5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed Du Ha storage box

Tellsch

Reaction score
Just installed this today, what a great solution to maximize that space! Install was easy, great fit and looks factory.

The only knock I have, and it's not on duha, between the slush mats and the duha, access to the in floor storage is more difficult. You have to lift the duha off the mat and then lift the mat off the bin to get into it. Good news is with the added storage the duha gives, I actually emptied by bins.

Great buy!

cash4trash

Reaction score
Yep. Wish that Ram woulda did this from the factory and saved me 175 bucks. LOL

Chris

Bobkid

Reaction score
Just installed this today, what a great solution to maximize that space! Install was easy, great fit and looks factory.

The only knock I have, and it's not on duha, between the slush mats and the duha, access to the in floor storage is more difficult. You have to lift the duha off the mat and then lift the mat off the bin to get into it. Good news is with the added storage the duha gives, I actually emptied by bins.

Great buy!

Yeah, now that mine is in I've actually got almost too much room. I know me and I'll end up filling the empty space with extraneous crap if I'm not careful.

Good news is I was able to consolidate several smaller first aid kits into one large trauma bag with all the space.

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
Glad I found this thread. Just ordered one for myself. Amazon sells them for $179, the Du-Ha website is $199.
Here's another discussion about the different underseat storage options. I love my Du-Ha, use it a lot.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey Silver, did you have that factory box? It wasn't difficult, just more steps. Those seat mounting bolts were a MF though, especially the one on passenger side. I have some loctite, but didn't re apply. Probably should've, but it's fine thread and torqued to probably 60-70 lbs

Chris
No i didn't have the factory box there, just empty space. I used a 3/4 drive socket wrench since you know the bolts will be a pain and the 3/4 drive wrench is longer for more torque. Once they break loose you expect them to come out easy but they dont spin free because of the lock tight.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Great buy!
I am thinking about trimming the mats...............

JMO1974

Reaction score
Thank you all for this thread. So helpful to have all this info. Just installed the DuHa tonight. Those bolts came off relatively easily, but only because I read here about their tightness and used a 1/2” quite long torque wrench. Cranked it down to about 90 ft-lbs, didn’t add more loctite. I have the Mopar all weather mats and the duha does require lifting to move the mat to access the storage bins

4x4Laramie

Reaction score
I didn't read this entire thread, but I did this and would recommend a long handled or extendable handle ratchet. I used a breaker bar to get mine loose.

TAK

Reaction score
I like my box...only thing I would (thinking how to) like is the box to have a split lid, so that you could open it with the passenger side seat down . A lot of times I have the DS up and only use that as a quick dump place.

singlerail

Reaction score
I like my box...only thing I would (thinking how to) like is the box to have a split lid, so that you could open it with the passenger side seat down . A lot of times I have the DS up and only use that as a quick dump place.
circular saw would cut that plastic into two like hot knife in butter

CJW

Reaction score
Had a duha in my y old truck and loved it. Not necessarily a fan of having to lift it to get into the boxes under the floor, but glad to know the duha is big enough to hold whatever is in there. I can stick all the things that fall into the "i'll never use this, but I sure as hell wont throw it away just in case".

I gotta take a look and see what it takes to remove the factory storage now (thought it should be fairly easy.)

Users who are viewing this thread