5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Sport Hood emblems

Bradleys

Reaction score
If you are going to just use plasti dip spay, why not just tape them off and spray the in place?

I have been thinking about this mod on my Sport - but just do not see the need to do the removal.

WVRAM

Reaction score
Bed liner wont match, I live on the ocean in Florida and anytning metal on your house rusts and corrodes. I use spray cans of bedliner to seal, protect and prevent any new corrosion or rust.
Rust oleum is gloss/semi gloss black and textured. Krylon is a flat/satin, black/grey metallic color and textured. neither are flat/matte black.

I had the chrome lettering on my 2019 Laramie sport, when my son got rear ended in his 2019 challenger Hellcat Red Eye, we bought the car back from the insurance company dirt cheap and decided to do the the engine transplant to RAM, which turns out to be transplanting 30% of the car to the truck to be compatible with high HP engine requirements.

I Removed all the Ram emblems off the entire truck and had custom TRX emblems done. I used a hair dryer to warm/loosen adhesive and isopropyl alcohol 90% spray to remove any left behind. It takes the adhesive off and any wax, sealant or coating paint protection also, FYI.

Just got them, there going on this weekend. Just get a Car Panel Removal Tools Kit, makes things really easy for all emblem/panel removal.

adhesive View attachment 27482 View attachment 27483 View attachment 27484 View attachment 27485 View attachment 27486
Is the chrome emblems easy to take off that sport hood? If so how did ya do it is it glued or what?

Jayturk

Reaction score
So, I want to black out my sport hood, I'm searching the forum and can't seem to find a part number for the emblems on the hood. It seems like I have to replace the entire bezel for the black out option. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. If that is indeed the case, I would like to at least take the bezel off and paint/plastidip but that seems to be a no go because of the clips breaking in the process of the removal. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Emblems on the sport hood are not sold separately. You can however get some overlays or for them. Reflectiveconcepts.com,, or order the black bezel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread