5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key fob programming

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll try to pull the PIN once @Jimmy07 tells me how ;)
Mike said they’re still working on it, but you can try it:
Adaptation > radio frequency hub settings > RFH PIN reading BETA > target = whatever year range is closest to your truck.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mike said they’re still working on it, but you can try it:
Adaptation > radio frequency hub settings > RFH PIN reading BETA > target = whatever year range is closest to your truck.
Will give it a shot. Thanks!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok I gave it a go. Didn’t work. Here’s some screenshots

IMG_5689.jpeg

IMG_5687.jpeg

IMG_5692.jpeg

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Also, when it says wait until the instrument cluster turns off, I can never get the “push button to start” to go away from the dash. Would this be ok @Jimmy07

IMG_5690.jpeg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also, when it says wait until the instrument cluster turns off, I can never get the “push button to start” to go away from the dash. Would this be ok @Jimmy07

View attachment 178936
I just ignore all their instructions when I pull it on the HD Rams. I leave the ignition off the entire time (as in, I never even put it in run in the first place when connecting to JScan), and the only thing I do is turn on the hazards when it prompts me to.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just ignore all their instructions when I pull it on the HD Rams. I leave the ignition off the entire time (as in, I never even put it in run in the first place when connecting to JScan), and the only thing I do is turn on the hazards when it prompts me to.
I can try that. If it doesn’t work I may contact their support again. Thanks!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Any luck with this? I posted on this thread last July with the same issues. Was hoping to come back and find some success haha!
I was never able to get it to work, but forgot to send Jscan a message. I'll do that now!!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I told them my process and that the cluster doesn't ever turn off. So, he said he will have to get with the developers since I dont have an actual key

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did notice, the pin read function works on the 1500 5th gens now..one step closer

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did you get the latest jscan update? I'm on iOS version. I basically did key off when prompted, opened and closed door for cluster to go dark, then put 4 way flashers on..took a few minutes and 5 digit pin popped up. I'll confirm, this is the same 5 digit fixed pin that the Autel KM100 had previously read out on my truck. It is *not* the rolling pin that the witech 2.0 uses in either aftermarket or dealer channel.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
did you get the latest jscan update? I'm on iOS version. I basically did key off when prompted, opened and closed door for cluster to go dark, then put 4 way flashers on..took a few minutes and 5 digit pin popped up. I'll confirm, this is the same 5 digit fixed pin that the Autel KM100 had previously read out on my truck. It is *not* the rolling pin that the witech 2.0 uses in either aftermarket or dealer channel.
Thanks I’ll try again, except my cluster never goes dark. Do you have push button start?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Got it!

When you get to the part that says wait for the cluster to turn off, I just waited for the mileage to turn off at the bottom.

IMG_5836.jpeg

After pressing ok and following the rest of the instructions it pulled it fine.

IMG_5835.png

Now to learn how to program a new fob!

Users who are viewing this thread