5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incoming call volume u conect painfully loud.

Tmcb

Reaction score
I dont know about the 12” or the u conect with the nav mine is the plain old u conect. Apple ios12 will allow car play to use google maps and waze. So that will be my nav. Im going to try some more tinkering with 2 phones.
I have the same issue with mine. In fact, I am disappointed in uconnect. I had a ‘17 Ram and uconnect would send and receive text messages with my iPhone 7, it would also alert you to favorite songs. All this fancy stuff and we lose the basics.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is bouncing around a few different threads... I'm think a new poll, size of screen, incoming call volume 14 or recalled from last call.

My 16' always remembered the call volume... my 19' does not, 8.4nav using Samsung S7.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have the same issue with mine. In fact, I am disappointed in uconnect. I had a ‘17 Ram and uconnect would send and receive text messages with my iPhone 7, it would also alert you to favorite songs. All this fancy stuff and we lose the basics.
I believe that’s an Apple restriction, not RAM, and as far as I know, you can still get alerts to your favorite songs (I’ve yet to try this but I’m pretty sure it’s there).

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't speak to the 12", but the 8.4nav option for xm notifications is in the favorites menu when you press "browse" and there is on air, remove and settings. I have two to choose from, visual and visual with audio.

Dre79

Reaction score
I just recently purchased my 19 Ram rebel 12 (12 inch screen package) truck. I’m having the same issue where incoming calls and navigation guidance for CarPlay default to 15 even after I turn the volume down while it’s speaking. It can be very startling if you have your music down and all of a sudden you get a call or the navigation directions start up. Tried messing with volume settings in the navigation on the infontainment didn’t make a difference. I tried searching my iPhone X for volume settings but didn’t find a fix. Any help on this would be appreciated thanks.

QuasarZ

Reaction score
I haven’t tried the incoming call yet, but incoming text notifications are way too loud. The voice that says “new text message from” is at level 15 and won’t turn down. I turn it down when she talks but next notification it comes back at volume 15.

Last edited:

gmab

Reaction score
Apparently this is the same for incoming calls.....volume 15. I tried absolutely everything I could think of to get incoming calls at a lower volume to no avail.
Yikes, makes me jump when I have a call.

reigninslayer

Reaction score
Glad I’m not the only one annoyed by this little quirk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmab

Reaction score
My hack is to use an escalating ring tone on the phone. Starts soft and builds to vol 15.

SS2112

Reaction score
Glad I’m not the only one annoyed by this little quirk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, same here! I have the standard 8.4 without Nav. Yesterday, I had my dealership service department perform the TSB 08-003-19 REV. A , which has listed that it fixes the "Ring Tone Too Loud". Well, after a two-hour computer flash procedure, my service adviser called my phone (which was Bluetooth connected to the truck) and the incoming call volume seems louder now! My Iphone 8+ volume was below half (6 bars) and my stereo volume was set at 10. Scared the #$%& out of my service adviser. Needless to say, he is escalating this to FCA. I'll report any findings or fixes, if any.

Florida Truck

Reaction score
I have the same issue, I went to the dealer yesterday for a update, two hours and still the same loud incoming ring tone volume. I called unconnect and there answer was, there is going to be an over the air update in the near future, your vehicle may or may not be included in the update. We need more people to call U connect and lodge a complaint 877-855-8400

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same crazy loud ringtone here as well it’s a pia for sure

Florida Truck

Reaction score
Update on loud phone ring; unconnect case manager called me and advised me to go back to dealer for the latest update that was released on the 16th. The update was preformed and again we tested the call volume, NO CHANGE ☹️, Uconnect was contacted again and they have a technician (uconnect) looking into it.. I’ll keep ya all posted

SS2112

Reaction score
Update on loud phone ring; unconnect case manager called me and advised me to go back to dealer for the latest update that was released on the 16th. The update was preformed and again we tested the call volume, NO CHANGE ☹, Uconnect was contacted again and they have a technician (uconnect) looking into it.. I’ll keep ya all posted
Update: My dealer called me last Friday and indicated that FCA had a brand new update to address the loud incoming call volume. I went in yesterday to have the update installed, and it wouldn't load. It actually destroyed my Uconnect system, so they ended up replacing it with one from a new 2019 truck on the lot. All better now!

Thatsme06

Reaction score
That's good news. I wonder if its just certain units here and there not all of them, there's just not enough people complaining about it I feel.

Sspearsau

Reaction score
Update: My dealer called me last Friday and indicated that FCA had a brand new update to address the loud incoming call volume. I went in yesterday to have the update installed, and it wouldn't load. It actually destroyed my Uconnect system, so they ended up replacing it with one from a new 2019 truck on the lot. All better now!

Do you have Navigation? My biggest frustration is that I changed my guidance volume down to level 1 (from level 15), but whenever I restart the case the setting stays at what I set it at, but the voice goes back to level 15. As a result, I have to go through the multiple step process to toggle it up to level 2 and back down to level 1 to get it back to where I want it. It impacts all alerts from the system.

What version are you currently running now after the radio swap?

Florida Truck

Reaction score
Uconnect contacted me and requested I go to the dealer for the latest update released on 8/28/19. This is suppose to solve all the problems. We’ll see, I go in on the 16th. I’ll let ya all know

SS2112

Reaction score
Do you have Navigation? My biggest frustration is that I changed my guidance volume down to level 1 (from level 15), but whenever I restart the case the setting stays at what I set it at, but the voice goes back to level 15. As a result, I have to go through the multiple step process to toggle it up to level 2 and back down to level 1 to get it back to where I want it. It impacts all alerts from the system.

What version are you currently running now after the radio swap?
I do not have navigation, and I'm not sure what the version is.

SS2112

Reaction score
Uconnect contacted me and requested I go to the dealer for the latest update released on 8/28/19. This is suppose to solve all the problems. We’ll see, I go in on the 16th. I’ll let ya all know
Good Luck! That's what they told me as well. Worse that will happen is you'll get a new Uconnect system like I did, which weirdly enough fixed all my issues without their new update.

SS2112

Reaction score
That's good news. I wonder if its just certain units here and there not all of them, there's just not enough people complaining about it I feel.
Yeah, I was talking to the technician on how I had the same Uconnect 8.4 without navigation in my 2014 and 2016 Rams, and they worked flawlessly. Now the Uconnect systems are riddled with issues. He said that Harmon Kardon was the main supplier in the past for the Uconnect systems. Now Panasonic is making them. I wonder if they're installing units from both suppliers, and only the Panasonic units are junk. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread