5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the used market really this crazy?

captainzombie

Reaction score
Brother I’m trading my Silverado in for a ram. I love the ram but you can’t just crush the Silverado. Drove her for the past 13 months. 27,500 miles. Almost 28 mpg fuel average. I work in nyc but live in the suburbs. It’s a beautiful truck. I do agree though you must upgrade the 5.3 cause that thing is a pig. Yes ram also should make the 6.2 available but on the flip side I’ll be sick because than I’ll be reading in a truck that I’m still waiting for to be built. If ram announced that engine for 22 I’d cancel my current order. And yes I agree the transmission is fine. I’m just not good with insults. Right now she’s still my truck

That is what I did this past week. As much as I loved my problem free Silverado (only one issue with oil lines needing to be replaced under warranty), that 5.3 + 6 speed trans and the not so great interior made me jump to RAM. I got lucky and mine was built like a tank with not too many issues, and at 32,000 miles in 2.5 years and I averaged around 16 mpg. I thought I would never own a RAM in my life because of the stuff you would hear about rust, trans issues, interiors falling apart, etc. My wife and kids convinced me to try something different, and there was no way I was going to Ford, Toyota, or Nissan for a truck. So far this thing has been awesome and I love that it is not a turtle/pig. The only other feature that I wanted which my new truck is missing is the blind spot alerts, it is just getting harder to find the color, features, and right price on the lots right now.

I now need to order a tonneau cover, missing the one I had on the Silverado. I had the Bakflip MX4 on my last 2 trucks, and plan to go with the same for this truck.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. I got the mx4 on my Silverado and got one sitting in my garage for the rebel when she comes home

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Brother I’m trading my Silverado in for a ram. I love the ram but you can’t just crush the Silverado. Drove her for the past 13 months. 27,500 miles. Almost 28 mpg fuel average. I work in nyc but live in the suburbs. It’s a beautiful truck. I do agree though you must upgrade the 5.3 cause that thing is a pig. Yes ram also should make the 6.2 available but on the flip side I’ll be sick because than I’ll be reading in a truck that I’m still waiting for to be built. If ram announced that engine for 22 I’d cancel my current order. And yes I agree the transmission is fine. I’m just not good with insults. Right now she’s still my truck
I'm kind of wondering why you're getting rid of the Chevy. Sounds like that truck is ideal for your commute. You're getting close to the same mileage as I get in my Audi A4. It's barely broken in at 27,500 miles.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m a sick person. I fell in love with the rebel although if I could afford the TRX I would. I will miss the mpgs but I’m getting top dollar for my trade and a super good deal on my factory order

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I say sick I don’t mean that literally. I just seem to change vehicles much too often. This will make my fourth brand new vehicle in four years. 18-Nissan rogue. Too small. 19 Nissan pro 4x. Horrible mpg’s- 20 the Silverado. Now 21-Rebel. You are right though i could have put a 2” lift kit and been totally satisfied. But Rams interior is awesome. I spend at least theee hours a day in my ride so I got to be happy. But I have been spending a lot of money. Hoping I can stay in rebel for at least four years. We’ll see

MBDC

Reaction score
I just purchased a week ago and I received around $24,000 on my trade in for my 2016.......with 111,000 miles on it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
When I say sick I don’t mean that literally. I just seem to change vehicles much too often. This will make my fourth brand new vehicle in four years. 18-Nissan rogue. Too small. 19 Nissan pro 4x. Horrible mpg’s- 20 the Silverado. Now 21-Rebel. You are right though i could have put a 2” lift kit and been totally satisfied. But Rams interior is awesome. I spend at least theee hours a day in my ride so I got to be happy. But I have been spending a lot of money. Hoping I can stay in rebel for at least four years. We’ll see
I can respect that. If I don't like the interior I'm not going to enjoy being inside the vehicle. I agree that the interiors of these trucks are awesome, especially the higher trim levels. I only asked because it sounds like you're still pretty attached to your Silverado. Welcome to the Ram fam!

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I’m a sick person. I fell in love with the rebel although if I could afford the TRX I would. I will miss the mpgs but I’m getting top dollar for my trade and a super good deal on my factory order

I’m trying to talk the lady into being “okay” with me getting the trx hahahaa. If I can find one in the low 80s might be a done deal but the Cummins around here are still going for 64k so might be a cheaper option and a more reasonable option as well. But that trx is nasty even in the base level. All though I’d be giving away my vented seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. For 96k plus the 30k they are marking them up

Attachments

• 5C977D59-778F-4A0F-85F9-04A0D30E00C5.jpeg
    5C977D59-778F-4A0F-85F9-04A0D30E00C5.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 42

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Ha ha ha, he said “ only “

I’ve seen some in Los Angeles in the mid 88s to be exact. I’ll see some pop up on cars.com and then when I click on the dealer they are marked up 20k. Lame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I would be patient with the TRX or possibly maybe if you order you. CD an avoid the mark up. I don’t see getting a deal though. But agreed I want a TRX too. Maybe one day

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
And the fact that unless you go diesel your stuck with the 5.7. Nice engine. I’m getting one myself but if you run into a crappy Silverado z71 hope it has the 5.3. Otherwise either the duramax or the 6.2 will smoke you. Whatever engine you get from ram except the TRX

I love the duramax, and it's pulling me into the GMC. But make no mistake, it will not outrun a 5.7. The hemi is almost 400 hp, the duramax is what, 270-ish? I would rather pull a trailer with that diesel (which is where my attraction is), and it does scoot pretty good (it is also quicker than the Ram Eco Diesel), but the 5.7 hemi will still bury it. The 6.2 of course is no contest, but lets be honest; the vast majority of engines in those trucks are the 5.3 and the crummy 8 speed that burps and jerks you around, combined that with the tradesman interior and there is not much there to write home about.

Users who are viewing this thread