5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incoming call volume u conect painfully loud.

Thatsme06

Reaction score
Update: My dealer called me last Friday and indicated that FCA had a brand new update to address the loud incoming call volume. I went in yesterday to have the update installed, and it wouldn't load. It actually destroyed my Uconnect system, so they ended up replacing it with one from a new 2019 truck on the lot. All better now!
Would you happen to know if the truck they pulled it from was also a bighorn? Also when you do get an alert or while in call what your volume is set at?

I just got an email from the shop foreman saying star center got with engineering and there saying default volume is set at 15 and can only be changed in the instance? There's no way that's the case if every truck is not doing this I just don't get it.

Florida Truck

Reaction score
As far as I know and from what I am told from my Uconnect case manager, the volume in not suppose to default to the loud 15 setting. I have a appointment next week for the latest update, which they tell me will solve all issues. My radio is oem with my truck 8.4 screen no navigation , bighorn

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
8.4 no nav. Big Horn. Iphone. Scares me every time!

reigninslayer

Reaction score
I received a Twitter DM from Ramcares and was told TSB NUMBER: 08-003-19 REV. CGROUP: 08 - Electrical DATE: August 29, 2019 is the fix for the volume quirk. Curious if anyone had this TSB applied and did it work?

Florida Truck

Reaction score
I go in Monday the 16th for that update. I’ll let ya all know if it works

Thatsme06

Reaction score
I just picked my truck up last night it is fully up to date and still yells at you, it did it pulling out of the parking lot with the voice guidance navigation they had on. Was told there is nothing more they can do at a a dealer level.

I honestly thought it was just android users with the issue, has anyone tried removing there phone from Bluetooth and plugging in through android auto/ car play to see if it's just Bluetooth notifications? Might help for now aside from using any voice guidance in the truck I will try this tonight.

reigninslayer

Reaction score
I just picked my truck up last night it is fully up to date and still yells at you, it did it pulling out of the parking lot with the voice guidance navigation they had on. Was told there is nothing more they can do at a a dealer level.

I honestly thought it was just android users with the issue, has anyone tried removing there phone from Bluetooth and plugging in through android auto/ car play to see if it's just Bluetooth notifications? Might help for now aside from using any voice guidance in the truck I will try this tonight.

I have my phone plugged in through CarPlay and the default volume is 15 every time a new text comes through. Very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Florida Truck

Reaction score
☹️, If we get enough people to call an complain maybe they’ll take it seriously

SS2112

Reaction score
Would you happen to know if the truck they pulled it from was also a bighorn? Also when you do get an alert or while in call what your volume is set at?

I just got an email from the shop foreman saying star center got with engineering and there saying default volume is set at 15 and can only be changed in the instance? There's no way that's the case if every truck is not doing this I just don't get it.
It came from a 2019 Bighorn. 8.4 w/o Nav. Not sure what the incoming volume is set at, but I do know it is significantly lower than it was with my original stereo.

AJO

Reaction score
The phone ring when connected to CarPlay is very loud in my 2019 Laramie. Will call dealer tomorrow to try and get it fixed. Also need to have them look at airbag service warning and driver side door does not always unlock when I grab the handle.

RichInMN

Reaction score
Has anyone had this issue resolved in there trucks? It's been a few months and I've heard nothing about an update.
Thankfully I don't get calls too often, but when I do, yikes! We are in the same boat.

Wouldn't mind the option to mute the proximity warning either (while keeping the visual on)

Thatsme06

Reaction score
Yeah wouldn't be bad if it was once a week or so but between me and the wife we get notifications or calls somewhat often. We've learned to plug the phone in but just slips our mind sometimes. It frightens you then instantly ticks you off because of the volume level and shouldn't be doing that. Its gone on too long I don't see how there is not a update or fix for it.

0051 MAR

Reaction score
Just hopping in here to let weigh in. My 2020 Laramie with 12" NAV defaults call volume to 15 every time. I'll be checking with Uconnect. Very very annoyed.

SS2112

Reaction score
It came from a 2019 Bighorn. 8.4 w/o Nav. Not sure what the incoming volume is set at, but I do know it is significantly lower than it was with my original stereo.
Update: Incoming calls are the same loudness as everyone else. Annoying!

SS2112

Reaction score
I agree and it startles you
It's a classic case of awarding a contract to the lowest bidder. My 2014 & 2016 Rams had outstanding Uconnect systems. No complaints whatsoever. My service adviser told me that FCA switched from Harmon to Panasonic for suppliers of the Uconnect units, and we are now all paying for it!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's a classic case of awarding a contract to the lowest bidder. My 2014 & 2016 Rams had outstanding Uconnect systems. No complaints whatsoever. My service adviser told me that FCA switched from Harmon to Panasonic for suppliers of the Uconnect units, and we are now all paying for it!
This is interesting , I haven’t had that problem with mine at all .

Users who are viewing this thread