5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior lights (oem to led)

JbVt

Reaction score
Any luck with your replacement bulbs? Swapped out all of my halogen interior for Lasfit LED and have the flicker on start up as well. Checked and no loose connections so not sure what the issue is.
Only the blue footwell leds flicker on start up from what I can tell. The only other non factory leds I put in were the vanity mirror lights and those won't turn on until the truck is running anyways. The rest of my interiors are LED due to the pano sunroof option.

JbVt

Reaction score
Yes, all my Rams (three of them) that I’ve installed LEDs on the inside have flickered when the engine is turning over or cranking when starting. I’ve owned diesels where the interior light dimmed severely when Turing over the massive engine. The engine and all those electrical components on our computers on wheels are drawing from the battery. Dimming or flickering when starting is normal. Dimming or flickering when driving down the highway or through the neighborhood is abnormal and should be checked.

And no report back from JbVt on the replacement Lasfits he received. I’ll guarantee they did nothing to resolve his perceived issue as this is normal. Would be interesting to hear a report from him.
I agree, although it is only the Lasfit led that flickers. None of the factory LEDs. Lasfit did send me another pair of them and I swapped one and found nothing changed. Still flicker on startup.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Anyone replaced the interior with the blue Diode Dynamics leds? I’ve done all mine except the dome light - they don’t have a direct replacement, the bulb they offer is this loop-style, not the festoon kind that fits. The lasfit blue isn’t the same color…. Wondering if anyone has found a good substitute?

Users who are viewing this thread