5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with ordering Hemi in Laramie trim

N0cturnal

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just came back from the dealer with some news regarding ordering certain trims with certain options. I went to order Laramie with Hemi and short box, along with other options that I couldn't get it on any of the dealers. The salesman couldn't order 5'7" box with Hemi and could only order Hemi with 6'4" box, or order 5'7" with Pentastar. When he tried ordering with Big Horn trim, he could order short box with Hemi, but the Pano roof option became disabled. Does anyone has access to more information on this?

I also looked at GT and I was under the impression that it came with CAI and Sports Exhaust, but on sticker it only mentions CAI, Performance pages and gear selector but no mention of Exhaust.

I would appreciate if someone can answer these two questions for me.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just came back from the dealer with some news regarding ordering certain trims with certain options. I went to order Laramie with Hemi and short box, along with other options that I couldn't get it on any of the dealers. The salesman couldn't order 5'7" box with Hemi and could only order Hemi with 6'4" box, or order 5'7" with Pentastar. When he tried ordering with Big Horn trim, he could order short box with Hemi, but the Pano roof option became disabled. Does anyone has access to more information on this?

I also looked at GT and I was under the impression that it came with CAI and Sports Exhaust, but on sticker it only mentions CAI, Performance pages and gear selector but no mention of Exhaust.

I would appreciate if someone can answer these two questions for me.

contact ones of these dealers they will give it to you straight

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds like you got bad info.
I second Bigdodge.
You can reach out to Mark Dodge even if you don't intend on buying from them to get an online quote and they give you EXACTLY what is included in each package, not the flavor of the day website listing.

Jmac509

Reaction score
When I ordered my truck Mark Dodge also told me the only way to get the 5.7 hemi was with the 6'4" bed. Fortunately I wanted the 6'4" bed.

Jmac509

Reaction score
That sucks. Looks like they are already gearing up to get rid of Hemi earlier than I thought.
They also said all 2500/3500 orders have closed and they're waiting for 2024 orders to open.

I hope this isn't the last year of the 5.7s

N0cturnal

Reaction score
They also said all 2500/3500 orders have closed and they're waiting for 2024 orders to open.

Yes, I think that is correct. The salesman showed that when he selects 2500, it shows 2024 and drop down option for 2023 was grayed out.

N0cturnal

Reaction score
Sounds like you got bad info.
I second Bigdodge.
You can reach out to Mark Dodge even if you don't intend on buying from them to get an online quote and they give you EXACTLY what is included in each package, not the flavor of the day website listing.
Thank you and Bigdodge. I just sent my build sheet to MD and will find out.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

All heavy duty trucks are built in Mexico, and take 6 months to get. You probably wouldn't get a new 23 until January of 24 if you ordered today.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks. Looks like they are already gearing up to get rid of Hemi earlier than I thought.
The Hurricane is supposed appear in the 2024 model year. Probably on the higher trim levels first. They are probably "saving" the Hemis for the lower trims levels until the Hurricane production is fully spun up

6of36

Reaction score
The Hurricane is supposed appear in the 2024 model year. Probably on the higher trim levels first. They are probably "saving" the Hemis for the lower trims levels until the Hurricane production is fully spun up
I hope it is only an option. Turbos are nothing but trouble. Even though it would be nice not to have etorque, it's a better option than turbo.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hope it is only an option. Turbos are nothing but trouble. Even though it would be nice not to have etorque, it's a better option than turbo.
Having personally owned several factory turbos vehicles, and still have one, turbos are not "nothing but trouble". The only one I ever had any issues with was modified by previous owner

6of36

Reaction score
Having personally owned several factory turbos vehicles, and still have one, turbos are not "nothing but trouble". The only one I ever had any issues with was modified by previous owner
Something like a Cummins is a different story, but I see dozens and dozens of vehicles people are trying to get rid of due to failed turbo engines.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Something like a Cummins is a different story, but I see dozens and dozens of vehicles people are trying to get rid of due to failed turbo engines.
I've never owned a Cummins. Two early 90s turbo Dodges (Daytona Iroc, and a Spirit R/T) and currently own a 2002 Volvo S60 T5(2.3l inline 5-cyl). Only the Spirit R/T gave me any issues.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Turbos on a gas engine* are bad

My friend just had his turbo blow on his 2015 Kia Optima. I think he spent between 9-11k to get it replaced\fixed.
The car is only work like 15k if even but he owes so had no choice.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Turbos on a gas engine* are bad

My friend just had his turbo blow on his 2015 Kia Optima. I think he spent between 9-11k to get it replaced\fixed.
The car is only work like 15k if even but he owes so had no choice.
I mean, it's a KIA. What did he expect. The name of the car is Killed In Action.

N0cturnal

Reaction score
I had Audi A6 with Turbo. I had to replace turbos at 90K miles, the cost of Borg Warner K03 Yurbos was 3.7k, and the labor was 5k at the dealership. They had to pull the engine out to replace it. Labor is what kills it for me.

I have browsed through Tundra forums and looks like in some case to replace Turbos in new V6 Tundra, they have to remove the CAB. 😬

Turbos if done right and maintained right can last long, but they will still never last as long as an engine. The plumbing skills of manufacturer also plays a role in how well it was implemented. I am not getting on a Ecoboost train yet.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had Audi A6 with Turbo. I had to replace turbos at 90K miles, the cost of Borg Warner K03 Yurbos was 3.7k, and the labor was 5k at the dealership. They had to pull the engine out to replace it. Labor is what kills it for me.

I have browsed through Tundra forums and looks like in some case to replace Turbos in new V6 Tundra, they have to remove the CAB. 😬

Turbos if done right and maintained right can last long, but they will still never last as long as an engine. The plumbing skills of manufacturer also plays a role in how well it was implemented. I am not getting on a Ecoboost train yet.
My Volvo is still on factory turbo. 175k miles. I doubt it was really driven hard by previous owner as it was the wife's work car. It's currently my daughter's school car.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I mean, it's a KIA. What did he expect. The name of the car is Killed In Action.
I mean he only had 85k miles and it's a 2.0l and single turbo 274HP. Not like it was pushing high power.
KIAs are also made by Hyundai, most of his parts inside say that and not KIA. Both have decently good track records for reliability and repairs. Not like Ram is a shining star when it comes to that nor are pretty much any other brand.
I don't see any problems with turbos in KIAs (when I google it) but it still happened to him and cost him half the price of the car just to get back on the road.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mean he only had 85k miles and it's a 2.0l and single turbo 274HP. Not like it was pushing high power.
KIAs are also made by Hyundai, most of his parts inside say that and not KIA. Both have decently good track records for reliability and repairs. Not like Ram is a shining star when it comes to that nor are pretty much any other brand.
I don't see any problems with turbos in KIAs (when I google it) but it still happened to him and cost him half the price of the car just to get back on the road.
It was a joke. KIA used to be bottom of the barrel for reliability. They have come a long way since they were first I triduced in the US market. I actually wouldn't mind having one of the Stinger GTs with the twin turbos. Just don't want to pay what they cost

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/