5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lack of keyless entry sensors on rear doors still annoying AF 6 months into ownership.

MBDC

Reaction score
My wife's Audi has keyless entry on the rear doors. It's definitely convenient since we have two crumbsnatchers. I wish we had it on the truck as well.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are willing to do some wiring and buy new door handles I am pretty sure you can add it to the rear doors. @Jimmy07 would this be possible if you just piggybacked off the front doors?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you are willing to do some wiring and buy new door handles I am pretty sure you can add it to the rear doors. @Jimmy07 would this be possible if you just piggybacked off the front doors?
Yup, you would do exactly that, and that’s what I did on my 2017. I can’t find the terminals for the rear door connector on the DTs, so you’d have to run the wires through the door connector/boot, instead of terminating the wires on both sides of the main door connector.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine only unlocks the front DS door when I do this. I'm guessing it's a menu option to unlock all doors when you touch the front handle?
Sorry, I forgot there was a setting for that. (y)
It is in the menu. I had to change it because of the nasty looks from the other side of the truck.
I lived through that exact experience. :ROFLMAO:

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
My wife's Audi has keyless entry on the rear doors. It's definitely convenient since we have two crumbsnatchers. I wish we had it on the truck as well.
Crumbsnatchers.....lol

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You know what, you guys can talk rear keyless entry all ya want, but what really pisses me off is our 2020 HD Big Horn doesn’t even have FRONT door keyless entry. It’s a Level 2 as well; to my knowledge, no Big Horn has it.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Doesn't it lock automatically when you close it.

The tailgate does lock after closing it if you already have the rest of the doors locked. However if the truck is unlocked, you cannot lock the tailgate (or the rest of the truck) from the tailgate.

What he is talking about is being able to unlock & lock from the tailgate with a separate lock button. Our Toyota C-HR for example, on the rear hatch door, you have a lock and unlock which also effects the passenger doors.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you grew up in a time when most people only had a radio (no TV), hardware stores were all independently owned, there was a person that actually delivered milk to your house, and had an 'ice box' instead of a refrigerator, you can get use to anything.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052404 miles.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree they cheaped out on this one.
I don't think I'm unique in that I put stuff in the back seat BEFORE I open the driver door. We ALL do this.
I don't call $65000 for a truck. If they put all the cr@p in truck that anyone might want I doubt if anyone but the uber rich could afford one. Then we would all be bitchin about how expensive it is fir a r=truck.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you grew up in a time when most people only had a radio (no TV), hardware stores were all independently owned, there was a person that actually delivered milk to your house, and had an 'ice box' instead of a refrigerator, you can get use to anything.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052404 miles.
You know it.
Sh!t is what it is. Deal with it. If I can't change it, it isn't worth my time.

Users who are viewing this thread