5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed Bedrug for Multifunction Tailgate w/ Rambox too

Texas Truck

Reaction score
Like many other on this forum I wanted a full bedbug for my Limited w/ Rambox. I also had the (almost) impossible MF tailgate. Finally got it installed today. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_9958.jpg
    IMG_9958.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_9960.jpg
    IMG_9960.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 642

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Like many other on this forum I wanted a full bedbug for my Limited w/ Rambox. I also had the (almost) impossible MF tailgate. Finally got it installed today. Let me know what you think.
I think I want just the floor portion. Where did you get this?

Texas Truck

Reaction score
I bought the full Bedrug classic for the 1500 DS on Amazon and separated the tailgate piece from the bed. From there I simply cut the tailgate pieces with a utility knife and the local rug shop did a quick bind on the edge for $20

O Captain My Captian

Reaction score
I think I want just the floor portion. Where did you get this?
Did you ever just get the floor portion? I am looking for a similar solution but don't know if the DS ("Classic") bed with Rambox is the same as the DT bed with Rambox.

O Captain My Captian

Reaction score
Were there any fitment issues with the bedliner? Does this mean that the DS and DT truck beds with RamBox are the same dimensions? I think you had a very elegant solution here.

O Captain My Captian

Reaction score
So I ordered the Bedrug Classic spec'd for a 2019 1500 with RamBox for my 2020 1500. I also ordered the tailgate portion separately. Once my truck arrives (hopefully in the next 5 days), I'll do the install. I plan on having the tailgate portion trimmed and finished like Texas Truck did.

I've ordered all the pieces to put in the truck but have no truck to put the into.....Mopar mats, Pedal Commander, Bedrug

humor4life26

Reaction score
You did a fantastic job, Texas Truck. My '20 Ram 1500 will arrive soon and I've been looking for the right way to go with my rambox and MFT. You've shown me the way. Nicely done, sir!

humor4life26

Reaction score
Hello Texas Truck, I love the workaround you came up with for our trucks with Rambox and MFT. My 2020 Ram 1500 Limited will come in next week and I want to replicate your solution. Did you just cut the tailgate piece away from the bed piece and then cut the tailgate piece into a 60/40 piece? If so, what did tools did you use to get such clean cuts? When you went to the rug store did they sew the nice edging on to the cut pieces? Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions, I want to get it right!

Texas Truck

Reaction score
Loving it still. I did cut the tailgate section from the main section and also removed the piece that would normally fold into the tailgate. Using a straight edge and a sharp utility knife. I then cut the two pieces of tailgate out of that section. The carpet guy had a black edge material that almost matched exactly to factory and he folded it over my cut end and ran it through a commercial sewing machine (looked 70 years old). Sorry for the delayed response. let me know if you need more.

dfspt

Reaction score
Very nice solution! How did the tailgate portion attach? Did you use same tape and adhesive promoter that came with Bedrug?
thanks, Doug

RiggerRoy

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to go outside and attempt the same thing with my 21 limited w mft. I thought Id do a quick search to see if anyone else had tried it yet. This is exactly how I had planned on doing it, thanks for the pictures it helps a lot!

RiggerRoy

Reaction score
All done! Well kind of. I have to find some binding and see it on. If you're wondering what bed accessories work with bed rug, I have MFT, bed lights, lower tie downs, bed rail, "Mopar" bed divider, Right On replacement brackets, and a Truxedo Low Pro tonneau cover. It all works with minor cutting on the bed rug. Not quite as pretty as Texas Truck's but I'm pleased.

Attachments

• 20210723_150030.jpg
    20210723_150030.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 20210723_150037.jpg
    20210723_150037.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 165

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
@RiggerRoy & @Texas Truck

I dont have Ramboxes... my bedrug is cut and already bound by local rug shop.

1. Did you guys remove the Factory MFT Brackets/Righton brackets - install bedrug and then put brackets over the rug or just cut the rug around the brackets ?
2. How did you guys find the spots to put factory Utility Rails bolts ?
3. Whats the best way to cut out factory Bed-Lights on bedrug ? I read that factory marked template on bedrug is off - and it ruined peoples bedrug.

Thanks in advance for the tips.

firemanjay

Reaction score
Cross posted this in "What did you do to your truck today"
Waiting for Bedrug to arrive, will cut out tailgate mat, because I installed this today, will have it banded soon.

Attachments

• 20210908_153147.jpg
    20210908_153147.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210908_153120.jpg
    20210908_153120.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 20210908_153111.jpg
    20210908_153111.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 85

firemanjay

Reaction score
Did you remove the bed lights prior 5o installation of the bedrug? Or just cut around them?

Saeed

Reaction score
That really looks great. I have a 2019 Laramie with the ram box also. So all I need to do is small adjustments and it will be set right?
I never saw a part made by bedrug to fit the new style with the rambox.
Please let me know.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That really looks great. I have a 2019 Laramie with the ram box also. So all I need to do is small adjustments and it will be set right?
I never saw a part made by bedrug to fit the new style with the rambox.
Please let me know.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
You can buy the bedrug for a 1500 classic with ramboxes and it'll fit.

RamRob1

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Multifunction tailgate. I ended up just doing the floor in my bed, but I cant find the tailgate piece anywhere. I have the full one but decided I dont want to cut that.

Users who are viewing this thread