5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior LED Lights swap out possible?

MDBumblebee

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is Allen with Fyre Flys LEDs. I will be happy to answer any questions about our kits for the 2019 Ram.

A placement diagram is included so you know which bulb goes where. Detailed instructions are not included but you dont really need them. Installation is very simple and we include a non marring tool to help with the process. We ship the LEDs in a secure, thick bubble lined package so they will arrive safely. We warranty interior bulbs for 2 years and exterior bulbs for 1 year due to more exposure. Attached are a few pics from a customer that got the 5050 series kit. 3014 are even brighter but nothing crazy.

Anyone get that placement diagram? My kit didn't have it.

stepbill

Reaction score
I've replaced all the led's except for the top glove box. I pulled the holder out of the top part but I am not sure on how to open the little box that holds the bulb. How did you do yours?

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Vanity visor lights, the third brake light and the two bed cargo lights (on each side of the third brake light) are not LED. Everything else on the limited is LED.
Dumb Question - but not dumb yet, as I do not have my truck until mid-week. How do you turn on the top of cab truck bed light? Is it on one of the 2 rhetoric dials that dim the dash lights? It it on the top console? Just curious. My Avalanche's upper bed light did not have a manual on switch It only went on when the dome exit lights went on at night. Was kinda useless.

jshirlotsky

Reaction score
Dumb Question - but not dumb yet, as I do not have my truck until mid-week. How do you turn on the top of cab truck bed light? Is it on one of the 2 rhetoric dials that dim the dash lights? It it on the top console? Just curious. My Avalanche's upper bed light did not have a manual on switch It only went on when the dome exit lights went on at night. Was kinda useless.

There’s a button on the dash by the headlight switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stepbill

Reaction score
Can no one tell me on how to put the replace the bulb in the upper glove box? I can remove the light housing but do not know how to open the holder to replace the bulb.

KRField

Reaction score
Can no one tell me on how to put the replace the bulb in the upper glove box? I can remove the light housing but do not know how to open the holder to replace the bulb.

Sorry, I don’t think anyone has done the upper glove box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freeblazin

Reaction score
The Vanity visor lights, the third brake light and the two bed cargo lights (on each side of the third brake light) are not LED. Everything else on the limited is LED.

Also the lower glove box (T10 Bulb). I just switched out all these incandescent bulbs on my Limited with the Fyre Flys 3014 Kit along with the third brake light from Antline.

I was very hesitant and cautious when removing the vanity mirror light covers. I attempted the pry tool, small flat head, and pick with no success. Using a flat razorblade worked perfect for me as it was the only thing that fit in the gap. I pushed it straight in till it bottomed out and pried outward gently to lift the covers out. Pics attached. You can see the four small tabs that hold each cover in.

20190730_142821.jpg
20190730_142848.jpg
20190730_142924.jpg
20190730_143059.jpg

Last edited:

deanfx

Reaction score
Also the lower glove box (T10 Bulb). I just switched out all these incandescent bulbs on my Limited with the Fyre Flys 3014 Kit along with the third brake light from Antline.

I was very hesitant and cautious when removing the vanity mirror light covers. I attempted the pry tool, small flat head, and pick with no success. Using a flat razorblade worked perfect for me as it was the only thing that fit in the gap. I pushed it straight in till it bottomed out and pried outward gently to lift the covers out. Pics attached. You can see the four small tabs that hold each cover in.

View attachment 32225
View attachment 32226
View attachment 32227
View attachment 32228
Thanks for the info. I have the LEDs but the interior is so bright after the LED swap I'm worried it will be over bright.

scujr

Reaction score
Here is a list I used to swap out bulbs to led
Qty 1 - 42 MM Festoon LED 211-2 - Location - Dome
Qty 7 - T10 168 194 5SMD W5W - Locations - Qty 2 Map Lights / Qty 2 Footwells / Qty 2 Cargo / Qty 1 Glove Box
Qty 1 - T10 168 194 W16W Red LED - Location - 3rd Brake Light
Qty 4 - 28mm 29mm Festoon 6614F - Location Vanity

Notes - For the Bulbs that go in the Map light location I would avoid the bulbs that just have a small wire as the contact. The map light sockets are very hard to keep on the small contact points. If i have to replace I will get the Wedge style . All the other locations had no problem with the wire contact. You will more than likely have to squeeze the contacts on the Dome light to fit the LED contact ends for better fit. I used 2825 and 3014 LEDs. My truck already had the Premium LED light group so I did not have to replace the lights on the License Plate.

bamanerd

Reaction score
I can vouch for this. I used this exact bulb list for mine, and they all work flawlessly. I paid 20 bucks, I think, for the entire lot of them. I swapped them all out in under an hour this morning. I took a few pics that I'll try and upload a little later. I have to head out shortly.

Also.....As far as the little wires go, I just used my finger nail to push them out to the edge of the little plastic piece before inserting them into the socket, and they line up just fine. You can even adjust them once socketed, barely. Just lift the retention clip/connector with your nail, and use your tiny screwdriver to seat the wire underneath. All of this depends, however, on the overhead console being in your lap.....versus still installed in the truck. Taking the console down, and reinstalling it, were the easiest steps in the whole process. Good luck guys!

Cheers :coffee:

**Edit**
Here are some pics. I've included a pic of the small screwdriver that I used to get the vanity light covers off. Just push straight in at each of the tab points, prying them open one at a time. There are a total of 4. You'll see them. Make sure you're in all the way before you pry each section, or you risk scratching something. It's easiest to pry the two inside tabs on each cover. It will then pull off.

**Edit**
I just did my 3rd brake and cargo lights. The cargo lights are the same T10 bulbs that I used in everything else. I now have 3 of 10 left over as spares. The 3rd brake light is the same exact sized bulb, only the light output is red. I've included a picture of it already installed in the housing.

Attachments

• smallScrewdriver.JPG
    smallScrewdriver.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 109
  • newMapOldDome.JPG
    newMapOldDome.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 107
  • newMapNewDome.JPG
    newMapNewDome.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 110
  • openDome.JPG
    openDome.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 106
  • oldDome.JPG
    oldDome.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 105
  • newDome.JPG
    newDome.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 104
  • thirdBrakeBulb.JPG
    thirdBrakeBulb.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 91
  • thirdBrake.JPG
    thirdBrake.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 89
  • rearCargo.JPG
    rearCargo.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

bamanerd

Reaction score
One thing that I've noticed: The bulb for the dome light that I ordered is a 41-42mm(actually a 41mm). It's a little small in the socket. It can shake loose if bumped frequently, so I'd assume heavy off road use would shake it loose too. I've ordered one that looks to be just a 42mm, so hopefully it'll fit a little more snugly. I'll let you know when it gets here.

scujr

Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J5XMX81/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (3rd brake light) 2 pack - 1 used 1 spare
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C1X5HZJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (10 pack - floor , map, cargo, glove box, ) 7 used 3 spare
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PRNM5B3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1 (dome) 4 pack 1 used 3 spare
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MPNT96F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (vanity) 4 pack 4 used 0 spare

here are links to the ones I bought - I like the T10 bulbs but didn't like how hard it was getting them to connect in the Map light sockets. All other sockets were no problem.
The vanity bulbs are really too bright if you actually want to use the vanity mirror .

Users who are viewing this thread