5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to add Blind Spot?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ahh...good Info...I purchase the module separately from the taillight and was wondering where it plugs in..so there much be a internal harness inside the taillight I’m missing.

ramjoeram

Reaction score
Reading through this thread, Im not 100% clear on what I do / can do

I have a big horn level 1 - but with power folding mirrors (cant believe this option comes but without blindspot monitoring!!)

Can someone please help me understand how I can get this?

saturn298

Reaction score
Also a tad confused.

if I have factory blind spot tails and mirrors, is there anything else I have to do additionally to make them work other than turn the feature on with alpha obd?

papester

Reaction score
Also a tad confused.

if I have factory blind spot tails and mirrors, is there anything else I have to do additionally to make them work other than turn the feature on with alpha obd?
Yes there is some additional wiring that needs to be done to get the required network signals to the blind spot sensors. The original OP was going to post some picture of his install but that never materialized. If you read the beginning of this thread he explains what pins need to be connected. When i do mine i will create a write up for it.

saturn298

Reaction score
Yes there is some additional wiring that needs to be done to get the required network signals to the blind spot sensors. The original OP was going to post some picture of his install but that never materialized. If you read the beginning of this thread he explains what pins need to be connected. When i do mine i will create a write up for it.
Awesome I appreciate it!

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased blind spot sensors from a wrecked truck. the screw to the back of the tail lights. My tail light jumper harness does not have a plug to connect these to. if you purchased the entire tail light assembly with blind spot sensors installed, you would have the wire. I have to get the internal tail light jumper wires and add them along with these sensors, to my taillights.

Attachments

• IMG_1595.JPG
    IMG_1595.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_6465.JPG
    IMG_6465.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 381

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
I purchased blind spot sensors from a wrecked truck. the screw to the back of the tail lights. My tail light jumper harness does not have a plug to connect these to. if you purchased the entire tail light assembly with blind spot sensors installed, you would have the wire. I have to get the internal tail light jumper wires and add them along with these sensors, to my taillights.

Are you adding these to Non-LED factory tail lights or Non-Blind Spot factory LED tail lights? I was leaning towards attempting to install in my Non-LED factory lights. Then the next thing is the mirrors, wondering if there is a way to put an indicator in my current factory powered mirror set-up

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Were the tail light module wires already in place? I added heated glass to my big horn, and decided to order the heated glass with the triangle, in hopes to add blind spot.
Which alfaobd options need enable to get it up and running?

Please share part #'s for mirrors. Thanks

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
I added a sample instruction sheet (Attached). Once we gather all info we will update.

Attachments

• Adding Blind Spot on 2019 RAM 1500.pdf
    103.9 KB · Views: 639

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you adding these to Non-LED factory tail lights or Non-Blind Spot factory LED tail lights? I was leaning towards attempting to install in my Non-LED factory lights. Then the next thing is the mirrors, wondering if there is a way to put an indicator in my current factory powered mirror set-up
I have factory led, no blind spot. My housings have a spot to add the sensors. So I need the different taillight harness from a led + blind spot truck

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please share part #'s for mirrors. Thanks
For my bighorn tow mirrors, I used part 68401394AA and 68401395AA.
This is for heated tow mirror glass w/ blind spot indicator.

Adding the heat was easy, I ran my own wires, along side the mirror harness, thru the door boot and tapped them into my rear defroster wire. I have not added blind spot yet.

I have not been able to locate a part # for the factory mirror wiring harness. This would be idea, because it would make plug and plug solution for both the mirror heat & blind spot indicator. I think the part #'s for the door modules are the same. So I think alfa would be able to turn on the heated & indicator outputs if we had a harness.

I was just on the cheap to ran my own wires, because I wasn't about to buy new mirrors. But if I could find factory mirror wire harness for decent, I'm might consider buying them.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
For my bighorn tow mirrors, I used part 68401394AA and 68401395AA.
This is for heated tow mirror glass w/ blind spot indicator.

Adding the heat was easy, I ran my own wires, along side the mirror harness, thru the door boot and tapped them into my rear defroster wire. I have not added blind spot yet.

I have not been able to locate a part # for the factory mirror wiring harness. This would be idea, because it would make plug and plug solution for both the mirror heat & blind spot indicator. I think the part #'s for the door modules are the same. So I think alfa would be able to turn on the heated & indicator outputs if we had a harness.

I was just on the cheap to ran my own wires, because I wasn't about to buy new mirrors. But if I could find factory mirror wire harness for decent, I'm might consider buying them.

I have heated and power fold mirrors with no blind spot. Was hoping to add a wire to the harness and the mirror/LED light.

papester

Reaction score
The question I have before I start this mod is do the side mirrors with heating and powered folding function have the wire in them for the blind spot indicators. So just the mirror glass needs to be replaced or do the entire mirrors need replacing. Has anyone removed their existing mirror glass to see what wiring is in the mirror?

saturn298

Reaction score
The question I have before I start this mod is do the side mirrors with heating and powered folding function have the wire in them for the blind spot indicators. So just the mirror glass needs to be replaced or do the entire mirrors need replacing. Has anyone removed their existing mirror glass to see what wiring is in the mirror?

Based off the mirrors we package for fca I highly doubt they have the wiring for the mirror glass to be plug and play. There are at least 10 variations of mirror assemblies for our trucks. (not including tow mirrors)

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
there is no wires. I purchased just the glass, and ran my own wires because I'm cheap

papester

Reaction score
there is no wires. I purchased just the glass, and ran my own wires because I'm cheap
Mike,

I'm assuming you ran the two wires needed for each indicator to each of the front door controllers? Did you add the pins to the connectors? If you did, what pins did you use.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 10.23.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 10.23.34 PM.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 332
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 10.22.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 10.22.48 PM.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 319

Users who are viewing this thread