5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Gotta be careful on this forum!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stuart

Stuart- In my case, no sunroof. It is the back glass that leaks. So did the replacement glass. Dealer has ordered another new glass assembly. Seems to be a common problem. Easy to diagnose. You'll see it drip along the top edge of the rear window if you have this issue.
Sunroof leaks are common too and some others on here have discovered leaks at the front fender seam. Can't wait to get the kinks worked out. Its a great truck!

Thanks for the explanation. I will check mine.

Gozar

Reaction score
You don't have auto-unlocking front doors and a button on the outside handle to press and lock the door?

Guidance volume can be adjusted. When she's yelling at you, turn down her volume.

The dash lighting can be widely adjusted by the dimmer on the dash.
No, my doors have no button and no proximity unlock. Many complaints about this even some even claiming false advertising for saying “remote keyless entry”
I have the guidance volume turned down to 1, same loud as if it were on 7 or 8, several threads on this problem
My dash lighting is bright, as soon as it clicks down to the next setting it is very dim - again several threads of folks with this same issue, it’s almost like there is a zero to 50% then 100%, nothing between 50 and 100

Wolf

Reaction score
I like this forum, grant you I haven't been here long or been to every thread. I did however save a couple hundred dollars because somebody here found a cheaper way to buy the factory trailer brake controller. I recieved $250 because somebody posted about the "Bonus Drive" rebate. I also recieved a check for $450 because somebody pointed out a missing "included" feature my truck was also missing and I ran it up the chain at FCA. Thank you guys/gals.

I view most people's problems as credible, because they are not my problems and all vehicles have issues small and large. It is normal with so many people to have some that care SOO much about an "issue" and others that couldn't care less about the same "issue". This forum also has a great list of TSB's to check if/when I have a concern. I certainly wouldn't read every one of them, that will make a person paranoid.

Who doesn't like pics, improvement tutorials, mods and hacks? You all rock in my book. Keep up the greatness!

cgmars

Reaction score
I like this forum, grant you I haven't been here long or been to every thread. I did however save a couple hundred dollars because somebody here found a cheaper way to buy the factory trailer brake controller. I recieved $250 because somebody posted about the "Bonus Drive" rebate. I also recieved a check for $450 because somebody pointed out a missing "included" feature my truck was also missing and I ran it up the chain at FCA. Thank you guys/gals.

I view most people's problems as credible, because they are not my problems and all vehicles have issues small and large. It is normal with so many people to have some that care SOO much about an "issue" and others that couldn't care less about the same "issue". This forum also has a great list of TSB's to check if/when I have a concern. I certainly wouldn't read every one of them, that will make a person paranoid.

Who doesn't like pics, improvement tutorials, mods and hacks? You all rock in my book. Keep up the greatness!
What missing feature, i just joined the forum?

2020RamSport

Reaction score
With all the issues I'm reading about, I'm questioning my decision to buy a 2020, and keep my 2005. It's got 135k miles, and it still runs great!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With all the issues I'm reading about, I'm questioning my decision to buy a 2020, and keep my 2005. It's got 135k miles, and it still runs great!
Meanwhile, I’ve been enjoying my custom-ordered 2019 for over a year (and I struggled to part with my solid 2003 GMC). Only you can decide when it’s time to jump in...you might never buy anything if you spend too much time on these forums ;)

Wolf

Reaction score
What missing feature, i just joined the forum?
The builder used to say "memory mirrors" even if you had tow or on certain trims but it was incorrect. Wolf got FCA to fix it and got a free trailer setup in the process. You don't get anything :)
@jdmartin pretty much summed it up. On the Big Horn's North Edition, Sport Appearance and Black Appearance, prior to the date they were convinced to remove it, Ramtrucks.com build site stated "mirrors w/memory" were an included item with those packages, along with a clear definition of "mirrors w/memory". If you bought before the date they removed it, had screen shots and were willing to spend a few days explaining and standing your ground, you may get some type of reimbursement. A buddy I work with got the nice rubber floor mats and a couple oil changes. I prepped him well. Outside of that, Mr. Martin is correct. You get nothing because the proof it was ever a thing is gone and it wouldn't apply to anyone that bought after they removed it from the build site.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a 2003; which isn't much different than the 2005. If you want to save money, then keep the 2005. However, I am telling you there is no comparison here; the 5th Gen is a whole other class than a 2005. There may be a few problems; but this is the best riding, most comfortable truck that I have ever driven. Despite the few problems that I had, I love driving this truck every day. I have a great Service Department who has worked hard to take care of all my concerns. Be careful too, sometimes reading problems in the forum will make you believe you have the same problem. I have caught myself overanalyzing things and imagining problems. My truck has had its share of issues, but they are getting corrected. I love this truck.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Meanwhile, I’ve been enjoying my custom-ordered 2019 for over a year (and I struggled to part with my solid 2003 GMC). Only you can decide when it’s time to jump in...you might never buy anything if you spend too much time on these forums ;)
Ain't that the truth. If you read here too much you'd take your truck out back and burn it.

Users who are viewing this thread