5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really hope this is a joke...

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I’m sure some of you have read the article on here about streetspeed717’s TRX situation. He got the 2nd truck in the world, proceeded to jump it, then I did a thread about how him hammering the fender and just completely trashing his car on purpose and wanted more views for everything was pretty ridiculous but wanted your guys’ take on it. Well a friend had mentioned he would set it on fire for likes yesterday and now another friend sent this in today. So what about it, is it too far?! I’m hoping maybe it’s clickbait and he tore off the front end and set it on fire but still. Is Ram cool with this? Sure it’s his truck and all, but like, wow the disrespect is through the roof. How is it that he places an order on a trx and gets it almost immediately after production starts and then trashes it less than a week after ownership; and others on here are waiting months for their trucks?

EDECB86D-E3E8-48A1-9899-73DC51AE64A8.png

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is Ram cool with this? Sure it’s his truck and all, but like, wow the disrespect is through the roof. How is it that he places an order on a trx and gets it almost immediately after production starts and then trashes it less than a week after ownership; and others on here are waiting months for their trucks?
You really think RAM could give a **** what this guy does to his truck??? :ROFLMAO:

Smashius

Reaction score

He owns it, he can do what he pleases imo. Doesn't have an impact on me or my truck.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In his last video (where he installed 48” tires with 8 wheel spacers) he mentioned that if it got 50k likes he’d set the truck on fire. Some of these you tubers will do anything to get views and subs.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that was the first post/article about it I mentioned, crazy.

Smashius

Reaction score
Or the fact that there are numerous people that would love to own one but can’t afford it.....

Is that really upsetting to people? So if he lit $100k in cash on fire, you'd be upset about that too because people can't afford that? It's his, what he does with it is his business.

We're all watching it and talking about it, and views and clicks beget views and clicks. So really, we paid for that TRX to get destroyed. Now we're all wondering exactly how or if he set the whole truck on fire, and we'll watch to find out. It's almost like he's good at his job...

U

User_3336

Guy has TWO Raptors and the TRX. He's obviously got money to blow.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bull $hit. He paid for it and can blow it up if he wanted to!
actually, there are contracts sometimes between a dealer and a buyer that forbids certain things. For instance, some limited super cars can not be resold in the first year. You break the contract, they sue you.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
actually, there are contracts sometimes between a dealer and a buyer that forbids certain things. For instance, some limited super cars can not be resold in the first year. You break the contract, they sue you.
Apples and oranges. Your example is way off line and has nothing to do with this conversation.

jimchi

Reaction score
If you don’t like it, don’t watch. You’re only giving the guy more views by linking to the video here.

As for the contracts Ferrari and Ford have had buyers of their super cars sign, that’s for brand image. How do you think Ram feels about a guy getting their truck hundreds of thousands of views showing it handling a jump well outside design considerations and suffering relatively minor mechanical damage?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you don’t like it, don’t watch. You’re only giving the guy more views by linking to the video here.

As for the contracts Ferrari and Ford have had buyers of their super cars sign, that’s for brand image. How do you think Ram feels about a guy getting their truck hundreds of thousands of views showing it handling a jump well outside design considerations and suffering relatively minor mechanical damage?
Yep...RAM is thrilled with what this guys is doing. More free advertising for what this awesome machine can do and handle.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
His delivery video of the TRX got a little over 100K views, his jump video got over 1 million views. 1 million views can easily get an established Youtuber with lots of subs over $50,000 just for that one video.

That truck is nothing but a business proposition for him and I guarantee you FCA is fine with his vids. Gets them exposure for their rather tuff truck that got abused beyond the realm of reality and still survived. Tons of free press that reaches millions of people.

When you see one pristine TRX, you have seen them all. What's one abused truck by some Youtuber who is only expanding the exposure of the truck, which actually underlines its durability. Not like these are limited production vehicles, FCA will make as many as they can for as long as they can.

Users who are viewing this thread