5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the 2025 "Refresh" going to be enough to boost sales?

RedFred

Reaction score
Saw this short video on Ram sales vs others.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Saw this short video on Ram sales vs others.

That Bozo makes a lot of BS videos. Check the facts for your self. Plus remember, Ram trucks had a strike, GMs was Escalades and suburbans.

RedFred

Reaction score
That Bozo makes a lot of BS videos. Check the facts for your self. Plus remember, Ram trucks had a strike, GMs was Escalades and suburbans.
Actually his stats were correct. Ram is down for the year while the others like Ford, Chevy, GMC, etc., are all up significantly. That was the point of starting this thread. Ram is losing market share, and I was asking if the small refresh was going to be enough to boost sales. Imo, RAM needs to do more. They have a good truck but maybe some exterior appearance packages and more exterior color choices. I've basically been looking at the same truck in the same colors for so many years already just at a higher price point. At this price, I would like more options to personalize or make it more unique so it doesn't look exactly like the other 20 RAM pickups at my jobs parking lot.

6of36

Reaction score
Actually his stats were correct. Ram is down for the year while the others like Ford, Chevy, GMC, etc., are all up significantly. That was the point of starting this thread. Ram is losing market share, and I was asking if the small refresh was going to be enough to boost sales. Imo, RAM needs to do more. They have a good truck but maybe some exterior appearance packages and more exterior color choices. I've basically been looking at the same truck in the same colors for so many years already just at a higher price point. At this price, I would like more options to personalize or make it more unique so it doesn't look exactly like the other 20 RAM pickups at my jobs parking lot.
Like I said, Ram had their 1500 line shut down for the strike. Ford and GM had other plants shut, but kept building trucks. They build about 1,000 per day. I don't remember how many days the plant was down, but 3 weeks would be 20,000 trucks.

RedFred

Reaction score
Like I said, Ram had their 1500 line shut down for the strike. Ford and GM had other plants shut, but kept building trucks. They build about 1,000 per day. I don't remember how many days the plant was down, but 3 weeks would be 20,000 trucks.
It wasn't because the strike. Ram sales have been down 7-8% all year long. And the strike didn't really effect sales since dealership lots have been filled with trucks.

6of36

Reaction score
It wasn't because the strike. Ram sales have been down 7-8% all year long. And the strike didn't really effect sales since dealership lots have been filled with trucks.
I just checked 3 dealers near me, and all 3 have their normal inventory. Unlike electrics, which the news says there are 50 to 60,000 in inventory, that the dealers say they can't sell, because nobody wants them.

RedFred

Reaction score
These are truck sales through Sept 2023. Everyone but RAM has seen a significant increase in sales. It's been a healthy year as far as truck sales. The only one experiencing a decline in sales is RAM who is losing market share to everyone else.

IMG_6574.jpg

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are truck sales through Sept 2023. Everyone but RAM has seen a significant increase in sales. It's been a healthy year as far as truck sales. The only one experiencing a decline in sales is RAM who is losing market share to everyone else.

View attachment 172558
well when ya come from nothing a little looks like something...those are aesthetic purchases...

ChrisID

Reaction score
It's because of the e-torque only, period. Most don't want it. And why they announced the Hurricane arriving most likely earlier than they planned.

RedFred

Reaction score
It's because of the e-torque only, period. Most don't want it. And why they announced the Hurricane arriving most likely earlier than they planned.

This is definitely true for me. I can't seem to get myself to pull the trigger on a truck with e-torque. It's definitely slowed the whole buying process for me. I tend to put a lot of miles on my trucks before I get rid of them. I just know the e-torque system will bite me in the @ at some point. I could be wrong, but it's just how I feel about it.

Users who are viewing this thread