5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instrument Cluster Lens Replacement

tac63

Reaction score
Good Morning All,

I have a 2019 Laramie 1500 (new body style) and am looking to replace the instrument cluster lens. The current lens appears to have spots all over it where the plastic discolored that appear to need replacement to fix. It appears I can buy just the lens, not the whole cluster which is what I am looking to do. It appears there are multiple lens part numbers which I believe is for all the different trims, if so I would love to replace my current lens with one from the limited with the blue rings around the tach and speedometer, since my truck is blue pearl with a blue interior theme.
20210204_073251.jpg Limited Cluster.JPG

Does anyone know if changing to a limited cluster lens would get the blue rings, or if the blue rings are part of the lens piece? My dealer didn't know since he doesn't have either in stock. If so I can find a limited vin online and order the matching lens.

Thanks!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good Morning All,

I have a 2019 Laramie 1500 (new body style) and am looking to replace the instrument cluster lens. The current lens appears to have spots all over it where the plastic discolored that appear to need replacement to fix. It appears I can buy just the lens, not the whole cluster which is what I am looking to do. It appears there are multiple lens part numbers which I believe is for all the different trims, if so I would love to replace my current lens with one from the limited with the blue rings around the tach and speedometer, since my truck is blue pearl with a blue interior theme.
View attachment 83078 View attachment 83079

Does anyone know if changing to a limited cluster lens would get the blue rings, or if the blue rings are part of the lens piece? My dealer didn't know since he doesn't have either in stock. If so I can find a limited vin online and order the matching lens.

Thanks!
No, the lens/mask won’t provide the blue lit rings. Those are parts of the actual gauges, which are part of the instrument cluster itself.

tac63

Reaction score
No, the lens/mask won’t provide the blue lit rings. Those are parts of the actual gauges, which are part of the instrument cluster itself.
Thank you sir, appreciate the response. Not sure why there are so many lens part numbers then. Thank you though!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Good Morning All,

Thanks!
If your lens is spotting, would it not be covered under warranty?

tac63

Reaction score
If your lens is spotting, would it not be covered under warranty?
It probably should be, but I can easily see the dealer saying something chemical landed on it causing it. Don't have a way to prove otherwise.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
It probably should be, but I can easily see the dealer saying something chemical landed on it causing it. Don't have a way to prove otherwise.
You won't know unless you let them look at it. You may be surprised ;)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That would be his opinion. You really don't know until you at least have them look at it.

ijanderson29

Reaction score
Good Morning All,

Thannk

Good Morning All,

Thanks!
Hello! Do you happen to know the part number for just the lens? I am in the same predicament as i have some scratches on my lens. Is it part number 68415494aa?

Also do you know how difficult it is to install? alot of labor?

THanks!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hello! Do you happen to know the part number for just the lens? I am in the same predicament as i have some scratches on my lens. Is it part number 68415494aa?

Also do you know how difficult it is to install? alot of labor?

THanks!
You can always call your local dealers parts department to get the part number for everything on your truck😉

ijanderson29

Reaction score
You can always call your local dealers parts department to get the part number for everything on your truck😉
For sure! Unfortunately the lady at the service department tried to tell me that I have to replace the entire instrument cluster assembly $600+ and that just the lens/glass piece can't be replaced alone. Granted that was the service department and not parts but that's why I like to use this forum as a better resource, especially when its on this exact topic and someone experienced it... I will call parts though and see if I get the same BS. Thanks.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, she may be correct. There are several parts that you cannot purchase separately that are part of a larger assembly. Let’s hope she’s wrong for your sake.

Zplott

Reaction score
Good Morning All,

I am pretty sure that is option number 4 in the screen setup for the laramie. It is in the settings on the infotainment screen.

Klicht87

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that is option number 4 in the screen setup for the laramie. It is in the settings on the infotainment screen.
You get the blue screen background but the blue rings are part of the Limited cluster. The fancy limited cluster is one of the few things that isn't an option for lower models. It has the limited "stitching design in the gauge cluster just like the leather.

tac63

Reaction score
I can confirm this part can be replaced but don't have the part number for my Laramie on me. I can look through receipts and see if I can find mine. My part was right around $90 and is called the lens cluster mask. I called up to a dealer in my area and they gave me the part number and ordered off my VIN. There are multiple variations and the piece is the clear lens and the black plastic "separation" pieces that sit on the gauge. Replacement was easy, I have another post if you look at my post history where I document changing it/installing a custom RAM backlight filter.
The dealer I used was Victory Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, 913-334-2700, if nothing else you can give them a call with your VIN and get the part number.

Users who are viewing this thread