5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to add Blind Spot?

downsjh

Reaction score
Are these the radar modules you add to the tail lamps, with no other changes at the tail lamps?

cdf6ef615c958167727f63969e89418b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Njh3409

Reaction score
Are these the radar modules you add to the tail lamps, with no other changes at the tail lamps?

cdf6ef615c958167727f63969e89418b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased the entire LED tail lights with sensors installed on eBay. I will see if I can get some pictures of the wiring.

Njh3409

Reaction score
You would need

2 of this housing 5-2138650-1 and 4 receptacle tabs 5-963715-1 along with some twisted pair wire for the can bus. I have all this and can make this side.

s-l1600.jpg product-details.png

What I still need to identify is the pins for this side of the harness under the drivers seat. Pins 39 to 42 that need plugged in.
  • index.gif
  • Connector No:
    XY400A
  • Part Number:
    Body: 2298452-1_2336170-1

When I have time I will take it apart again and try to identify the pins. I can build harnesses and make instructions on how to install them. This allows for the missing wiring for the rear sensors in the tail lights.

papester

Reaction score
You would need

2 of this housing 5-2138650-1 and 4 receptacle tabs 5-963715-1 along with some twisted pair wire for the can bus. I have all this and can make this side.

View attachment 43055 View attachment 43056

What I still need to identify is the pins for this side of the harness under the drivers seat. Pins 39 to 42 that need plugged in.

When I have time I will take it apart again and try to identify the pins. I can build harnesses and make instructions on how to install them. This allows for the missing wiring for the rear sensors in the tail lights.
Thanks, I would be willing to buy a harness from you if you decide to make a kit available. Just to confirm, with this harness, i would need to add the sensors in the tail lights, the required programing and if i wanted the visual indicators, the mirrors with the indicators?

ram3321

Reaction score
thanks and I would definitely buy one too. Once I source all the parts and am ready for the install I can create an instruction guide w/ pictures as I go through the install.

papester

Reaction score
You would need

View attachment 43055 View attachment 43056

Any progress on the pictures of the wiring or of the install in general?

saturn298

Reaction score
So from what I am understanding if I have the tail light and mirrors is it plug and go? with turning the feature on using alfaobd

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I need to source or make a connector for the tail light harness to actually get the sensors connected

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
The level of help in this thread is cool to see ... Owners assisting owners, as it should be. Quick story about Blind Spot. My truck came with it, but it wasn't functioning. I didn't set out to get that feature, but wanted it to work since it was included on the truck I bought. After a few dealership trips, they found the module was missing in the passenger taillight. And once it all started functioning, I became pretty attached to it. Good luck with the mod!

Dix2056

Reaction score
Is it possible wit add the radar without the LED tail lights? It looks like it installs in the taillight right?

Users who are viewing this thread