5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June Uconnect Update

switters

Reaction score
The was the current as of a week ago.

There is 1 more after that just came out.

People need to understand these are firmware software updates, not upgrades.

This means by design you are not getting NEW features, it only fixes the current ones.
If you get a new feature it's a bonus but you can't expect this to add anything.

If your radio works fine then don't stress about it
Should I be concerned that I haven't gotten the OTA update yet? Is there some kind of timeline for those in terms of how they roll out?

I'm still on 22.S21. That seems a few generations back? I haven't received any OTA updates, but then again, I've only had the vehicle for 2 weeks. Not sure if the previous owner did.

I'm going to install the update you posted with a USB stick later this afternoon.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Should I be concerned that I haven't gotten the OTA update yet? Is there some kind of timeline for those in terms of how they roll out?

I'm still on 22.S21. That seems a few generations back? I haven't received any OTA updates, but then again, I've only had the vehicle for 2 weeks. Not sure if the previous owner did.

I'm going to install the update you posted with a USB stick later this afternoon.
I got my truck a few months ago and I had the same version and it never updated.
I applied update S23.13 via a flash drive, and I was able to get the recent update (even though it was annoying to get it to trigger itself).

Rebel2022

Reaction score
This whole UC5 is a giant gong show and Ram should be ashamed. The Uconnect people and dealers are absolutely clueless and the website is useless and outdated. Tech sells vehicles, we all know that. But it will also drive customers away just as quickly. Unacceptable to be going on for so long in these near 6 figure trucks

switters

Reaction score
I installed the update file that @Jimmy07 provided (thanks again!) yesterday. I've only driven the truck 3 times since then, but the screen has worked very well—no blackouts, no reboots, and it has been quite responsive, even with wireless CarPlay (which was unusable before).

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I had stretches of half a day before when the screen worked, before malfunctioning again.

I'm also hoping that now that I am up to date, I will get future updates OTA. This one never showed up for me despite leaving my truck outside of the garage for most of the time.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with Rebel2022 - on both the Uconnect 4 & 5 platforms, actually. I had the 4 in my 21 Laramie obviously & the 5 in the 22 Limited & they should function better & more consistently than they actually do. I connect my CarPlay to the usb bc wireless has always given me more issues than wired on both platforms, even though wired randomly drops connections as well. Black screen a few times that eventually fixed itself but I’m on the road A LOT for work & it’s even more frustrating for me when I have a ton of new routes plugged into maps that sometimes go blank or I can’t listen to what I want on my long trips - over 11k in 2 months since I picked up the 22. Dealer says all I can do is call their service dept. but I’m usually back out on the road for work the following Monday they open up & have other Ram dealers tell me their too booked up to see me when I’m in another town, so can’t win really. Fortunately, it fixes itself sooner than not, but incredibly annoying on these expensive vehicles as Rebel2022 said. I put a $1200 Kenwood 7” touch screen unit that is wireless CarPlay/Android capable into my old Jeep & it has been flawless so far - plus it plays CD’s & DVD’s while driving (if we actually took it on long trips & my family wanted to watch something while I drive or taking breaks while trail riding). Stellantis should’ve struck a deal with Kenwood by the looks of it so far. 🙄

BB22

Reaction score
Once again an OTA update has caused issues where none existed before. My 2022 Rebel was working perfectly with no issues at all until this latest update. Now the traffic flow and gas prices don't show up anymore on the navigation screen. Connected Services suggested that I do a factory reset which I will not do because 9 times out of 10, you wind up with more issues than you had to start with.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the update last night. Got my coolant temp in the offroad pages back and lost the oil pressure from offroad pages. 😔

n8zcc

Reaction score
Seems the update changed a few behaviors on my 2022 Uconnect 12" system. This is what I've noticed so far;

After I complete a phone call the radio audio doesn't return, I have to press the mute button to mute and then again to unmute before the music is heard.

If I'm navigating using Android Auto and Waze, after an ignition cycle the navigation is canceled and I have to reset the destination.

The screen will go blank showing a message that the phone has disconnected, then Andriod Auto returns to the screen, and then again, I see the phone has disconnected message. It does this three times in about a 5-minute or less timeframe and then never again until the next ignition cycle. This only happens on wireless Android Auto, if the phone is tethered then this doesn't happen.

Gas prices and weather are once again missing in action.

I'm not going to do a hard reset, I'm tired of having to go through all the personalization settings every time I have to hard reset which seems to be the new normal. Does anyone know if the personalization settings can be saved to say a USB stick and then loaded back?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ever since last night, my air suspension has been stuck on entry/exit mode. Aero mode is still selected to be on under the settings but it is not doing it automatically anymore. I have not messed with the toggle switch because I am on a five hour trip to Tulsa today, so maybe when I get back home.

switters

Reaction score
I did the update via USB. I had 4 days of everything working well, and I thought I might be out of the woods. Apparently not. I started having issues again today with my phone randomly disconnecting from Bluetooth. Then I couldn't get it to reconnect at all—even with USB. It was super frustrating as I was on a long drive and wanted to listen to music/podcasts.

Seems pretty clear that RAM has no idea how to fix this, given that each update seems to improve some things and make others worse. I'm going to take it back to the dealer again. In Utah, if you take a vehicle to the dealer for the same issue 4 times and they can't fix it, they have to buy it back from you. I will pursue this if they can't address this issue. I'm not willing to have a $70k truck that doesn't have a functional radio.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the update via USB. I had 4 days of everything working well, and I thought I might be out of the woods. Apparently not. I started having issues again today with my phone randomly disconnecting from Bluetooth. Then I couldn't get it to reconnect at all—even with USB. It was super frustrating as I was on a long drive and wanted to listen to music/podcasts.

Seems pretty clear that RAM has no idea how to fix this, given that each update seems to improve some things and make others worse. I'm going to take it back to the dealer again. In Utah, if you take a vehicle to the dealer for the same issue 4 times and they can't fix it, they have to buy it back from you. I will pursue this if they can't address this issue. I'm not willing to have a $70k truck that doesn't have a functional radio.

I kept having this issue on both trucks so eventually just kept Bluetooth off & used the wired connection. Still kept dropping randomly like you & I take long drives 2-3 weeks each month & am also picky to what I want to listen to. I have just been holding the radio power down button to do the soft reset & it has gotten much better over time - granted I have reset it maybe 50 times in the past 2 months & 11k miles. Not sure if it “learns” to keep a better connection with the updates or what. Still, very stupid & frustrating. The Kenwood touch screen with wireless CarPlay in my old Jeep has been flawless in comparison - also stupid & frustrating considering what we pay for these trucks in any trim.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I kept having this issue on both trucks so eventually just kept Bluetooth off & used the wired connection. Still kept dropping randomly like you & I take long drives 2-3 weeks each month & am also picky to what I want to listen to. I have just been holding the radio power down button to do the soft reset & it has gotten much better over time - granted I have reset it maybe 50 times in the past 2 months & 11k miles. Not sure if it “learns” to keep a better connection with the updates or what. Still, very stupid & frustrating. The Kenwood touch screen with wireless CarPlay in my old Jeep has been flawless in comparison - also stupid & frustrating considering what we pay for these trucks in any trim.
I need to factory reset my 12 inch UC5 about every 2-3 weeks because everything just goes to crap.
Beat that.

Users who are viewing this thread