5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really hope this is a joke...

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Naw, stupid **** like that doesn't mean anything to me. I'm more concerned that supposedly 50% of Americans voted for Biden and 50% voted for Trump (or a percentage close to that). I know who I voted for and am thinking how in the hell could anyone vote for that guy...and you can bet the other side is thinking how in the hell could my side vote for my guy. Now that is is the kind of crap that keeps me awake at night...not some ******* wasting money with stupid stunts.

Then again, depending upon which side you voted for, you might consider "the other candidate" to be just as big a ******* if one utilizes "wasting money or stupid stunts" as a benchmark! ;)

Yes, politics and morons appears to be synonymous!

But he is making money, lots of money with this stunt. When he is done and literally burned that truck to the ground, he probably made 2-3 times what he paid for it. That's not including the tax write-off for the vehicle as well.

He is a a********* for sure, I couldn't stand him even before these TRX videos, but he is making bank with these videos. I can only hope copy cats won't be doing it as well, but it's Youtube, so be prepared for more.

OtterRam

Reaction score
I can’t even burn a barrel of trash in my backyard, I’m sure he can’t burn everything in that truck! Although not all places have silly laws like my area.

I don’t understand the emotional reaction so many people are having to this, perhaps I’d feel different if I was waiting for mine to ship though.

Unfortunately an $80k truck is not in my immediate or long term future lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Apples and oranges. Your example is way off line and has nothing to do with this conversation.
I didn't read his comment thinking he was trying to make a valid analogy, just the point that sometimes manufacturers sell vehicles with prohibited legal clauses.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045501 miles.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn't read his comment thinking he was trying to make a valid analogy, just the point that sometimes manufacturers sell vehicles with prohibited legal clauses.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045501 miles.
Agreed...but everyone knows that buying a TRX is not tied to any legal contact with the manufacturer.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the history of the world examples of people doing stupid, illogical, insane, ridiculous things would fill a book that has a million pages.

But as far as we know this truck was his to burn. Based on everything I know at the moment, he comes off to me as an under-the-radar Ram hater who desperately seeks to have status and attention. He may also be a click-bait prostitute, or, a lot of other things. With my knowledge of psychology, I'm suspicious he might have some latent pathological issues. I wouldn't want any daughter of mine to be dating him.

Let's face it. Some people would be better off not breeding.

Regards,
Dusty

fsjosh

Reaction score
Yeah, completely stupid. I heard of another guy that ruined $100,000 worth of perfectly good lumber, concrete, and building materials and turned them into a house that he sold for $250,000. A lot of people would have loved to have that building material and others couldn't afford it. The audacity of some people.

It's a business. By watching the video, you are his customer. Just because you don't understand or like the business model, doesn't mean it's not a legit one.

Rupp

Reaction score
I only wish I had this kind of money to burn. :)

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oof

U

User_3336

Surprised FCA didn't get involved, but, hey, they sold a $70K+ truck!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It’s kind of cool and sad at the same time watching a perfectly good vehicle getting trashed, similar to watching the NHTSA crash tests (at least they’re done for a good cause), but I agree with others, who cares?

The guy seems to know what makes him money, and at the end of the day, it‘s a business for him.

Cheers,

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Surprised FCA didn't get involved, but, hey, they sold a $70K+ truck!
How exactly would they get involved? They have no dog in the fight other than they built and sold him the truck. Once they sell it they have no say about what a buyer does with it.

Users who are viewing this thread