5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If not a Ram, then what?

KeithStone76

Reaction score
If you were to buy a pickup right now, what would you buy? Stick with Ram or different flavor?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would wait until the mid-cycle refresh of the RAM coming for the 2024 model year or a recently refreshed Silverado Trail Boss with a vastly improved interior. The Silverado finally has no weaknesses. Factor in the best in class dealership network (instead of last in class RAM) and we got a really good alternative.

I'm historically a Ford guy, but open to all makes. Right now the F150 is too similar to the last gen, so it's out of the picture for me. The Tundra also doesn't quite do it for me, especially in the styling department. I love my current Rebel so much, that for the first time in a long time, I actually got an extended warranty because I plan on owning her until the end of the DT generation, probably 4-5 more years.

My next truck could be an EV at this rate.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’d wait until 2025 to see the new fords, but if I couldn’t wait, I’d look closely at the GMC Sierra Denali. The deciding factor would be if stealerships are charging way over msrp for the GMC.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
I was looking at RAM, Chevy, and Ford...really wanted a Chevy, but everything I read online said that they aren't very comfortable, and we take very long drives with kids in the back. So the first truck that I test drove was a Ram Rebel...and absolutely fell in love with the style, comfort, and the way it drove. It drove a lot better than I ever expected it to.

Dewey

Reaction score
I was a solid GM guy for most of my life and still like them. RAM is the only truck option for me at this moment but if they stopped making them for some crazy reason or completely dropped the Hemi then I’d have to go back to Chevy’s which I drove for over 35 years previously to my last 3 RAM’s. The new interior looks to be a step in the right direction. Hopefully I never have to make that choice.

Last edited:

Derek916

Reaction score
I haven't looked at Chevrolet, mostly because there aren't any discounts that I am aware of. After building out a 74K F-150 Platinum and a 1500 Limited, the Limited won hands down. Better bed utility (MFT / Ram Boxes), and air suspension. The only nods that I could give to the F-150 is that it has Eco boost which is faster, and their style looks better IMO. Also, MD gives Ram the edge because I am pretty sure a comparable built truck is cheaper thanks to MD.

Ram is also the winner because they seemingly are past their building delays, unlike Ford. As the motto goes, the best ability is availability.

wjcook68

Reaction score
Had an F-150 for 13 years and it was a great truck for me. It now resides with my father in law who has made it his dedicated hunting truck. I looked at the new Fords and wasn't crazy about the interiors on the trim levels I was looking at. My Brother in Law just bought a 2022 Silverado 3500 High Country with the Duramax and Allison. Awesome truck. Auto down tailgate AND auto up. I just liked the RAM interiors the best for the range I could afford.. If I couldn't have a RAM I guess it would come down to whichever brand was cheapest.

KeithStone76

Reaction score
I'm not too sure I would actually buy one, but the Titan Pro4x is a nice looking truck. Never driven one so I can't say how.it handles or how comfortable it is. But I also like my trucks as trucks. I'm kind of no frills when it comes to them.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If not a Ram, I would go GMC but the rear seat area is still not on par with Ram or Ford and I have 3 kids to shuttle around. Also the GMC/Chevy do not ride as nice as the Ram.

Last edited:

hoodac78

Reaction score
I would consider a F150 again. I really enjoyed that truck until it was damaged in a collision and was never the same after. The 3.5L Ecoboost for towing is just a beast.....I love how the RPMs stay low and has a ton of power. The Powerboost would be an attractive option for camping, and economical for when you aren't towing. I do love the air suspension when towing as the auto level is great, and I feel like the Ram is a more comfortable ride compared to my 2016 Lariat. Plus and minuses with everything I suppose. No truck is cheap these days either.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I'm not too sure I would actually buy one, but the Titan Pro4x is a nice looking truck. Never driven one so I can't say how.it handles or how comfortable it is. But I also like my trucks as trucks. I'm kind of no frills when it comes to them.

Said no one, ever. :ROFLMAO:

beetlespin

Reaction score
I jumped off the Ford F-150 bus and went with a 2022 Ram. Going to take a lot to get me back especially if they don't fix the rediculous pricing.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
You are on a Ram forum lol.

Anyway my 2nd choice would of been a Tundra up until recently and now it would be a Chevy. I actually agree with you on Some Nissans looking OK but they are surprisingly expensive.

Last edited:

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score

No frills would be the 4th gen Rams that you can still buy as Ram 1500 classic

Runagun

Reaction score
If ram wasn't in the picture I get a lightning

Derek916

Reaction score
If ram wasn't in the picture I get a lightning
I probably could of done more research on it but my dealer was like yeah when you get it we are going to charge you a 20K mark up. He wasn’t too happy when I cancelled on my allocation him.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
I'm typically a Ford guy - I still love my REAL Lightning, that being the 1999-2004 SVT Lightning, not that new electric truck they put the name on. However, before 2021, their interiors were crap compared to RAM. But with the updated interior and engine options, I would look at Ford again. That PowerBoost with 571 lb-ft of torque along with being able to pump 240v to your house makes it pretty damn cool.

Users who are viewing this thread