5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior lights (oem to led)

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
If you have the factory LEDs in the foot well or under the seats you can purchase different color or cool white LED boards from here:
Their LEDs are slightly brighter than stock.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm mine just started flickering on startup last night. I’ve got an email into Lasfit.
Thanks.
Strange. Frustrating when something so simple takes extra effort. I'm sure they'll figure it out. Good luck!

Cheebie

Reaction score
If you have the factory LEDs in the foot well or under the seats you can purchase different color or cool white LED boards from here:
Just looked at the link, very cool and priced well. May be an option for sure

JbVt

Reaction score
Officially completely LED. Replaced the crummy yellow vanity mirror bulbs for diode dynamic SMF1 LEDs. Glad I went with the single LED chip. Pretty sure the double would scar your retina! 😎 Price is great also!

Attachments

• BAE2A1DE-72B7-4308-8785-DC71A42C878F.jpeg
    BAE2A1DE-72B7-4308-8785-DC71A42C878F.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 665EE64B-DDE5-4F95-BE1F-C841692E4353.png
    665EE64B-DDE5-4F95-BE1F-C841692E4353.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 86

sparty569

Reaction score
I did all of mine .
Haven’t had any issues yet , and they are very bright
I used these. Got green LED's for the interior. The look awesome!

I'll have to take the upper map lights down again tho, because for some reason, the driver light has been flicking off and on lately. Other than that, they look great.

JbVt

Reaction score
I used these. Got green LED's for the interior. The look awesome!

I'll have to take the upper map lights down again tho, because for some reason, the driver light has been flicking off and on lately. Other than that, they look great.
I have the ice blue for footwells(thanks kdoublep) and they both flicker only when I start my truck. Almost like a power surge happens, been emailing with Lasfit to see about exchanging them.

JbVt

Reaction score
Strange. Frustrating when something so simple takes extra effort. I'm sure they'll figure it out. Good luck!
Update: Lasfit is sending a new pair of leds. Will report back after I swap them.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Great. I bought a whole set of LEDs from Diode Dynamics, have been reading and watching videos on how to replace the footwell lights, but somehow missed this one until now. After spending the last hour trying to figure out why the lights in my truck don’t look anything like the ones in the instructions I’ve seen. That’s a nice waste of money for the one mod I really wanted.

Vol4Life

Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500 Laramie with night edition. If I've read people's posts correctly, I should already have LED footwell lights but I should be able to get the Lasfit dome and map lights? I don't really want to mess with the cargo/third brake light since I've read the issues about the push to start or keyfob issue or whatever it is. Any other lights I'm not thinking about that I could upgrade to LEDs?

Fatherdeath

Reaction score
just swapped all in cab lights today huge improvement, map lights were a tad more difficult but only took like 30 min total still

raj

Reaction score
I placed my name on paragoptics back order list. I also want the upgrade that has rear foot lights

bendini

Reaction score
Update: Lasfit is sending a new pair of leds. Will report back after I swap them.
Any luck with your replacement bulbs? Swapped out all of my halogen interior for Lasfit LED and have the flicker on start up as well. Checked and no loose connections so not sure what the issue is.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any luck with your replacement bulbs? Swapped out all of my halogen interior for Lasfit LED and have the flicker on start up as well. Checked and no loose connections so not sure what the issue is.
All flicker or a specific light?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Footwell, map and dome all flicker slightly but only when engine starts. All lasfit and no issues outside of that, fade out properly too.
Yes, all my Rams (three of them) that I’ve installed LEDs on the inside have flickered when the engine is turning over or cranking when starting. I’ve owned diesels where the interior light dimmed severely when Turing over the massive engine. The engine and all those electrical components on our computers on wheels are drawing from the battery. Dimming or flickering when starting is normal. Dimming or flickering when driving down the highway or through the neighborhood is abnormal and should be checked.

And no report back from JbVt on the replacement Lasfits he received. I’ll guarantee they did nothing to resolve his perceived issue as this is normal. Would be interesting to hear a report from him.

Last edited:

bendini

Reaction score
Yes, all my Rams (three of them) that I’ve installed LEDs on the inside have flickered when the engine is turning over or cranking when starting. I’ve owned diesels where the interior light dimmed severely when Turing over the massive engine. The engine and all those electrical components on our computers on wheels are drawing from the battery. Dimming or flickering when starting is normal. Dimming or flickering when driving down the highway or through the neighborhood is abnormal and should be checked.

And no report back from JbVt on the replacement Lasfits he received. I’ll guarantee they did nothing to solve his received issue as this is normal. Would be interesting to hear a report from him.
That’s good to know. Thanks man!

jzinckgra

Reaction score
So you can't upgrade/replace the foot well and door handle lights in the laramie?

Users who are viewing this thread