a great product and will be suitable for the long term.

We cut the patterns in Saltillo, our oldest facility, and sent onto the seat cover sewing source, also in Mexico. The seat covers are assembled to the frame and foam at a company named Bridgewater in Detroit then shipped to the Sterling Heights, Michigan assembly plant where your vehicle was made.

Bonded leather is not used in Automotive applications. The durability of natural leather is paramount to meeting the customers’ expectations and bonded leather is not within those requirements.

I hope this has helped you understand your product."

Last edited:

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
The seats are ALMOST the same but not quite. The only way you can get fully adjustable lumbar support in the 2022+ is with the G/T package on the laramie, the up/down in/out seats come standard on the limited. I ordered a loaded laramie last month and now won't be taking delivery of it because of that.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
simple really...Limited is RAM's highest trim level...you get better headlights, and softer leather. Throw in the air-ride....and there is nothing that comes close. Go Limited, or go home. :p
Or a Limited Longhorn, as they’re now called… ;)

ChrisID

Reaction score
I currently own both, and can't tell a difference in the seats feel. The Limited look better, but both feel almost the same to me. If anything I would give a slight nod to the Laramie's seats, don't know why, but my limited is 'feeling' better now with 17K miles on them. Breaking in the better leather? don't know, don't care. Both are really good.
Lights are good to great on both, only the Limited's that turn with the turn are pretty cool, but again, not the end of the world.
Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread