5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introducing the 2019 Ram 2500 and 3500 Heavy Duties:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd chalk that up to build and price error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 3500 would have a RamBox option for the single rear wheel shortbed.

But you would have to start out with a 8 foot bed or Mega Cab to get to the dually option.

Error. Interesting as build and price is so accurate:rolleyes:

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
2018 3500 would have a RamBox option for the single rear wheel shortbed.

But you would have to start out with a 8 foot bed or Mega Cab to get to the dually option.

Error. Interesting as build and price is so accurate:rolleyes:
Fair enough. Maybe it wasmt a dually

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is still the 4th Gen bed.

The column shifter is only with the Cummins.

6.4l Hemi 8speed auto gets the rotary shifter.
Any idea why they would go with the column shifter on the Cummins instead of the Rotary Knob?

clotagames

Reaction score
Cannot believe they did not upgrade the crew cab to the larger 2019 Ram 1500 cab.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
Cannot believe they did not upgrade the crew cab to the larger 2019 Ram 1500 cab.

Are you saying the 2019 Power Wagon's cabin is smaller than the 2019 1500's?

I was watching some videos on the 2018 Power Wagon (there's some deals for those sitting on lots currently), and it didn't appear to be as roomy in the back as the 1500's, but I thought maybe it was just short vs normal sized reviewers?

So they changed the winch, the interior, the transmission and added cylinder deactivation to the 2019's and that's it? The rear cab is smaller than the 1500's?

That's shocking, especially when their HD's already offered the "ginormous" cab option in 2018.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They have the largest cab on the market...mega cab. The crew cab is larger than a quad cab...putting a cab in the middle wouldn't make much sense to me...and as many people want the 4 extra inches as there are who want a quad cab. The crew is that happy medium...and the Mega gives even more room...but then it is too much! Ram 1500 has quad and the larger crew...Ram HD has crew and the larger Mega Cab.

And the MDS isn't new...it debuted in the HD in 2014 with the then new 6.4l BGE.

The 8 speed auto is new.

The factory shuffle was halted...and is most likely the main reason the cab remained...and the above mentioned reasons.

The whole truck is new...except the cab frame...yes doors are new...and the cargo box...which isn't even noticable with the new taillights.

Plenty has changed and it is more advanced and comfortable than the outgoing 4th Gen.

But, there are still 2018s available...and the last opportunity to own a G56 and have a manual truck.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
The whole truck is new...except the cab frame...yes doors are new...and the cargo box...which isn't even noticable with the new taillights.

Plenty has changed and it is more advanced and comfortable than the outgoing 4th Gen.

Thanks. All these posts commenting about "Gen 4.5" are confusing me. I know the original reports were that the HD's would be released in 2020, and it looks like they should hit lots in Mar/Apr of 2019 as 2019's. It seems like that bit of difference is leading to assumptions there's going to be additional changes soon: a "real" 5th generation (with the 1500 Crew Cab, for example). And that doesn't seem at all plausible to me.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. All these posts commenting about "Gen 4.5" are confusing me. I know the original reports were that the HD's would be released in 2020, and it looks like they should hit lots in Mar/Apr of 2019 as 2019's. It seems like that bit of difference is leading to assumptions there's going to be additional changes soon: a "real" 5th generation (with the 1500 Crew Cab, for example). And that doesn't seem at all plausible to me.
Yes the complete overhaul is coming...scheduled to coincide with the 1500 refresh in a couple years. Around 2021 as a 2022

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online