5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key fob interference????

cthrewu

Reaction score
I had this happen to me over the weekend. Pulled into a parking lot and hopped out of the truck and went to lock the doors with the door handle button and it would not work. Pulled the fob out of my pocket and hit the button to lock the doors and it would not work. A few frustrating minutes later I got it to lock via the remote button but then it would not unlock with grabbing the handle. Played games with it for 5 minutes before cycling the truck on and off. Worked ok after that and hasn’t yet acted up again.

DaleU

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 2019 RAM Sport. Purchased June of 2019. About 4 weeks ago I started having issues with my key fobs while my truck was parked in my driveway. Seems to work fine while parked at stores, work, etc. Doesn't work well in my driveway. I have had it at the dealership 3 times now. They replaced the antenna and coax. Didn't seem to make a difference. Still having the same issues. I live in Canada. Weather has been just below freezing, however temp doesn't seem to be the issue. Dealership could not duplicate the issue so I videoed it on my cell. As of today, no solution to this random problem.

Last edited:

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi. I have a 2019 RAM Sport. Purchased June of 2019. About 4 weeks ago I started having issues with my key fobs while my truck was parked in my driveway. Seems to work fine while parked at stores, work, etc. Doesn't work well in my driveway. I have had it at the dealership 3 times now. They replaced the antenna and coax. Didn't seem to make a difference. Still having the same issues. I live in Canada. Weather has been just below freezing, however temp doesn't seem to be the issue. Dealership could not duplicate the issue so I videoed it on my cell. As of today, no solution to this random problem.

Hi @DaleU - I regret to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your truck. If you continue to work with your dealer to address this, we suggest contacting Canadian Customer Care to have this documented. You may find their contact information by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to the "Canada" tab: https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/footer/Pages/contacts.aspx.

Mark
RamCares

Usher795

Reaction score
So I am having an issue with this i have a 2019 ram rebel when I went to my truck after work it would not unlock by the the handle or the key fob so I used the key to unlock it and get in which set off the alarm.once in the trk it would not start or anything had to have it towed to the dealership it has been there almost a week and they can't seem to find out what is wrong with it they keep telling me they are running different test but don't know what's wrong also the uconnect app won't work in it either thinking it's something electrical in the truck itself
I know it’s a long shot but what you are describing is exactly like the issue I am having now with my truck. 2020 Laramie sport. Did you get your issue resolved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/