5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its been a pleasure

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s awesome man. Sounds like you made a good choice. My only concern, and it was the same with the Gladiator Mojave, is that the shocks need to be serviced around 50k miles? Not sure how true that is as I didn’t dive that deep into it. But it’s something to consider with the ZR2 in the future for me.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Thanks, I love the colors too!

I was lucky and found this truck used. It's a loaded 2022 which listed for $75,xxx when it was sold new in September 2022. I got it for $55k. It only has 17,100 miles on it so it's basically just getting broke in. I know this sounds stupid, but I love the dash. It puts me in mind of a 70s or 80s truck dash just the way it looks. I've not had a chance to take it off road yet but the way rides on a paved road is very good, not quite Ram good, but exceptional for a truck with leaf springs. A lot of that can be contributed to the DSSV shocks I guess. I LOVE the 6.2L motor! And as crazy as this sounds, I'm getting better gas mileage in the ZR2 than what I was getting in my Rebel! I absolutely didn't buy it for fuel economy, but I'm pleasantly surprised. I also love all of the fu-fu stuff, like the sunroof, adaptive cruise, tailgate, the stereo isn't bad, and the heated and cooled front and rear seats. I can go on but I'm sure I've bored everyone to death as it is. LOL

One last thing that makes my back leg kick.....when the truck is shut off and you're listening to the radio, the screens dim so your not being blinded. The first time i did that in my Rebel, there was so much light coming from the dash I about walked toward it 🤣

No earth shattering revelation on the switch other than you seem to have found a great deal especially with the current crazy prices.
Actually seems like a deal where I would wonder "Hmmm, is there anything wrong with the truck." :unsure:
Enjoy the new/used truck.
Cheers!!

Geddyflea

Reaction score
No earth shattering revelation on the switch other than you seem to have found a great deal especially with the current crazy prices.
Actually seems like a deal where I would wonder "Hmmm, is there anything wrong with the truck." :unsure:
Enjoy the new/used truck.
Cheers!!
Thanks, and I hope you enjoy yours as well!

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go but Good Luck.
There's a few jokes here being parked in a handicapped spot but I'll be nice.. 🤪

U

User_3336

Nice looking truck!! Love the Blue.

I'll have to admit, my brother recently went from a Ram 1500 to a Chevy Silverado, and I'm telling ya, the 24 Silverado LT was pretty nice!! They had 4 of the same exact model (white). They were offering discounts that no other dealer in the mid-state were offering. Tempting!

silverado.jpg

Neil McCauley

Reaction score
It looks great. I don't have any brand loyalty, I just buy the features/specs/quality that I see as the best. Let us know how it stacks up.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Nice looking truck!! Love the Blue.

I'll have to admit, my brother recently went from a Ram 1500 to a Chevy Silverado, and I'm telling ya, the 24 Silverado LT was pretty nice!! They had 4 of the same exact model (white). They were offering discounts that no other dealer in the mid-state were offering. Tempting!
Thanks, I really appreciate it! So far, I'm really enjoying it. It's a nice change of pace after owning Dodge / Ram products for as long as I have.

Your brothers truck is friggin nice! I really like the white.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
It looks great. I don't have any brand loyalty, I just buy the features/specs/quality that I see as the best. Let us know how it stacks up.
Thanks!

In about a month or so I'll let you know if there are any regrets.

U

User_3336

Thanks, I really appreciate it! So far, I'm really enjoying it. It's a nice change of pace after owning Dodge / Ram products for as long as I have.

Your brothers truck is friggin nice! I really like the white.
They actually have EIGHT of the same truck in the 6.2! (Versus 5 in the 5.3) Guy at the dealer said they couldn't keep them on the lot.

The 6.2 is a $3890 option vs the $1595 5.3 option.

Unfortunately, the dealer has $4000 worth of add-on crap on the 6.2's.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
For anyone interested, here is my (almost) one month comparison between my ZR2 and my Rebel:

Ride: my Rebel had coils and the ZR2 has leaf springs with Multimatic DSSV shocks. It's REALLY close but I'd have to give it to Ram on pavement and ZR2 off road.

Comfort: it's a tie. The seats in the Ram are more comfortable but the overall experience in the ZR2 is nicer. PLUS ITS GOT A DEAD PEDAL!!!!

Off road capability: ZR2. It has front and rear lockers, 4 lo and hi and goes like a mountain goat! No comparison!

Interior storage: Rebel by far! The ZR2 has very little interior storage in the console and no floor buckets.

Engine / Transmission: ZR2. 6.2L and 10 speed transmission with no throttle lag!

Infotainment: Ram, but a tie between my Rebel and ZR2. If my Rebel had one of the upper level stereos I'd have to give this one to Ram. The Bose stereo is pretty anemic. Plus, GM is pretty effed in the head by installing commands on the truck that you can only use if you purchase their OnStar system with WIFI or teather to your phones WIFI hotspot. You can't even change the temperature or fan speed on the HVAC by voice without OnStar or tethering. Crazy!

Exterior Design: Completely subjective but I'm giving this one the the ZR2. When I bought my Rebel, it was a specialized trim level with its own hood and shared wheels and lift with the off road package. Now, you just about have to look at the trim badge or front bumper to see what kind of Ram you're looking at. A lot of the Rams now look a lot alike.

Price: A Rebel GT cost the same as a ZR2.

And finally, fuel milage: No one buys these things for fuel milage, but in the interest of a complete comparison, this is a tie!!! I've driven both trucks the same, same roads, same route and according to their onboard calcs, they are within .2 tenths of each other with the ZR2 edging out the Rebel. The ONLY way I can explain this is I used midgrade, 87 octane fuel in the Rebel and a combination of 87 and 95 in the ZR2. I've used Shell fuel in both every fillup.

Well, there it is for what it's worth.

Last edited:

Geddyflea

Reaction score
I would seriously consider a ZR2 / AT4X with the updated 3.0 diesel to replace my Eco Reb.
I haven't driven one but I've read on the forums that they are stout! Plus, if it's an issue, the Duramax's fuel economy is pretty good for a big truck.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't driven one but I've read on the forums that they are stout! Plus, if it's an issue, the Duramax's fuel economy is pretty good for a big truck.
Yeah. Dude at work bought a trail boss with the new 3.0. It’s damn quiet compared to the Eco and noticeable in the power side. He said he’s getting 30 MPG combined!!?? Now it’s likely mostly highway but still good.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Yeah. Dude at work bought a trail boss with the new 3.0. It’s damn quiet compared to the Eco and noticeable in the power side. He said he’s getting 30 MPG combined!!?? Now it’s likely mostly highway but still good.
Yeah! Fuel milage for those are crazy considering it's an almost six thousand pound truck that's shaped like a brick!

Av1

Reaction score
For anyone interested, here is my (almost) one month comparison between my ZR2 and my Rebel:

Thanks for the comparison. It sounds like you are happy with the change so far.

I'm not brand loyal and have had good luck with all of the big three. Each brand has its strong points and its week points. It just depends on what is most important to you.

I hope the ZR2 serves you well, it looks like it is very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/