5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Rattles

Kyle_1252002

Reaction score
I have an annoying rattle in my center stack as well. I think I’ve narrowed it down to the toggle switch module; if I press or pull on it it’ll stop for a bit, but it always comes back. Anyone know how if the toggle switch bank comes off?

J33P

Reaction score
My door panel rattles. It doesn't appear to be the panel rattling against the inner door, but it's the panel seams itself. Dealer won't change. on my own. Can't listen to music with decent bass , too much rattling

Alex2014

Reaction score
Maybe I have my expectations too high, but nothing gets me more annoyed than rattles on a brand new truck. I noticed sometimes there will be a rattle coming from the gauge cluster area it appears when I hit some small bumps in the road. Last time I was at the dealer, the technician couldn't find it, which Im sure he didn't even drive it. I know its a truck, but when you spend $57k you would expect the rattles not too occur until it gets older. Anyone else experiencing rattles inside?
I have the same rattle but the technician don’t find we’re is coming. I think is behind the steering wheel. Please I have months behind this rattle if you know were is coming please send me a message or replay.

Alex2014

Reaction score
Maybe I have my expectations too high, but nothing gets me more annoyed than rattles on a brand new truck. I noticed sometimes there will be a rattle coming from the gauge cluster area it appears when I hit some small bumps in the road. Last time I was at the dealer, the technician couldn't find it, which Im sure he didn't even drive it. I know its a truck, but when you spend $57k you would expect the rattles not too occur until it gets older. Anyone else experiencing rattles inside?
I have the same but not find. Months with this problem.

alramguy

Reaction score
Hello Everyone- So far the dealer fixed my 12" Nav rattle with some double sided tape. I cured the ceiling liner rattle myself with rubber weather stripping inserted between the top of the rear window and the liner. I am down to my last super annoying rattle. The driver side dash vent has a significant rattle on certain road surfaces. Has anyone had this? Does anyone know how to remove the vent? Does it just pop out with a trim tool? This is pretty frustrating for a $60K vehicle. Thanks in advance.-Alex 2019 Ram Limited

Attachments

• PZZgzpeMSpaUWALMpt69mA.jpg
    PZZgzpeMSpaUWALMpt69mA.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 73

Alex2014

Reaction score
Hello Everyone- So far the dealer fixed my 12" Nav rattle with some double sided tape. I cured the ceiling liner rattle myself with rubber weather stripping inserted between the top of the rear window and the liner. I am down to my last super annoying rattle. The driver side dash vent has a significant rattle on certain road surfaces. Has anyone had this? Does anyone know how to remove the vent? Does it just pop out with a trim tool? This is pretty frustrating for a $60K vehicle. Thanks in advance.-Alex 2019 Ram Limited
Do not remove de vent. First use dry lubricant or silicone lubricant in the around the vent border. With carefull apply the lubricant and use a dry cloth to clean. I use this with my to vents and works great. No more vent rattle.

Alex2014

Reaction score
W
My door panel rattles. It doesn't appear to be the panel rattling against the inner door, but it's the panel seams itself. Dealer won't change. on my own. Can't listen to music with decent bass , too much rattling
[/QUOTE
When this happens open the door and close again bit strong. Sometimes do this and work. No more rattle.

Alex2014

Reaction score
When this happens open the door and close again bit strong. Sometimes do this and work. No more rattle.

Alex2014

Reaction score
13,000 miles and I hope it stays that way
It seems to be the seams of the panel pieces itself.
Ask the dealer a request for the problem to the manufacture (Ram engineer) you have 36,000 milles warranty. Sorry for your problem is very frustrating have a expensive truck with this problem. I don’t understand why FCA use poor quality materials in this truck I can’t imagine what happens when it’s truks have 50,000 miles.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What clips would those be? I think I started getting the same rattle (passenger side somewhere in the middle, do have sunroof)
Headliner is held in place around the edge of the sunroof with Velcro clips. Grab the edge of the headliner near the center overhead console and pull down. It takes a lot of effort to get them to release, but they will. Once separated, pull the clip out from the top of the headliner itself, not the metal roof. Place some backing material on each, and slide the clips back into the headliner. Once all are done, push the headliner back up into place.

TAMUG01

Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution? I have the same issue with my '19 Laramie (3k miles, sound from beginning). I thought at first it was interior steering wheel but zeroed in on the driver vent area. Some bumps and rough roads make an awful buzz that sounds like loose washer buzzing around. I too thought about removing the vent but haven't gone that far yet.

Albrock

Reaction score
I have a Laramie sport and have rattles from dash, center counsel, and left door area somewhere. I took it to 2nd dealership today which took me 2 hours to get to and while driving it with tech it was rattling but he said he couldn't here anything. Nice guy but he was 2 tears from retirement. Nothing against older people but their hearing isn't that of a younger person. So 60k truck that I'm going to have to listen to pops all over dash when I hit bumps and rattles. I'm past the age of blaring music so I guess I'll be enjoying my new truck while wearing ear plugs. I can tell you this will be the last ram for me. After my 4 hour round trip today I'm done.

Users who are viewing this thread