5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I spilled something into the hole where the center console latches. How do I get in there?

yogriffman

Reaction score
Truck: 2021 1500 Big Horn with the bench seat. I'm finding this extremely hard to word so I've attached a few pictures. I spilled some smoothie this morning into the middle of the center console, which then seeped beneath the bar where the lid of the center console latches closed. Anyone know how I can get in there to clean it up? Smoothie 1.jpg Smoothie 2.jpg

Insanity

Reaction score
IIRC it pops out just have to pry on it. It's been a while since I worked in the place they were assembled.

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
Q-tip and some simple green?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And that's why smoothies aren't allowed in any of our vehicles. :ROFLMAO: Sorry, I have no suggestions other than to say to be more careful in the future? At least that's not as bad as spilling a whole gallon of milk in the back of a carpeted mini van (ask me how I know).

yogriffman

Reaction score
Just in case someone ever has the same issue....

1. Pull the rubber bottoms out of the tray and the cupholders.
2. Unscrew those screws (#1 philips and T25 torx)
3. Lightly pull up on the plastic pieces around the edge, eventually the whole thing will pop off relatively easily.
4. Pop out the little clips holding the upholstery in place and peel it back.
5. Unscrew the hinge of the lid (T20 torx)
6. Then you can pull the whole plastic piece out and get to the bottom upholstery underneath the storage tray.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted out. And thanks for sharing how to take it apart. (y)

Insanity

Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted out. I don't remember all the steps to assemble one. The line was not long and they did not run it fast. I do know there are some defects but you would only see it if you were looking right at it.

Users who are viewing this thread