5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kooks longtube headers into borla catback?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you feel that you're getting codes from the headers/cats..it's probably the rear O2 sensors that are throwing it..quick & easy check/fix is to get a couple of O2 spacers. You just thread out the rear O2 sensors, thread in the spacers (0.5"-0.75" length), then thread the O2 sensors back in. This moves the sensors out of the crossover pipes to lower the crossflow/surface area thereby lower its sensitivity and readings..often works. A custom tune/tuner will often just turn them off..but then you'll have problems with emissions testing if you have to do that. Try the O2 spacers.
O2 spacers worked for my on GM vehicles. The last one I did I daisy chained spark plug non foulers (one drilled out) and it worked like a charm.

Just never tried it on and rams.

MaxRam2019

Reaction score
Quick update:

I bought some O2 sensor extenders online and they have been working so far. I got the leaks all sealed up at these terrible kooks clamps finally. The torca ball clamps are lackluster at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/