5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Sport Hood emblems

vvgrovervv

Reaction score
here is a pic of the back side of the emblem. They are just stuck on with double sided tape. but there are two holes that is left in the bezel. I was going to take the emblems off and just leave it without them but decided to go back with black emblems. I thought about putting a plastic push pin in the hole just to cover it up but thought it would look tacky.
By the way, Mopar does not sale the emblems separate, you have to buy the whole bezel.

Attachments

• IMG_20190311_142521.jpg
    IMG_20190311_142521.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20190311_142510.jpg
    IMG_20190311_142510.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 235

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I pulled them off and painted as well. They really stick on so take your time getting them off. Might need to replace the tape as well. (I did).

Attachments

• 20190324_170051.jpg
    20190324_170051.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 108

RAMayor

Reaction score
@wildh24 Any recommendation on what kind of tape to use? What did you use? I am going to pull mine off this weekend and spray them. Just waiting on the plastidip.

I pulled them off and painted as well. They really stick on so take your time getting them off. Might need to replace the tape as well. (I did).

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@wildh24 Any recommendation on what kind of tape to use? What did you use? I am going to pull mine off this weekend and spray them. Just waiting on the plastidip.

I just used 3m mounting tape. Works ok but the emblem sticks out a touch. Going to try 3M emblem tape. Ordered some for that and another item. Also I wanted something hopefully more permanent and used Rust-Oleum Wheel Paint. Flat black. Seems pretty durable.

RAMayor

Reaction score
I just used 3m mounting tape. Works ok but the emblem sticks out a touch. Going to try 3M emblem tape. Ordered some for that and another item. Also, I wanted something hopefully more permanent and used Rust-Oleum Wheel Paint. Flat black. Seems pretty durable.

I was thinking about spraying all the plastic on the hood (vents and bezel) with bed liner, but I am worried it won't stick and if it doesn't work out and comes off spotty It will be a pain to remove so I am going to try palstidip and see how that goes. Worst case scenario I just pull it off.
Local Wrap/Tint guy wouldn't wrap them for me either (wanted a good carbon fiber wrap on all of them thought that would be a nice subtle touch), but he said it won't stick and the pieces are so intricate with too many failure points.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was thinking about spraying all the plastic on the hood (vents and bezel) with bed liner, but I am worried it won't stick and if it doesn't work out and comes off spotty It will be a pain to remove so I am going to try palstidip and see how that goes. Worst case scenario I just pull it off.
Local Wrap/Tint guy wouldn't wrap them for me either (wanted a good carbon fiber wrap on all of them thought that would be a nice subtle touch), but he said it won't stick and the pieces are so intricate with too many failure points.

I'm not sure on the bed liner. It probably would hold but would be pretty chunky. Plastidip would match up closer I would think.

Update on the adhesive. I tried the emblem stuff... No go. Just use 3m mounting tape and trim it as necessary. Works very well. Getting the factory adhesive of takes some time though. It's pretty sticky gooey.

Jrex

Reaction score
Bed liner wont match, I live on the ocean in Florida and anytning metal on your house rusts and corrodes. I use spray cans of bedliner to seal, protect and prevent any new corrosion or rust.
Rust oleum is gloss/semi gloss black and textured. Krylon is a flat/satin, black/grey metallic color and textured. neither are flat/matte black.

I had the chrome lettering on my 2019 Laramie sport, when my son got rear ended in his 2019 challenger Hellcat Red Eye, we bought the car back from the insurance company dirt cheap and decided to do the the engine transplant to RAM, which turns out to be transplanting 30% of the car to the truck to be compatible with high HP engine requirements.

I Removed all the Ram emblems off the entire truck and had custom TRX emblems done. I used a hair dryer to warm/loosen adhesive and isopropyl alcohol 90% spray to remove any left behind. It takes the adhesive off and any wax, sealant or coating paint protection also, FYI.

Just got them, there going on this weekend. Just get a Car Panel Removal Tools Kit, makes things really easy for all emblem/panel removal.

adhesive 20190606_175015.jpg 20190606_174627.jpg 20190606_175620.jpg Capture.JPG s-l160s0.jpg

Attachments

• 1559859896216.png
    1559859896216.png
    505.6 KB · Views: 16

Atretes1

Reaction score
I got mine professionally painted to match (using the ivory tri-coat). They used a brand new assembly so I just swapped out the entire thing.
View attachment 20429

View attachment 20430
What did that cost you. I had my Front RAM grill badge color matched for about $100. I ordered the blacked out replacement for the hood but some who I talked to said it would be pretty difficult to tape it off plus talked about paint build up on the edges due to it being taped off.

Hdmlnium1

Reaction score
jrex,
Redeye power in your Ram. That sounds like the perfect truck to me.
I bet she is a ton of fun.. Awesome...
Bill

Jrex

Reaction score
Yeah, its a monster. It took over 3 months, with help of local custom moder shop and a company that specializes in hellcat transplants. The nice thing about using the crashed car, motor was setup for an automatic transmission. If you get the Hellcat Hemi Crate motor, you can only use the Tremec Magnum manual 6 speed.

Once we went to basically a street drag tire for better traction, have broke a few 392 ring and pinons gears, 3 half shafts, and drive belt, but it melts tires like crazy.

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score
@LoRAM Just installed mine. Used @Ddelallata technique. Here are pix of it. Put a few notes on pix. Hope this helps. Took 15 min...being careful.
Thanks for the visual tutorial. Was driving myself crazy thinking I had to remove the liner under the hood. This will be a big help! Will post pics when it's on! Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread