5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KEY QUESTION / ISSUE

too.many.tacos

Reaction score
Ok guys. This just started happening today and putting some feelers out to see if any of you guys have experienced the same.

I get in the truck and shut the door. I notice the usual screen that says “Press Brake and Push Start Button”. The “OFF” light is lit up around the start/stop button. This is normal yes. After a few seconds this usually goes off and stays off. But today it comes on, and repeats along with a crackle in the speakers. It only stops when the actual truck is running. Every 7-10 seconds or so it keeps happening.

I removed the key from the vicinity and it doesn’t help. Keeps happening.

Your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

too.many.tacos

Reaction score
Also, just recently (2 weeks ago) had the recall done for the ORC. (photo attached). Shows repaired, not replaced.

bb27c7d0b3bc26898610186b3c27e712.plist

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry I can’t help you with that , I haven’t experienced that in mine

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok guys. This just started happening today and putting some feelers out to see if any of you guys have experienced the same.

I get in the truck and shut the door. I notice the usual screen that says “Press Brake and Push Start Button”. The “OFF” light is lit up around the start/stop button. This is normal yes. After a few seconds this usually goes off and stays off. But today it comes on, and repeats along with a crackle in the speakers. It only stops when the actual truck is running. Every 7-10 seconds or so it keeps happening.

Your thoughts?

I just had a chance to respond to your PM, @too.many.tacos! Please follow up with me there when you can.

Mark
RamCares

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Your thoughts?

Something is triggering a short through the speakers or the controller.

Open your hood, open the fuse box in front of the battery and press every single thing in there down hard and firmly, note any that are loose. See if that fixes your problem.

too.many.tacos

Reaction score

Open your hood, open the fuse box in front of the battery and press every single thing in there down hard and firmly, note any that are loose. See if that fixes your problem.

Good idea. I will do that and report back.

too.many.tacos

Reaction score

I had one that was questionably loose but the main issue still remains.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When my battery was low it would make a loud pop/crackle before trying to start. Have you checked your battery with a voltometer? >12.5v?

too.many.tacos

Reaction score
Yeah. Just went thru that debacle. New battery Reads good too.

too.many.tacos

Reaction score
Question for the group, dealer is saying that all my USB ports are staying on. That’s not normal but they see nothing wrong with that and not sure how to fix it.

Normally, don’t all the USB ports shut off at the time limit or when the doors open?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question for the group, dealer is saying that all my USB ports are staying on. That’s not normal but they see nothing wrong with that and not sure how to fix it.

Normally, don’t all the USB ports shut off at the time limit or when the doors open?

I cant find the thread but I have read on here that alot of people wire brushed and applied electrical grease to the five ground studs under the hood to resolve many electrical gremlins in these trucks. I believe there are three ground studs on the driver's side and two on the passenger side. Worth a shot and won't take much time.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know it was for a different issue but here is the post I saw.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Mine power off. Im startin to suspect your uconnect HU has a gremlin and needs replacing.

Users who are viewing this thread