5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyless entry keypad

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have had a few of those on previous cars and lost them, but only discovered they were lost when I needed the keys to get into my car. I know the best place to put them is on the inside of the frame, but driving over rough country they bounce off and poof, gone. Not a good option in my opinion.

Thanks for looking into this for us Neurobit.
You bet. Was thinking just use it when you go running, but keep it inside the truck when not so as to not lose it.

Take care,

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m shocked there isn’t a battery powered (wireless) universal keypad option that works like my garage door opener. I thought “well hell my garage has a wireless keypad, I’m sure they make one for cars.” Not the case...or at least not one that is worth a damn anyway.

I’m wondering if the OEM ford keypad can be hacked in order to work for RAMs (or all cars for that matter). Because ford is using the wireless battery powered type keypad that I’m looking for.

I need a electronic genius to chime in and maybe shed some light on this. Ford keypads are a dime a dozen online from what I found...and they are obviously good quality.

If you have the Uconnect you can unlock with your phone but then you need to carry your phone so it still kinda defeats the PT no items in your pocket plan....

Krootz

Reaction score
If you have the Uconnect you can unlock with your phone but then you need to carry your phone so it still kinda defeats the PT no items in your pocket plan....
Yeah, I looked into it and came to the same conclusion

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Uconnect on iOS also has a Apple Watch component, and you can unlock and start the car from your watch. Which most people take running if they have one

9fe63c23cc7e67583c9bc86d14e43461.jpg

Jpack84

Reaction score
I have a 19 1500 bighorn and I downloaded the Uconnect it doesn’t show any features. I have the 8.4 Uconnect without navigation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Krootz

Reaction score
Uconnect on iOS also has a Apple Watch component, and you can unlock and start the car from your watch. Which most people take running if they have one

9fe63c23cc7e67583c9bc86d14e43461.jpg
Damn, now I gotta buy an iWatch

Skater

Reaction score

Krootz

Reaction score
Still interested in keypad solution...I ain't buyin no apple watch.
Same here. None of the solutions I’ve found are good enough for me to get into so far. I don’t have the uconnect setup and don’t want an iWatch so...

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I have an Apple Watch. I did not know this worked. I knew you guys would come through. Thanks.(y)

And pay the $250 annual fee(yes that much) it costs just to lock and unlock your Ram. Not worth it in my opinion. Hopefully uconnect will join the bandwagon with others and make it a free app soon.

airclnr

Reaction score
I like the fact that I just spent $70,000 on a new Ram Limited and they won't provide the Uconnect access for a year at no charge. Ford gives free access to their customers. Did I not pay enough for the truck? Geesh!

Skater

Reaction score
And pay the $250 annual fee(yes that much) it costs just to lock and unlock your Ram. Not worth it in my opinion. Hopefully uconnect will join the bandwagon with others and make it a free app soon.
So I’m back to searching for a solution. I’m not paying $250 a year for it.

Skater

Reaction score
I like the fact that I just spent $70,000 on a new Ram Limited and they won't provide the Uconnect access for a year at no charge. Ford gives free access to their customers. Did I not pay enough for the truck? Geesh!
Apparently, according to Dodge and SirusXM, no. We did not pay enough for our Rams to warrant this convenient access free of charge.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score

You should’ve had a year subscription to the Sirius/XM all access and guardian service(app usage, theft tracking, roadside assistance) free from date of purchase. 5 years for the travel link services. After that year it’ll cost $250+ annually to use the app.

I agree with everyone else that it should be free like Ford and others provide their customers. I have auto insurance for theft and damages. By the time they track our trucks, they’ll be stripped, wrecked or burned.:ROFLMAO::LOL::eek:

UncleIroh

Reaction score
I was curious about this as well and did some digging to find this

Thoughts?
The reviews on it don't make it sound all that promising. I had a keypad on a Ford Escape and I swear it was the best thing about the vehicle. I looked into Accele a bit a few weeks back but just couldn't muster enough confidence in the product to pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread