5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Rattles

ac1dd

Reaction score
Managed to fix the rattles for good - update: got rid of the RAM and bought a 2020 Ford Raptor.

You do realize that Ford products have almost the same level of problems as Chrysler does?
A big truck no matter how fancy and expensive is NOT a "luxury vehicle" and never will be no matter the price, not that terrible QC is acceptable even on basic vehicles.

I wonder how long it will be before your Ford leaves you stranded? lol

Good luck

coderman

Reaction score
Who knows AC1DD ... I'm not going to disagree with you, completely. I've owned the Raptor now for 5 weeks, and I don't disagree with you that Ford is almost up there with Chrysler for **** QC. Not quite as bad, but I've had a handful of things already. I mostly agree with your comment that terrible QC is not acceptable, even on basic vehicles. The options and luxury and performance should improve for the cost, but the basic mechanics and quality control shouldn't be any different.

However... something like the Limited or the Raptor, are indeed luxury vehicles. Luxury simply means it's designed to do more than get you from A to B, or complete a specific task. It's meant to do that with extra interior comfort, performance and cosmetic design above the standard. A standard F150 isn't a luxury truck, but a Platinum or Limited is; and that's the entire point of those trucks

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
YES! And this is on a $ 85,000.00 Canadian Limited. Somewhere inside the configurable (?) centre console that the owners manual has no information that I could find, but I did download a manual that had a little info. It is so nice and smooth and quiet on the pavement but on bumpy gravel roads there is a rattle in the console , ..........shouldn't have to but I'm going to dive in and see whats in there. (Bad feelings with dealer)
Lots of rattles since day 1 yes, I was also told could not duplicate!

BigD

Reaction score
I have had a somewhat noticeable rattle develop somewhere in the center stack. Took the truck out to White Sands and it has some packed gypsum roads that have formed what are essentially rumble strips... really rattled the hell out of the truck and I think created the problem. Not noticeable unless the radio/HVAC are quiet, but still annoying. Pressing on the center stack trim (anywhere) seems to stop the rattle, so something must be just barely loose.

More annoying is the subwoofer. Some bass notes, even at mild volumes, create a really annoying plastic rattle somewhere in the back of the cab.
I just have the basic radio. No sub. I still get that annoying rattle in the back of the truck near the headliner when certain bass tones come on. I was wondering how many other people experience this? Makes me glad I didn't spend the extra money for the upgraded radio.

frostymug

Reaction score
Ditto. Mine started rattling a couple of months ago.
Culprit seems to be the mechanism for adjusting the height of the seatbelt. Every little bump on the road makes it rattle.
Were you able to fix this yourself or did you take to a dealer? I have the same annoying rattle that happens every time I hit any bumps in the road. Any advice is appreciated!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Were you able to fix this yourself or did you take to a dealer? I have the same annoying rattle that happens every time I hit any bumps in the road. Any advice is appreciated!
I have not fixed this or had it looked at yet. The one thing that mitigates it is lowering the seatbelt down to the lowest or second to lowest setting, at least in my case, as it creates tension and keeps the panel from making noise. Annoying indeed!

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just have the basic radio. No sub. I still get that annoying rattle in the back of the truck near the headliner when certain bass tones come on. I was wondering how many other people experience this? Makes me glad I didn't spend the extra money for the upgraded radio.
I have a bad rattle in the same area on certain bass notes with the harman kardon system. I cannot find exactly what it is, so I just turn the music up louder so I don’t hear it. Would be nice to fix it tho, almost sound like it’s inside the roof.

soSincerious

Reaction score
I'm a freak when it comes to this stuff. My 18 F150 was a lease, and I still fixed the creaks in the console storage / cup holder finisher

Being a tech by trade, I've been taught how to chase them and fix them.

That being said I'm so happy to report my Ram is Lexus level quiet and in terms of cabin noise ... and I work for Lexus ...

Fingers crossed 🤞

I'll probably be back 😆

RJ617

Reaction score
It seems I might be in the right spot for some help or similar experiences. I have 2019 2500 Limited and have a vibration which sounds like the weather strip rubbing in my drivers door constantly. Also just developed a rattle in the dash....which sounds like it is directly in front of me in the dash while driving.....tried pushing around in the dash while driving but cant seem to make any difference in the sound. So frustrating when you pay this much for a vehicle

soSincerious

Reaction score
If it is indeed the weatherstrip, some silicone spray on a rag then wiped on it can rule out or pinpoint the noise.

Noise from in front of you a lot of times means its bouncing off the windshield, which also helps you narrow it down. Noises can be deceiving, so finding out a good general area of their origin goes a long way for quick diag. I'd look at speaker grills, or where the A-pillar meets the dash. Any place where 2 panels meet is suspect

Staggerlee

Reaction score
Maybe I have my expectations too high, but nothing gets me more annoyed than rattles on a brand new truck. I noticed sometimes there will be a rattle coming from the gauge cluster area it appears when I hit some small bumps in the road. Last time I was at the dealer, the technician couldn't find it, which Im sure he didn't even drive it. I know its a truck, but when you spend $57k you would expect the rattles not too occur until it gets older. Anyone else experiencing rattles inside?
I have a 2019 ram 1500 classes dash or upper center consolet around screen and radio rattles all the time, traded a 15 Silverado for this piece of crap, biggest mistake I could make. Dealership can't hear or don't want too. Rams suckered when it comes to quality.

