5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm not sure what wheels are actually coming on my truck....

Flot

Reaction score
I haven't gone to production yet, but have noticed an oddity in the build-and-price tool online.

My package is Laramie, Crew Cab, 4x4, with 5'7" bed. When I add the sport package, these are the wheels I get, which don't seem to exist in any other config?

(see attachment)

However, if I go back and I configure as a Laramie, Crew Cab, 2 WD with 5'7" bed, or actually many of the other configs for Laramie Sport, like 4x4 Crew 6'4 bed, I get this (I'm not really a fan of these wheels):

(see attachment)

Does this make sense to anyone else? I'm not clear why Laramie Sport would have different wheel options for Crew Cab, Quad Cab, 4x4, 4x2, or bed length, but it makes a difference. I am ASSUMING this is a glitch in the online configuration tool but ???

Attachments

• crewsportwheels.JPG
    crewsportwheels.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 27
  • ram2wdwheels.JPG
    ram2wdwheels.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 25

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 20" wheels on the top are standard on the Laramie Sport, the wheels in the bottom photo are 22" and are an option. Both wheels are specific to the Laramie sport but I have not scene the 20" wheels at all yet as Laramie sports just went into production last week.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Should be the top 20 inch wheels unless you optioned for the 22's. I was just sent this picture, you can make out the wheels a bit although they do have the protective cover on them.

(see attachment)

Attachments

• received_1910791512278738.jpeg
    received_1910791512278738.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 162

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I like the lower one, amazing all the choices and difference in likes and wants.

No wonder it is so hard for manufacturers to hit it for everyone
1f609.png

Flot

Reaction score
So you guys think the lower wheels are just a glitch in the config tool, and all the Laramie sport configs should come with the upper style?

This was my first time ordering a vehicle, but I was actually somewhat surprised at the lack of customization. Didn’t expect anything major, but would have thought that if I wanted wheel X then I would have been able to choose that. I realize it’s a matter of pricing/packaging and simplifying configs.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
More than likely it's a glitch. Should be getting the top wheels (20s) unless you opted for the 22s.

On the Canadian site nothing visually changes when you select options, it's weird.

I could possibly see the 22s being standard on Crew Cab sport package 2wd trucks as RAM did that for some special editions of the 2WD sport for the past few years of the 4th gens, but I think it's unlikely.

Flot

Reaction score
They updated the build and price site today, and now when you choose 4x4 Laramie Sport Crew Cab, it gives you the option of the 20" wheels included in price, or the 22" black wheels for $1295.

D

Deleted member 85

Flot said:
They updated the build and price site today, and now when you choose 4x4 Laramie Sport Crew Cab, it gives you the option of the 20" wheels included in price, or the 22" black wheels for $1295.
Makes you wonder if FCA is keeping tabs on this phenomenal site eh?

Users who are viewing this thread