5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June Uconnect Update

BlackNight

Reaction score
ANDDD THEY'RE GONE!!!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️Went to work, got back in the truck to go to another job and they are no longer visible. Yes I had them unlocked via alphaobd and read the other posts about enabling and they would not show up. Seems silly to me that they don't come standard for the ORP or any truck for that matter.
Also when they worked, the oil psi digital gauge worked on performance pages but not for off road pages. Seemed odd🤷‍♂️ Hopefully it will be unlocked with the next software update. I wonder if there is a way to stop the updates and revert it back to the original file when they were viewable.

Be safe👍

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
ANDDD THEY'RE GONE!!!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️Went to work, got back in the truck to go to another job and they are no longer visible. Yes I had them unlocked via alphaobd and read the other posts about enabling and they would not show up. Seems silly to me that they don't come standard for the ORP or any truck for that matter.
Also when they worked, the oil psi digital gauge worked on performance pages but not for off road pages. Seemed odd🤷‍♂️ Hopefully it will be unlocked with the next software update. I wonder if there is a way to stop the updates and revert it back to the original file when they were viewable.

Be safe👍
Yeah, they generally only show up for 1 boot cycle then poof

If you factory reset your radio they will come back. It actually removes the android app for it, it's not just a setting.

I saved the app as a shortcut on the main screen and when it removes it it puts the default android icon where it was and the directory name. Note the "com.fca.uconnect.preformance..." icon below
2022-06-11 18.55.08.jpg

An update is unlikely to fix it as it's locked out by design to charge us more money for no reason.

I figured out how to get the over the air updates.
Turn truck on.
Connect to wifi.
2022-06-11 18.54.48.jpg
Let truck sit with engine on for 10 minutes ON THAT SCREEN
Shut truck off.
Accept update is available
When screen turns off turn engine on.
2022-06-11 19.08.49.jpg

Attachments

• 2022-06-11 18.55.25.jpg
    2022-06-11 18.55.25.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 63

Pooltbl18

Reaction score
I just did the update, my dash went crazy flashing the mpg screen and 120 volt outlet on then my screen when black, I waited 10 minutes still black, anyone know the way to reboot the screens or does this require a visit to the dealer

Pooltbl18

Reaction score
I just did the update, my dash went crazy flashing the mpg screen and 120 volt outlet on then my screen when black, I waited 10 minutes still black, anyone know the way to reboot the screens or does this require a visit to the dealer
Never mind went to the gym came back out and everything was ok

Jaywiersma

Reaction score
I did the update but it got to 81%, flashed a few times and the screen went black. It's been 2 hrs and still hasn't turned back on. Anyone else have this issue?

Gdwheel

Reaction score
I got the update yesterday. I have not noticed anything new or different.

jayray38

Reaction score
I wonder if another factory reset is going to be necessary for this update like the last one to get it working?

austin76

Reaction score
i have a 2020 1500 laramie with the 12” screen. ive never received an update. my current software version is 20.04.19 but i dont see anywhere that theres a new update for the uconnect 4. any ideas?

Pooltbl18

Reaction score
i have a 2020 1500 laramie with the 12” screen. ive never received an update. my current software version is 20.04.19 but i dont see anywhere that theres a new update for the uconnect 4. any ideas?
This section of the forum is for the Uconnect 5 that is in the 2022 I don’t think any of us know if there is a Uconnect 4 update sorry

Jaywiersma

Reaction score
I did the update but it got to 81%, flashed a few times and the screen went black. It's been 2 hrs and still hasn't turned back on. Anyone else have this
Looks like I just needed to wait awhile. Started it up this morning and all good.

switters

Reaction score
I have a '22 1500 Rebel with 12" screen. Nothing but problems with the screen since I bought it. Went to the dealer Friday and they did a hard reset. That not only didn't help, it seemed to make things worse. They told me about this OTA update that is "supposed to fix all the screen problems".

Several times, I've turned my car on and let it idle in front of my garage, where there's a strong WiFi connection. No update appears.

I am really hoping this update addresses my screen issues. If it doesn't, and the dealer can't fix it, I'm not sure I will keep the truck. My previous vehicle had similar issues and it drove me crazy.

switters

Reaction score
Update: I just followed the steps suggested by Darksteel165 to get the update to show up. I let the truck idle for 10 minutes with the Software Update screen active and connected to WiFi. Then I turned off the truck. No update.

Can the dealer force an OTA update? Doesn't seem like I'm going to get this.

CaptainCAVU

Reaction score
Mine updated yesterday as well...didn't do anything special, pulled into my driveway and just as I turned it off the update started. I went to RUN and watched. It seemed to hang at 81% also but after a couple minutes of black screen, it continued. Still no traffic or weather, but everything else seems to work as it did before the update.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I did the update but it got to 81%, flashed a few times and the screen went black. It's been 2 hrs and still hasn't turned back on. Anyone else have this issue?
It doesn't turn back on after going dark look at my post
You just need to turn your truck on.
And it actually should of shown 83%

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Update: I just followed the steps suggested by Darksteel165 to get the update to show up. I let the truck idle for 10 minutes with the Software Update screen active and connected to WiFi. Then I turned off the truck. No update.

Can the dealer force an OTA update? Doesn't seem like I'm going to get this.
What version do you have?
Send me a picture. Should be My22S2x.xx

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Received my OTA update yesterday. It amuses me that it asks if I want to do the update, but then force feeds it anyway. Didn't gain nor lose anything, that I can tell

Users who are viewing this thread