5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incoming call volume u conect painfully loud.

Mch5jdm

Reaction score
I can’t even find the setting. I have to turn my vol all the way down. Wife won’t ride in my truck cuz it scared the crap out of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamBS1500

Reaction score
Just flood the complaint department with emails.

Just bought a new 2020 bighorn and love it, other than the lady screaming at me when I get a call or text. Turning it down while she is talking is a stupid "fix" if it doesn't stay turned down. Seems like a very easy setting to add in the tree "default alert volume". It already in the program because it always defaults back to level 14. Just make it accessible to the user/owner.

HaciendaMan

Reaction score
2020 Limited with 12" and nav, iPhone 12. I have had this truck a year now and it just started doing this, while driving and concentrating on the road at 75mph, a phone call comes in and blasts me out of the truck, my ears won't stop ringing! It is that frigging loud. unbelievably annoying.
I'm going to dealer next week. Will update asap.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I would like a resolve as well.

Just "turning the phone volume down" then requires higher volume for the carplay or bluetooth pandora. Frustrating, but will hope enough other complaints allow for adjustment within a software upgrade.

Florida Truck

Reaction score
I hope ! I’ve been dealing with this problem for over a year, no solution from Uconnect .They state is was designed that way to default back to the higher volume setting. Please keep us updated

HaciendaMan

Reaction score
if I should un-pair the Phone, then that should stop the problem, right? But then I would then no longer have Car-Play though. Is this assumption correct?

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
You pair the phone via Bluetooth, Uconnect four only has car play via plug in.

so it doesn’t matter if you unpair it or not using car play, it will still do it.

0051 MAR

Reaction score
Any fix on this yet? I have a 2020 Laramie 1500 with the 12". I've tried a Samsung and an Apple, both phones default to level 15 volume for both incoming and outgoing calls. The volume settings on the phone make no difference. Whether I use Android auto or apple car play makes no difference. Uconnect says this is NOT normal and asked me to take it to a dealer. I'm taking it in tomorrow. I'll update if I learn anything helpful.

RichInMN

Reaction score
Any fix on this yet? I have a 2020 Laramie 1500 with the 12". I've tried a Samsung and an Apple, both phones default to level 15 volume for both incoming and outgoing calls. The volume settings on the phone make no difference. Whether I use Android auto or apple car play makes no difference. Uconnect says this is NOT normal and asked me to take it to a dealer. I'm taking it in tomorrow. I'll update if I learn anything helpful.
You will get no satisfaction and nothing from your dealer, my recommendation is to not waste your time. This is a horrible "feature" of UConnect that I believe is actually a safety issue due to drivers being startled - but there is no fix.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Several times in the last 18 months when this happened, all I did was turn the "radio volume knob" to the left and the sound was normal again.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Several times in the last 18 months when this happened, all I did was turn the "radio volume knob" to the left and the sound was normal again.
It’s good until the initial volume wakes up the baby no matter how quick you turn it down.

Florida Truck

Reaction score
Good luck, I had a star case on the volume issue and it escalated to a Uconnect engineer who stated the system was designed to default back to volume level 14. Please let us know if they have developed a fix

0051 MAR

Reaction score
You will get no satisfaction and nothing from your dealer, my recommendation is to not waste your time. This is a horrible "feature" of UConnect that I believe is actually a safety issue due to drivers being startled - but there is no fix.

Good luck, I had a star case on the volume issue and it escalated to a Uconnect engineer who stated the system was designed to default back to volume level 14. Please let us know if they have developed a fix
As predicted, no fix. In fact, the dealer was so incompetent they just checked the radio volume and happily reported no issue. This is despite the fact that I explained the issue when I made the appointment and again when I dropped off the truck.

I did have a few interesting revelations today though. 1. Even though my past FCA vehicles didn't do it, the default to level 15 volume thing does seem to be a "feature" now. I tried it on a 2018 Keep Grand Cherokee with the 8.4 Uconnect and it does it too. Maybe this feature showed up when the Uconnect systems changed in 2018. When they went from the matte screen finish to glossy (if that makes sense). The screen on my13 and 17 Charger's were not nearly as glossy.

Revelation 2. I used to ALWAYS keep my ringer on full volume. I've recently been keeping it on low. I am now noticing that, although still very loud, the truck's ringer volume is in fact tied to the phone's ringer volume. This sucks because if I don't want my eardrums blown out, I have to constantly change the phone's volume. Can we just go back to when the vehicle has its own ringtone please?

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully this get an update before the 6th Gens come out...

Last edited:

Hogzfan

Reaction score
Two years of this problem!!! Wow, thought i was just an idiot for not finding the setting to correct. @RamCares where are you? How about an update please. Def a safety concern given the right situation. I hate my phone ringing while connected to the uconnect.

CJ7nvrstk

Reaction score
Emailed them, let’s see what kind of response I get.

pinetag

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 bighorn and have this issue as well. Wow! Hard to believe yall have been having this problem for a couple of years. I thought it was just the default volume, so I've been searching through the settings and cannot get this fixed. At least I know I'm not the only one now.

MLM ABQ

Reaction score
I stumbled across this thread while searching for a solution for the same problem with my 2021 Jeep Wrangler. I am at least glad to know it's not just me, or my phone, or my Jeep. I tried to get the guys at the dealership to fix this problem, and as others have reported, they couldn't figure out a solution either. It's really nuts - the ringer is so loud it makes everyone in the Jeep jump, including me, even after months of hearing it. If anyone has any success getting UConnect to resolve this major flaw I'd like to hear about it.

Jeanoel

Reaction score
Update. Didn’t work. Got call next day volume back loud. Resets once vehicle is turned off!! Boo

Got this off a Jeep site. Did it on my 2022 ram 1500 12” screen. Works perfect now! Won’t get the **** scared out of me with incoming calls lol

Attachments

• IMG_9513.png
    IMG_9513.png
    241 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread