5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June Uconnect Update

jives

Reaction score
Go to Apps > Software Updates. From there, you can choose your WiFi network.
Yep - that's where you do it, of course it gives you zero indication of if/when/etc it's connected or not so it's not a super useful function.

Mine is connected to my wifi (in theory) but I still get that "-4" error every so often and it's just not updated. I don't have good cellular coverage where I live (especially At&t) but my wifi is quite good, and absolutely works where the truck is normally parked. Still won't update.

I'm somewhat hesitant to get the USB update as this should just work right... learning UConnect doesn't really do that (work right)

switters

Reaction score
Yep - that's where you do it, of course it gives you zero indication of if/when/etc it's connected or not so it's not a super useful function.

Mine is connected to my wifi (in theory) but I still get that "-4" error every so often and it's just not updated. I don't have good cellular coverage where I live (especially At&t) but my wifi is quite good, and absolutely works where the truck is normally parked. Still won't update.

I'm somewhat hesitant to get the USB update as this should just work right... learning UConnect doesn't really do that (work right)
The USB update worked for me. I never got the OTA one.
That said, the USB update didn't really "work", in the sense that it solved my problems. It just "worked" in the sense that I was able to install it and update the software.

I haven't had the blank screen issue since installing the update, though, and that was by far the worse of it. So I guess it has done something.

jives

Reaction score
Where did you get the file for the USB update? The uconnect site tells me I don't need an update when I put in my VIN. Despite the fact that my truck keeps popping that error message every few days so it's clearly TRYING to update.

It's pretty impressive how horrible uconnect is.

rcoodey

Reaction score
Purchased a new 1500 about 2 months ago and it was on MY22.S21C.6 connected to WiFi, Cellular trial, etc. and never got any updates. Even when leaving idle for 10 minutes with good WiFi in garage. Big thanks to @Jimmy07 for the MY22.S24.13 update. Update installed fine from USB but wanted to report my experience:
  1. Before the upgrade, traffic would not show. Did a factory reset once and traffic showed once and then never again.
  2. After the update the UI looked normal, saw traffic on the map, radio worked and was happy
  3. But read a lot about factory resting after an upgrade so did that
  4. When it came back up the UI had a different theme, white buttons with orange highlights, no default second home page, no traffic, radio not working
  5. Waited like 10 min and then did another factory reset
  6. This time when it came back up the UI yet again had a different theme, now the selected button has a blue background and vehicle button icon different. But the second default page was back, but still no traffic or radio.
  7. Turned the truck off after this and will drive around and test more this evening.
But a very inconsistent and quirky experience. The other issue I had is at night it will not "auto" switch to the night/dark mode. Not sure if that might be fixed with this update, hoping so. I also hear stories of waiting and things change upon future car starts, so wondering if things will go back when I try again later today. Hope Ram and UConnect can get their act together on this quirky system.

*Update: When turning on again things were back to normal. Traffic and radio are working (knock on wood). Thanks again for the update file.

Last edited:

Scott_R

Reaction score
I did the update via USB. I had 4 days of everything working well, and I thought I might be out of the woods. Apparently not. I started having issues again today with my phone randomly disconnecting from Bluetooth. Then I couldn't get it to reconnect at all—even with USB. It was super frustrating as I was on a long drive and wanted to listen to music/podcasts.

Seems pretty clear that RAM has no idea how to fix this, given that each update seems to improve some things and make others worse. I'm going to take it back to the dealer again. In Utah, if you take a vehicle to the dealer for the same issue 4 times and they can't fix it, they have to buy it back from you. I will pursue this if they can't address this issue. I'm not willing to have a $70k truck that doesn't have a functional radio.
Add me to the Android random disconnection issue. Got my SiriusXM XTra channels back, however the screen keeps dropping out with each drop of signal...

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wired (not using Bluetooth) CarPlay keep dropping more than it did before & still not auto Aero Mode over a week. The vehicle updates are about as ridiculous as the phone updates.

Flybri1972

Reaction score
You 100% will not get extra pages then.
The extra pages people talk about only come on a TRX, GT package, and some Rebels.
We enabled them via an odb2 programmer to show up on the radios.

In general it's good to factory reset these radios after every update, and in my case about every 3-4 weeks of regular usage
I have 2022 Rebel Night edition and it came from factory with the offroad pages installed ( End of May )

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Rebels get offroad pages.

If you looked at my post I quoted\responded to someone with a 2022 Ram 1500 BigHorn.
Those don't get offroad pages.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Rebels get offroad pages.

If you looked at my post I quoted\responded to someone with a 2022 Ram 1500 BigHorn.
Those don't get offroad pages.
Unless you have the BackCountry package. I have Offroad Pages on my Bighorn.😉

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, thought I was in the clear. Been working great since the two updates, but tonight I hopped in and screen just stayed black. 😔 Soft reset did nothing. Just like the last time though a couple off/on cycles and it came back.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Well, thought I was in the clear. Been working great since the two updates, but tonight I hopped in and screen just stayed black. 😔 Soft reset did nothing. Just like the last time though a couple off/on cycles and it came back.
I feel your pain, my carplay is all but useless again, crashing 3-4 times a day, missing oil pressure from offroad pages but coolant temp has been working, clock frequently is missing, at least once a day there is no sound at all from any input and a soft reset is needed for it to return, sometimes twice in a row, screen changes pages on its own at random, screen has also now started to flicker between day time bright and nighttime dim randomly without the headlights. Going to to have to do a hard reset and lose everything….again. This is beyond frustrating! I thing we should start a new thread. How to ‘Upgrade UC5 to UC4 in 2022 Ram’

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s a new aftermarket replacement for those that want to test the waters. Please reply with feedback to the forums after experience:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here’s a new aftermarket replacement for those that want to test the waters. Please reply with feedback to the forums after experience:

Is there a CarPlay one?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Holy crap.
They even have the option of putting a DVR in to record your surround view AND cameras!

I would shell out the $1000 for this in a heatbeat if I knew it all worked properly, I would be too worried as so many things to connect to the radios in cars now a days.

It even has working performance pages LOL, which makes sense since they are just android apps our radios are removing after it's already installed.
  • TRX pages and race options are supported.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Holy crap.
They even have the option of putting a DVR in to record your surround view AND cameras!

I would shell out the $1000 for this in a heatbeat if I knew it all worked properly, I would be too worried as so many things to connect to the radios in cars now a days.

It even has working performance pages LOL, which makes sense since they are just android apps our radios are removing after it's already installed.
  • TRX pages and race options are supported.

They seem to have covered all the bases. The ultimate question is… Does it keep disconnecting or crashing like the ones we already have? 🧐 haha

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They seem to have covered all the bases. The ultimate question is… Does it keep disconnecting or crashing like the ones we already have? 🧐 haha
If you go on their websiteit lists some of the stuff it can do, and additional modules, there's 1 for Carplay and Android Auto, also a DVR, hell you can even connect an HDTV tuner...
It also says you can download apps from Google play and unknown sources, I wonder if it just uses Google Maps for navigation which would mean you would probably want to install a sim card and pay for data services, which sucks. You could just connect to wifi at home and download the "offline maps" which would be just as good as the oem nav, if not better.

If this really could do all the things OEM does and has the regular settings this would be a massive upgrade from the UC software completely imo.

Users who are viewing this thread