5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep --> Ram

runjumpfit

Reaction score
Update. Truck has been built and is in shipping stage. Any suggestions on where I can pick up some used side steps? Also need to find a place to do a spray in bed liner in NJ. Thanks for all the suggestions but I decided to keep without the sunroof this time.

runjumpfit

Reaction score
Truck came in. I am absolutely in love with it. Ended up with a great lease around $500 with ~$2000 at signing. I need to find some used side steps and any suggestions for a drop in bedliner would be appreciated. Feels great to be back with a Hemi after driving a Wrangler for years.

IMG_1476.jpg

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good luck with the steps. Probably just buy new. If you came from the jeep world, you are used to wasting money on mods. Guys here like to talk, but truck mods are baby steps compared to Jeeps.

Do a spray in bed liner. The drop in will just rub through your paint and cause trouble. Unless you mean a rubber mat for the floor of the bed.

Last edited:

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My second favorite Ram color. I'm not sure why you didn't get more feedback the first time you asked about the side steps and bedliner. I agree with MW on the spray-in. We had a drop-in on our old Ford from day one and there was scratched paint and even some rust in the bed (the thing eventually bowed some and junk could get under it from the tailgate end. Had it sprayed late last year and it looks much better. I wouldn't think the cost difference would be huge?

I'm sure you'll have more questions going forward and will get much better feedback. Especially if you ask about 3.92 vs. 3.21.

runjumpfit

Reaction score
So question, does it really matter if I do a spray in for the extra $300 over the $250 for the drop in? I don’t really haul very much, getting a pickup was more of just a change and wanting to try something different, not going to use it for heavy duty work.

Any specific side step recommendations?

Fatherof3

Reaction score
So question, does it really matter if I do a spray in for the extra $300 over the $250 for the drop in? I don’t really haul very much, getting a pickup was more of just a change and wanting to try something different, not going to use it for heavy duty work.

Any specific side step recommendations?
If you aren’t doing any heavy hauling or anything like that I’d probably go with a bed mat instead of a full on liner . As for side steps it’s really dependent on what you like .

Idahoktm

Reaction score
The plastic drop in bed liners suck for the reasons stated above, plus they are very slippery when they get wet. I took a spill loading my dirt bike when it was raining and trashed a $250 radiator on my bike. I pulled the bed liner out the next day.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another possible option for your bed would be a bed rug. Love mines, very versatile and sturdy, plus pretty comfy, too. Easy to clean, completely removable.
Absolutely stay away from drop in hard liners, the comments above are true stories for anyone who has had one. More harm than good, really.
And congratulations on the new truck. 👍

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So what would the best bed mat be within reason? I am open to any suggestions
I like my westin rubber bed mat. I got it from amazon and had 2 day shipping.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Deezee mat is fine and can often be found locally at tractor supply (sometimes labeled as a different brand) or on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I vote spray-in liner.

The bed mat/carpet are fine for groceries and furniture. But the day will come when your wife asks you to haul a load of soil for the garden. You will remove the mat to help out your damsel in distress, but when time comes to shovel that stuff out....your stress levels will spike and you WILL scratch your paint.

If it's one thing I've learned from watching movies with my kids, it is that "luck favors the prepared" - (Edna Mode)

Be prepared bro!

Clv22p

Reaction score
If it’s a lease I’d do something you can remove and sell instead of a permanent liner.

Users who are viewing this thread