5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep --> Ram

runjumpfit

Reaction score
Hi All,

I joined about 2 years ago and was going to order a Ram 1500. When I went to the dealer to place the order I got side tracked by a manual Jeep Wrangler and I ended up placing an order for a 6 spd JLU Sahara. I ended up selling the Wrangler and decided to switch to a ram. I am trying to keep the lease payment somewhat reasonable so I did my best to keep the options to a realistic level. The one option I did not order that I am sure I am going to miss is a sunroof, but it isn't worth another $2000 to the MSRP. Here is my order below.

2022 1500 Laramie Crew Cab, 4x4
- 5.7, non e-torque
- Delmonico red
- Black bucket seats (I really wanted beige but they aren't doing beige right now)
- Laramie Level 1 Equipment
- Air suspension 4-corners
- Front and rear floor mats
- Rear wheel house liners

MSRP: $62,565

Any thoughts? I placed the order last week and I have a Vin and according to the Ram chat my truck has been sequenced for production. I don’t particularly need the truck any time soon so I am in no rush. Looking forward to my first pickup truck!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

I joined about 2 years ago and was going to order a Ram 1500. When I went to the dealer to place the order I got side tracked by a manual Jeep Wrangler and I ended up placing an order for a 6 spd JLU Sahara. I ended up selling the Wrangler and decided to switch to a ram. I am trying to keep the lease payment somewhat reasonable so I did my best to keep the options to a realistic level. The one option I did not order that I am sure I am going to miss is a sunroof, but it isn't worth another $2000 to the MSRP. Here is my order below.

- 5.7, non e-torque
- Delmonico red
- Black bucket seats (I really wanted beige but they aren't doing beige right now)

Any thoughts? I placed the order last week and I have a Vin and according to the Ram chat my truck has been sequenced for production. I don’t particularly need the truck any time soon so I am in no rush. Looking forward to my first pickup truck!
If you hadn't placed the order yet, I'd say to add the Southwest Edition and order from Mark Dodge.

I'd hit up your dealer to get an updated POC that should give you the estimated date it will be built (Estimated Ship Date).

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure what thoughts you're wanting, but as long as you're getting what you want it's a great build. I'd be adding a couple more things to that if I was ordering it, but this is your build. Now the wait begins. I hope it's not a long one.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
I wasn't going to get the sunroof on mine, but I remembered in my old truck all the times I was hauling long objects that hung over the roof, and I couldn't see if they were behaving, or flopping around.

sessman

Reaction score
Hi All,

- 5.7, non e-torque
- Delmonico red

If you already know you're going to miss the sunroof, don't pass on it. I didn't get it on my 2019 Laramie and missed it every day. I got it on my 2021 Laramie and absolutely love it. There are sunroof people and non-sunroof people, sounds like you're a sunroof person so don't skip it!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t pass on anything you know you want (within reason). You’re already spending $62k- what’s another $2k? The panoramic roof is glorious, btw.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hi All,

- 5.7, non e-torque
- Delmonico red

put your vin in the tracker so you can get updates when a build sheet and window sticker are issued. and join the wait with the rest of the posters.

runjumpfit

Reaction score
If you hadn't placed the order yet, I'd say to add the Southwest Edition and order from Mark Dodge.

I'd hit up your dealer to get an updated POC that should give you the estimated date it will be built (Estimated Ship Date).
I already placed the order and i'm 1,000+ miles away from him, after shipping, or driving, it wouldn't make sense. I also am eligible for employee pricing, long story, and additional dealer discount.

Don’t pass on anything you know you want (within reason). You’re already spending $62k- what’s another $2k? The panoramic roof is glorious, btw.
I agree, but it is more of a want than a need. This is also a lease which will be replaced in 3 years and at that point I will be at a different point in my career where I will be more willing to spend. I am generally quite conservative. The $30 difference a month isnt a big deal but is just not peresonally worth it to me right now.

Not sure what thoughts you're wanting, but as long as you're getting what you want it's a great build. I'd be adding a couple more things to that if I was ordering it, but this is your build. Now the wait begins. I hope it's not a long one.
I feel the same way, I am ordering for me, not for someone else. I am already in D1 and it's been a week, I know it can stay there for a while though.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a sunroof in my car. I have opened it twice in three years. Me.

Low dollar item to not miss is rear wheel well liners. Yes, the truck does not come with them allowing all the road trash to get up inside the body. We'll worth the hassle.

I opted for the bed upgrade. Spray in liner, tie down rails, rear step and lights. Worth it to me but a little more.

Final must have is 3.92 gearing. If you came from a jeep you know proper gearing is important. You can't change these later like a jeep. The front requires a whole new carrier unit as it is welded. Limited slip is advisable.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I already placed the order and i'm 1,000+ miles away from him, after shipping, or driving, it wouldn't make sense. I also am eligible for employee pricing, long story, and additional dealer discount.

Sounds like you probably couldn't order Southwest Edition from your dealer then.

Not that it matters since you already placed the order.

Guess my only thoughts are that I hope you're happy with what you already ordered lol.

sessman

Reaction score
Totally agree, it completely opens up the feel of the interior and is an immediate wow factor when people get in. Could not imagine purchasing a RAM without it.

sessman

Reaction score
I have a sunroof in my car. I have opened it twice in three years. Me.

Low dollar item to not miss is rear wheel well liners. Yes, the truck does not come with them allowing all the road trash to get up inside the body. We'll worth the hassle.

I opted for the bed upgrade. Spray in liner, tie down rails, rear step and lights. Worth it to me but a little more.

Final must have is 3.92 gearing. If you came from a jeep you know proper gearing is important. You can't change these later like a jeep. The front requires a whole new carrier unit as it is welded. Limited slip is advisable.
Not trying to argue, but you can't really compare a standard sunroof to a pano sunroof IMO. That being said I totally understand some people just aren't big into sunroofs which is cool too!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Totally agree, it completely opens up the feel of the interior and is an immediate wow factor when people get in. Could not imagine purchasing a RAM without it.
Same for me, and it's one of a handful of reasons I'm not in a SRW 3500 right now.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My ‘21 ram didnt have it, and I regretted it before I got home from the dealer. At that point I decided I’m not going to settle if it’s still within my means.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Damn I love that Patriot Blue color...
Yeah, probably my favorite color of any vehicle I've owned. Jetstream Blue is another.

Granite Night Edition was my original choice, until I saw a Patriot Blue on the lot.

MO Rebel

Reaction score

I went back and forth on this one. At first I thought I wanted them. But then giving it some thought, and living in a winter salted road area, I changed my mind. My thought was that crap is going to get everywhere anyway, so I’d rather be able to wash it out easier without them in the way.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Not trying to argue, but you can't really compare a standard sunroof to a pano sunroof IMO. That being said I totally understand some people just aren't big into sunroofs which is cool too!

The pano sunroof is awesome. We have it in both our Grand Cherokees. However, I’ve never had a sunroof that didn’t cause problems after about 10-15 years. I plan on keeping this truck for awhile, so I decided against it just for that reason. I do seem to have it opened more than it is closed though.

sessman

Reaction score
The pano sunroof is awesome. We have it in both our Grand Cherokees. However, I’ve never had a sunroof that didn’t cause problems after about 10-15 years. I plan on keeping this truck for awhile, so I decided against it just for that reason. I do seem to have it opened more than it is closed though.
I also plan to keep my truck for a long time, may even pass on to my son in ~15 years, so I hope you're wrong!

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Agree 100%. The sunroof thing is just my opinion AND I have not had the pano roof to compare, so you are correct about that.

Users who are viewing this thread