5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPHONE ISSUE

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this isn’t in the proper thread. I am seeking help with an I phone issue. When I first got my truck up until a few weeks ago I had an Android. I now have an iPhone. My Android would always show texts on my 12” screen and I would hit the button to listen to it. For some reason my IPhone will not show texts on the screen. I can’t figure out what the problem is or how to fix it.

Any help is appreciated.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this isn’t in the proper thread. I am seeking help with an I phone issue. When I first got my truck up until a few weeks ago I had an Android. I now have an iPhone. My Android would always show texts on my 12” screen and I would hit the button to listen to it. For some reason my IPhone will not show texts on the screen. I can’t figure out what the problem is or how to fix it.

Any help is appreciated.

Go to your bluetooth settings on your iphone, click the "i" in the circle next to Uconnect, then select "Show Notifications"

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Any help is appreciated.

Do you mean show the actual body of the text or the notification? I don’t believe you can view/read texts on the screen but can have them read to you thru Siri

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you mean show the actual body of the text or the notification? I don’t believe you can view/read texts on the screen but can have them read to you thru Siri

I have the 12" and I can read my texts on screen and listen to them without Siri. You can only read them when not in motion though.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the 12" and I can read my texts on screen and listen to them without Siri. You can only read them when not in motion though.
I used to be able to do the same with my Android. Can’t get the IPhone to do it.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you try what I suggested in post #2?
My apologies. I missed your suggestion. I just turned it on as you mentioned. I’ll check it out later. I’m sure that’s what the issue is. I’ll report back. Thanks again.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you try what I suggested in post #2?
I turned on notifications as you suggested and I still do not get texts to show up on the screen like with my Android. The only way to receive text info on screen is by using CarPlay. Something is obviously wrong as I was always able to see them with my Android phone.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I turned on notifications as you suggested and I still do not get texts to show up on the screen like with my Android. The only way to receive text info on screen is by using CarPlay. Something is obviously wrong as I was always able to see them with my Android phone.

Yeah, something isn't right. Now that you have notifications turned on in your phone have you tried deleting and re-pairing your phone?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, something isn't right. Now that you have notifications turned on in your phone have you tried deleting and re-pairing your phone?
I’ll give that a go. Question first, I was sitting in my driveway with the truck running when I tested it. Does it have to be moving or in drive?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll give that a go. Question first, I was sitting in my driveway with the truck running when I tested it. Does it have to be moving or in drive?

No, as long as the truck is on you should get the notification. When you're in drive you will only be able to select listen, the view option won't be active.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, as long as the truck is on you should get the notification. When you're in drive you will only be able to select listen, the view option won't be active.
Ok thanks. I’ll try reconnecting phone.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I’ll try reconnecting phone.
Just
i just reconnected the phone and it works now! Thanks again for the input. Much appreciated.

chrisnack

Reaction score
Does this only work if using Bluetooth source?

one of pet peeves has been that I don’t get text notifications in the truck, my f150 would give me them regardless of the source

Users who are viewing this thread