5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Lights not working

kdnyegaard

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited. I noticed that none of the light strips turn on when the door is opened as it did on my 2017 RAM 1500. What gives? Anyone else experienced that?

th3duke

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited. I noticed that none of the light strips turn on when the door is opened as it did on my 2017 RAM 1500. What gives? Anyone else experienced that?
Stupid question for you: did you try to turn up the dimmer? There are two dimmer switches, one for the ambient lighting and another for the dash lighting. Sorry if I miss-understood your question about light strips. If it's your interior lights that you're talking about (the ones on the ceiling) there's a switch in between the SOS and Assistance button that controls those.

DennisY

Reaction score
My overhead lights won't come on either. And there is no switch between the Assist and SOS buttons. That appears to be a sensor of some type.

AlexSolares

Reaction score
My overhead lights won't come on either. And there is no switch between the Assist and SOS buttons. That appears to be a sensor of some type.
Hello Dennis...I just took delivery of my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited this afternoon and just got home and having the same exact issue as you. Were you able to resolve it? Want to fix my issue... Thanks.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
^^^Exactly...as @Capt Joe stated above. I wondered why mine wasn't coming on either the night I picked her up. Looked at all of the switches and found the one above was "OFF". If only all fixes were this easy!

DennisY

Reaction score
Hello Dennis...I just took delivery of my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited this afternoon and just got home and having the same exact issue as you. Were you able to resolve it? Want to fix my issue... Thanks.

In my case, I had the dealer look at it while I was in for recall work. They determined that the overhead console needs replacing. They did reseat the connector and got it working though. They didn't have the console in stock so I may skip replacement unless it goes back out.

Meetis

Reaction score
I saw your question about light and I have a question about how much light shoud there be, in my case only part in red has light, the area in green has no light, does it have to be like that or am I missing bulbs inside
ffa4972433d09e281f9ac4e358d764ab.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Yup, mine was off when I picked her up too... Took a bit to figure it out FCA's hyroglyphics could be better
You also have to remember that for many of these switches, pushing in means off and pushing out means on. And the lights on the buttons, lit means off and unlit means on. Definitely takes some getting used to.......

DennisY

Reaction score
I saw your question about light and I have a question about how much light shoud there be, in my case only part in red has light, the area in green has no light, does it have to be like that or am I missing bulbs inside
ffa4972433d09e281f9ac4e358d764ab.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mine is the same as yours. Strange. Think I will ask about it next time I am at the dealer.

RedRam318

Reaction score
I was having issues with the map lights and the tailgate button not working on overhead panel. However the rear window still worked. Took panel off under steering wheel and checked the F33, F31, and F30 fuses. All were good, but just plugging them back in seem to fix the issue. Had some loose fuses under the hood as well. So hopefully that will help anyone having same issues.

rfcnro

Reaction score
Having the same problem. Dropped off 1st time, they said nothing is wrong so I showed them and rescheduled. Dropped off a second time and they said needs a new console - backorder. Dropped a third time told it needs a body control module - on order. Dropped it off a forth time, thought i could wait and they said they need it over night, bring it back. Dropping off tomorrow for a 2 day appointment.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Having the same problem. Dropped off 1st time, they said nothing is wrong so I showed them and rescheduled. Dropped off a second time and they said needs a new console - backorder. Dropped a third time told it needs a body control module - on order. Dropped it off a forth time, thought i could wait and they said they need it over night, bring it back. Dropping off tomorrow for a 2 day appointment.

Hi rfcnro,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble that has been associated with your RAM ownership experience. If it would be of interest, we would be more than happy to have this documented and escalate a case on your behalf for an additional layer of assistance as you work with your dealer. Please send us a private message to get the process started.

Mark
RamCares

Dlr121

Reaction score
I was having issues with the map lights and the tailgate button not working on overhead panel. However the rear window still worked. Took panel off under steering wheel and checked the F33, F31, and F30 fuses. All were good, but just plugging them back in seem to fix the issue. Had some loose fuses under the hood as well. So hopefully that will help anyone having same issues.
I just noticed today my map lights are not working and tailgate open button aren't working and my auto slide is working. I check the fuses like you did and no luck. I guess I'll take it in to the dealer. Thanks for the post.

DennisY

Reaction score
Any word on the partially lit LEDs? I have the same issue and hope to put some much brighter bulbs than the current output.
Thanks

The dealer fixed mine. I suspect it was the connector up inside the unit, as others have mentioned in the forums. Mine has worked just fine since the dealer took care of it.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealer fixed mine. I suspect it was the connector up inside the unit, as others have mentioned in the forums. Mine has worked just fine since the dealer took care of it.
does your show light to all the clear len? can i see the picture?

Users who are viewing this thread