5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

if you have a hemi etorque

834k3r

Reaction score
Responses to this are going to be wide-ranging with passionate answers on both sides.

From my perspective, I like having the eT system if only to restart the engine during its auto-start/auto-stop cycle. Other designs use the starter (wearing down the starter), but the eT system uses the hybrid nature of the system to restart the engine.

I probably wouldn't miss it if I didn't have it, but I appreciate reducing wear and tear where I can.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Responses to this are going to be wide-ranging with passionate answers on both sides.

From my perspective, I like having the eT system if only to restart the engine during its auto-start/auto-stop cycle. Other designs use the starter (wearing down the starter), but the eT system uses the hybrid nature of the system to restart the engine.

I probably wouldn't miss it if I didn't have it, but I appreciate reducing wear and tear where I can.

I turn the stop/start bs off as soon as I start the vehicle …. It’s annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dandar

Reaction score
Specifically ordered my 22 without it …. It just seems like a really expensive fix once the warranty is up …. I keep my trucks for 9 or 10 years

Warranty for etorque is 8 years. It's not part of bumper to bumper but rather part of emissions equipment warranty. Having said that, I wish I got mine without etorque. The uneven braking when regenerating electricity and turning engine off while AC is struggling to cool off the truck in the summer are annoying.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

I'm not worried about the wide-ranging opinions.

I am trying to see if it is worth being forced to have it
my new order was changed to include the etorque and I am trying to decide if I want it or not

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I specifically ordered mine without it too. I was concerned about reliability and I just didn't like eTorque as much as the non-eTorque trucks I drove.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm not worried about the wide-ranging opinions.

I am trying to see if it is worth being forced to have it
my new order was changed to include the etorque and I am trying to decide if I want it or not
I have it on my Limited. Didn't want it, but the truck with everything else I wanted had it. I installed the autostop eliminator and I don't even notice that my truck has it now. I never did notice any weird braking issues that some people have complained about. Don't let it stop you from getting a truck you otherwise want.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I have it on my Limited. Didn't want it, but the truck with everything else I wanted had it. I installed the autostop eliminator and I don't even notice that my truck has it now. I never did notice any weird braking issues that some people have complained about. Don't let it stop you from getting a truck you otherwise want.
for me it is a second order as the first the dealer left off 3.92 and the 33 tank.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
please explain

The writing is on the wall.

On July 8, 2021, Ram CEO Mike Koval told Stellanis investors “By 2025, all vehicles in the Ram lineup will have some degree of electrification”

Also the new “infrastructure bill” HR 3684 will soon require new ICE vehicles sold under 10,000 GVWR to have ESS

Last edited:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have it. I like it. I don’t understand why people turn stop/start off. I have a feeling if they spent a week or two with it, it’d fade into the background and they’d hardly notice it.

Actually, that’s not fair. I do notice start/stop, but it doesn’t bother me one bit. It saves gas, it works smoothly, and doesn’t get in the way. I’ve got no problems with it.

That’s not to say you should or should not get eTorque. It is to say, if you’ve got it, use it.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I like it when it acts like an engine brake when slowing down, and it seems to pick up in the lower rpm’s a bit quicker than the normal ones.

That said I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy one or to avoid one, it came standard in the trim I bought, so that’s why I have it.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I have it, and like it. The biggest thing I like is the smooth shifts. I like the auto-stop/start. But, honestly could line without it. I don't tow so I'm not sure what benefit there is versus the complexity.

bpwj76

Reaction score
I have it, and like it. The biggest thing I like is the smooth shifts. I like the auto-stop/start. But, honestly could line without it. I don't tow so I'm not sure what benefit there is versus the complexity.
I have it, like it, and do tow. My travel trailer is about 6,900-7,000lbs. It's supposed to help the truck get off the line better when towing and it does do that. Have you noticed (when not towing) that when you pull away from a stop, the throttle feels a little "touchy" or "agressive"? I have to take their word for it when they say it smooths out the shifts... they are very smooth.

I also like how it doesn't use a starter to restart during start/stop operation. My wife's BMW X3 uses the starter, so we programmed it off permanently.

photog0611

Reaction score
I have it on my 2021 Limited - mainly because it was on the truck on the lot that best fit my requirements. I live in a rural area so don't use the start/ stop feature much. It hasn't caused any problems at all, nor is it a feature that I put a lot of value on. If I had a do-over., I wouldn't not get a truck I liked if it already had eTorque, nor would I make much of an effort to find one with eTorque.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread