5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with ordering Hemi in Laramie trim

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After ordering my current truck with a 5’7” box I’ll never own another. Always had 6’4” and figured I wouldn’t miss that extra room but I do.
It’s odd that the 5’7” is currently unavailable on the Laramie with a Hemi. Seems to be the most popular option and gotta be much cheaper for the factory to build. Curious what the reason is.

TampaLaramie

Reaction score
After ordering my current truck with a 5’7” box I’ll never own another. Always had 6’4” and figured I wouldn’t miss that extra room but I do.
It’s odd that the 5’7” is currently unavailable on the Laramie with a Hemi. Seems to be the most popular option and gotta be much cheaper for the factory to build. Curious what the reason is.

To slow down production maybe? To help transition to the Hurricane? Only logical reason I can think of.

Dewey

Reaction score
To slow down production maybe? To help transition to the Hurricane? Only logical reason I can think of.
But then then they released an extra 10% off on Laramie’s. I can guarantee that drastically increased production on those as people jump on that deal. Gonna be a whole lot of Laramie’s coming down the assembly line soon if they haven’t already.

TampaLaramie

Reaction score
But then then they released an extra 10% off on Laramie’s. I can guarantee that drastically increased production on those as people jump on that deal. Gonna be a whole lot of Laramie’s coming down the assembly line soon if they haven’t already.

Oh I forgot about that. Yeah, that doesn’t make sense.

deanno33

Reaction score
I would argue that 2021 was the best year. The global parts shortages hadn't really affected anything yet and other than UC5 you could get the latest tech and safety features. All equipment groups were 1 and 2 instead of the lesser A and B.

What's odd to me is that when I build a Backcountry with Level B, it seems to include more than my current Backcountry Level 2. For example, 2022 Level 2 didn't include 9 Speaker system or 12 in touch screen (had to select those as options). Level B does include both for 2023 Bighorn. So, I'm not sure what the real difference is anymore.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree. Im annoyed that my truck has lesser resale value because I have the “level B equipment group” that was modified from the “level 2” during the covid chip crisis. I don’t know what else I’m missing, but I do know that blind spot monitoring was deleted from my truck from factory.

Id never rely on it, but it makes me feel annoyed when I see other Laramie’s on the road with the amber indicator illuminated on the side mirror.
What was your build date? The level B stuff was supposed to only affect the last of the '21 builds. I agree that the level A and level B crap was BS. But I thought the vast majority of '21 builds were unaffected by it.

What's odd to me is that when I build a Backcountry with Level B, it seems to include more than my current Backcountry Level 2. For example, 2022 Level 2 didn't include 9 Speaker system or 12 in touch screen (had to select those as options). Level B does include both for 2023 Bighorn. So, I'm not sure what the real difference is anymore.
That's the problem now. They are constantly changing option packages which confuse customers at best. Initially the A and B excluded blind spot monitoring and cross-path detection. Now it seems to be applied for any feature that might not be available at a given time. Too much confusion anymore. Glad I'm not shopping for a new truck.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I was switched to level "A" without out warning, from level one.

the only thing removed was power folding mirrors, and with all the posts on the gear breaking i am ok without it.

N0cturnal

Reaction score
Guys, MD confirmed today that Laramie cannot be ordered with V8 and short bed. It has to be 6'4". Not good.

Dewey

Reaction score
Guys, MD confirmed today that Laramie cannot be ordered with V8 and short bed. It has to be 6'4". Not good.
So you have another 9” of bed space. That’s a good thing unless you have a small garage. Only negative I see is the Laramie GT cannot be ordered since it only comes in 5’7”.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So you have another 9” of bed space. That’s a good thing unless you have a small garage. Only negative I see is the Laramie GT cannot be ordered since it only comes in 5’7”.
I'm sure the GT package is still available

6of36

Reaction score
No Ramboxes. They are a must.

6of36

Reaction score
Not for everyone.
I realize that, but they are for me. Plus I don't need the length, which just makes it harder to park. Had a long bed. never again. Rams have a terrible turning radius compared to all other brands. That extra 9 inches makes it worse.

Dewey

Reaction score
I realize that, but they are for me. Plus I don't need the length, which just makes it harder to park. Had a long bed. never again. Rams have a terrible turning radius compared to all other brands. That extra 9 inches makes it worse.
I’ve owned nothing but 6’4” beds but now have a 5’7” bed. Honestly the turning radius “improvement” is barely noticeable.

6of36

Reaction score
I’ve owned nothing but 6’4” beds but now have a 5’7” bed. Honestly the turning radius “improvement” is barely noticeable.
That's because they are still terrible. Just not as terrible. GM and ford have about a 3 foot smaller turn radius with long beds. The ride makes up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread