5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed Du Ha storage box

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had the Du Ha installed for about 6 months now and yes there are two rifle slots. You can use them for one scoped gun and one non scoped gun. they are stable and don't jostle around or rattle in my truck. I thought the install was easy and expected to find loctite since who would want these bolts to vibrate loose? I actually reapplied some more loctite since when you remove the bolts some does wear off.

cash4trash

Reaction score
Are those two rifle storage slots in the picture? if so, have you tried them out yet?
No rifles or shotguns in there yet. They closed my local gun range, so I haven't had a need recently. So, for now, they have jumper cables and some ratchet straps. LOL

Chris

cash4trash

Reaction score
Do you have enough tomorrows to do all the someday projects?
Thanks Jacko LOL, ,the wife's always wondering about the "projects". The RV has the steering column apart because turn signal switch took a crap, what a hassle. I got everything apart and two bolts were stripped.. Gotta clean threads and put back together, probably gonna finish this week.

The Willy's, Well, the hold up is my mechanic buddy. I have the motor sitting in his shop, I think he's got more projects than me. HAHA.

Chris

cash4trash

Reaction score
I have had the Du Ha installed for about 6 months now and yes there are two rifle slots. You can use them for one scoped gun and one non scoped gun. they are stable and don't jostle around or rattle in my truck. I thought the install was easy and expected to find loctite since who would want these bolts to vibrate loose? I actually reapplied some more loctite since when you remove the bolts some does wear off.
Hey Silver, did you have that factory box? It wasn't difficult, just more steps. Those seat mounting bolts were a MF though, especially the one on passenger side. I have some loctite, but didn't re apply. Probably should've, but it's fine thread and torqued to probably 60-70 lbs

Chris

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks Jacko LOL, ,the wife's always wondering about the "projects". The RV has the steering column apart because turn signal switch took a crap, what a hassle. I got everything apart and two bolts were stripped.. Gotta clean threads and put back together, probably gonna finish this week.

The Willy's, Well, the hold up is my mechanic buddy. I have the motor sitting in his shop, I think he's got more projects than me. HAHA.

Chris
Enjoy the projects, I empathize with you.

"Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.”

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey Silver, did you have that factory box? It wasn't difficult, just more steps. Those seat mounting bolts were a MF though, especially the one on passenger side. I have some loctite, but didn't re apply. Probably should've, but it's fine thread and torqued to probably 60-70 lbs

Chris
No i didnt have anything under the seat, so for me it was a fresh install. I used a 1/2 inch drive socket and they came loose pretty easy since the wrench was long and gave me good leverage.

cash4trash

Reaction score
No i didnt have anything under the seat, so for me it was a fresh install. I used a 1/2 inch drive socket and they came loose pretty easy since the wrench was long and gave me good leverage.
Nice. I have a Milwaukee cordless ratchet, and it wouldn't remove the bolts. Its rated at 55 lbs I think. I tried a 1/2 inch ratchet with the socket, but it worked easier using the Milwaukee as a ratchet.. I like the du ha, fits great under seat, and people don't know it's there.. Chris

Tellsch

Reaction score
It looks like you have the husky rear mat, does that interfere at all with the duha? Does it just sit on top of the mat?

This seems like by far the best under seat storage option out there!

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
It looks like you have the husky rear mat, does that interfere at all with the duha? Does it just sit on top of the mat?

i have maxliner mats and they dont interfere with mine.

LuvGun

Reaction score
Amazon has it for $156.10, free shipping

cash4trash

Reaction score

just sits on top of mat. I seen that another member installed a Husky, but said only a Du Ha fit without interfering with the floor liners. Totally looks like factory, and RAM shoulda made it stock instead of that piece of wood with carpet wrapped around it. SMFH

Chris

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
I like having stuff stored in cab outta the way. However, I did look at the Swingbox, I think it's called.

Chris
I had the swingcases in my sierra and really liked them. I just dont want any toolboxes in the bed of this one. I always seemed to carry more junk than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/