Bkelly

Reaction score
I had Chirping noise that I searched for several months to locate. Turns out it was the windshield wiper arm, where it goes into the plastic sheathing. Somewhere in there is a metal on metal rub. So far wd40 has corrected it. It had gotten really bad and got lucky just turning on wipers trying to find it, it worked and then went to narrowing down.

TxAg98

Reaction score
2021 Laramie. So far I have:
-driver's side b pillar, small rattle sounds like just behind my ear.
-Passenger side door. Thats as close as Ive narrowed it, just somewhere on that side
-Some kind of a plastic/rubber rubbing sound from the back of the cab. Not sure if its the sliding window or not.

So far, thats it. Hoping some go away when the weather warms up.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the center console / 12" Nav rattle and the seat ticking issue....the center console one i'll try some WD on but anyone know what the fix for the seatis? Besides a a new seat?

Brycefink

Reaction score
Maybe I have my expectations too high, but nothing gets me more annoyed than rattles on a brand new truck. I noticed sometimes there will be a rattle coming from the gauge cluster area it appears when I hit some small bumps in the road. Last time I was at the dealer, the technician couldn't find it, which Im sure he didn't even drive it. I know its a truck, but when you spend $57k you would expect the rattles not too occur until it gets older. Anyone else experiencing rattles inside?
Possible SOLUTION FOUND! Bought a 2021 Ram Rebel about a month ago. Dash rattle started and was driving me bonkers, I spent a long time taking things apart trying to find the source. The noise sounded like a retainer clip, springy kind of noise every time I hit a bump, eventually though it became almost constant. The noise seemed to be coming from behind the driver side vent, but after much searching I found the noise repeated by hitting the dash beside the electric park brake switch.

Voila.....followed the noise and thought it was the wiring harness connector.....however it appears that the e-brake cable itself has a very annoying rattle to it. Ram made an attempt to insulate the cable and secure it, however this still allowed much movement to the cable. My home made solution was to wrap the cable with two micro fibre clothes around the cable and secure it from moving. I'll be taking it to the dealer to find a more suitable permanent solution, however this may solve several people's problems with what seemed to be a dash cluster rattle or vent rattle as the noise seems to float up the dash.

Hope this helps! I'm now rattle free!

Steve’sRebel

Reaction score
I just got a 2021 rebel and I have a rattle coming from the gauge cluster, sounds like it is coming from temperature gauge.
I took the dash apart and am confident that this is where it’s coming from.
it only happens on certain small bumps and imperfections on the road.
super annoying and this truck cost 80000 Canadian dollars. I am taking it back to the dealer in a couple of days.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Possible SOLUTION FOUND! Bought a 2021 Ram Rebel about a month ago. Dash rattle started and was driving me bonkers, I spent a long time taking things apart trying to find the source. The noise sounded like a retainer clip, springy kind of noise every time I hit a bump, eventually though it became almost constant. The noise seemed to be coming from behind the driver side vent, but after much searching I found the noise repeated by hitting the dash beside the electric park brake switch.

Voila.....followed the noise and thought it was the wiring harness connector.....however it appears that the e-brake cable itself has a very annoying rattle to it. Ram made an attempt to insulate the cable and secure it, however this still allowed much movement to the cable. My home made solution was to wrap the cable with two micro fibre clothes around the cable and secure it from moving. I'll be taking it to the dealer to find a more suitable permanent solution, however this may solve several people's problems with what seemed to be a dash cluster rattle or vent rattle as the noise seems to float up the dash.

Hope this helps! I'm now rattle free!
I have this rattle and man, was it hard for me to find! I put several zip ties around the foam “sleeve” that wraps the cable. My thinking is that it would tighten the sleeve around the rattling cable inside. It is much better. However, I still occasionally hear the rattle, so not sure if the dealer has a better solution?

axellamas

Reaction score
I just got a 2021 rebel and I have a rattle coming from the gauge cluster, sounds like it is coming from temperature gauge.
I took the dash apart and am confident that this is where it’s coming from.
it only happens on certain small bumps and imperfections on the road.
super annoying and this truck cost 80000 Canadian dollars. I am taking it back to the dealer in a couple of days.
Hello friend , I have same problem, you solve this issue ?

jljbtm

Reaction score
YES! And this is on a $ 85,000.00 Canadian Limited. Somewhere inside the configurable (?) centre console that the owners manual has no information that I could find, but I did download a manual that had a little info. It is so nice and smooth and quiet on the pavement but on bumpy gravel roads there is a rattle in the console , ..........shouldn't have to but I'm going to dive in and see whats in there. (Bad feelings with dealer)
I have an $85,000 Limited from Canada too

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey there,

For our Canadian Customers experiencing this issue, we'd recommend reaching out Ram Customer Care in Canada. They can be reached via direct messaging on Facebook here: Ram Trucks Canada or by phone here: 1-800-465-2001.

Callie
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread